I don't know how many EDM/electronic music fans there are here on Vinyl Collective, but I noticed there wasn't a thread for us so I made one. Going to a festival soon? Have a favorite track you want to share? Everything and anything related to electronic music can be discussed and shared here.

With that said, I like to mix in my free time. I haven't pulled the trigger and purchased a proper controller yet but I get by mixing with just my laptop. I go by the "HANABI" moniker on Soundcloud and recently put out a trap/heaven trap/dubstep/etc mix that you can listen to right here! Enjoy (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

The only EDM records I own are Skrillex - Bangarang and Bassnectar - Noise vs. Beauty. Both of which I love.

If you're a Skrillex fan you should definitely check out Sonny's new project with Diplo, Jack U. Their album is available on vinyl, I actually need to pick up a copy myself. Also I'd suggest Madeon's "Adventure" (potentially my AOTY for 2015).

If you're a Skrillex fan you should definitely check out Sonny's new project with Diplo, Jack U. Their album is available on vinyl, I actually need to pick up a copy myself. Also I'd suggest Madeon's "Adventure" (potentially my AOTY for 2015).

Yeah, I've been wanting to get Jack U but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Haven't listened to any Madeon though, so I'll definitely have to check his stuff out.

glad to see someone else here enjoys electronic music! slow magic is awesome! noticed that avatar when i first found this board. i dont enjoy any of the mainstream stuff but have always had a soft spot for skrillex (because from first to last).

check out:

Odesza (im sure you know)

Porter Robinson (Worlds is so good!)

Rufus Du Sol - they make some killer tracks, innerbloom being my favorite!

Tycho (obviously)

Bonobo

Flight Facilities

Flume

FMLYBND

Gessafalstein (sp?)

Lane 8

Yotto ( Basically anything of Anjunadeep Records)

I listen to mostly deep house and techno. 

and all the people who hate on it, people like what they like, get over it!

I grew up getting made fun of in high school for liking some electronic music. I am def bitter about it's sudden popularity and I quite hate the term edm and most acts associated with it.

Electronic artist that matter:

Daft Punk

Danger

Fatboy slim

Chemical brothers

SebastiAn

Eric Prydz

Armand Van Helden

Boys Noize

DJ Mehdi

DJ shadow

Etienne De Crecy

Fake blood

Mr.Oizo

Felix da housecat

Powerglove

Netsky

16 bit

Fuck this skrillex, shm, Steve aoki push button bullshit.

I grew up getting made fun of in high school for liking some electronic music. I am def bitter about it's sudden popularity and I quite hate the term edm and most acts associated with it.

Daft Punk

Danger

Fatboy slim

Chemical brothers

SebastiAn

Eric Prydz

Armand Van Helden

Boys Noize

DJ Mehdi

DJ shadow

Etienne De Crecy

Fake blood

Mr.Oizo

Felix da housecat

Powerglove

Netsky

16 bit

solid list! i too hate the whole edm term. i grew up listening to moby, fat boy slim, daft punk, etc. i do like skrillex (he is mainstream but if you have ever seen him at an underground show, he fuckin kills it! he does way more on the decks than most of the people i have seen.)

glad to see someone else here enjoys electronic music! slow magic is awesome! noticed that avatar when i first found this board. i dont enjoy any of the mainstream stuff but have always had a soft spot for skrillex (because from first to last).

check out:

Odesza (im sure you know)

Porter Robinson (Worlds is so good!)

Rufus Du Sol - they make some killer tracks, innerbloom being my favorite!

Tycho (obviously)

Bonobo

Flight Facilities

Flume

FMLYBND

Gessafalstein (sp?)

Lane 8

Yotto ( Basically anything of Anjunadeep Records)

I listen to mostly deep house and techno. 

and all the people who hate on it, people like what they like, get over it!

Dude, SUCH a solid list <3 Worlds is my favorite album of all time (I'm sure you noticed my username and the gif in my signature), Odezsa is great as are Flume, Bonobo and Tycho. I also really like Giraffage and Madeon!

Odesza, Telefon Tel Aviv, Tycho, Illenium, Crystalize, Gill Chang, Lido, RL Grime, Snails, Slander, NGHTMRE, Instant Party, Porter and Lookas are some of my favs. I've been doing live mixes for a few years, lately 50% trap, 50% more melodic typical edm stuff like the usual Seven Lions, Virtual Riot, Galantis, Cash Cash, Dzeko & Torres or various remixes of junk like that. When I first got into it I fell into the Spinnin Records big room thing for a few sets but it got really boring really fast, I won't argue with anyone that that's one place in EDM that everything for the most part sounds the same and pretty unimpressive.

Between writing for my various other music projects I really don't have the time to invest in doing much with learning actual vinyl beat matching (aside from the obvious fact that most of what I'd wanna play isn't pressed to do that anyway) so it is very much "lazy" synced Traktor button pushing stuff but I do it to give friends a good time at convention dances more than to showboat with Sick Skillz™.

Not to be that guy but I'm stoked to see how quick people jump in here to troll on electronic stuff without having spent hours in an FM synthesizer with a massive headache working out a sound that's played for less than 6 seconds. It's stupid easy to turn on an amp, hit a few pedals and start jamming but having to make the sounds you're gonna write with before you can even start writing is a whole other game. I work on both sides of this fence. It all takes work. (Unless you just use presets like Martin Garrix to puke out generic bangers but that should go without saying.)

Odesza, Telefon Tel Aviv, Tycho, Illenium, Crystalize, Gill Chang, Lido, RL Grime, Snails, Slander, NGHTMRE, Instant Party, Porter and Lookas are some of my favs. I've been doing live mixes for a few years, lately 50% trap, 50% more melodic typical edm stuff like the usual Seven Lions, Virtual Riot, Galantis, Cash Cash, Dzeko & Torres or various remixes of junk like that. When I first got into it I fell into the Spinnin Records big room thing for a few sets but it got really boring really fast, I won't argue with anyone that that's one place in EDM that everything for the most part sounds the same and pretty unimpressive.

Between writing for my various other music projects I really don't have the time to invest in doing much with learning actual vinyl beat matching (aside from the obvious fact that most of what I'd wanna play isn't pressed to do that anyway) so it is very much "lazy" synced Traktor button pushing stuff but I do it to give friends a good time at convention dances more than to showboat with Sick Skillz™.

Not to be that guy but I'm stoked to see how quick people jump in here to troll on electronic stuff without having spent hours in an FM synthesizer with a massive headache working out a sound that's played for less than 6 seconds. It's stupid easy to turn on an amp, hit a few pedals and start jamming but having to make the sounds you're gonna write with before you can even start writing is a whole other game. I work on both sides of this fence. It all takes work. (Unless you just use presets like Martin Garrix to puke out generic bangers but that should go without saying.)

Let me just say, the "Goodbye To A World" remix you and Deimos did is like my favorite thing ever.

Daft Punk

Danger

Fatboy slim

Chemical brothers

SebastiAn

Eric Prydz

Armand Van Helden

Boys Noize

DJ Mehdi

DJ shadow

Etienne De Crecy

Fake blood

Mr.Oizo

Felix da housecat

Powerglove

Netsky

16 bit

danger is fucking awesome. you missed a lot of earlier 90s stuff tho: aphex twin, orbital, underworld, moby, the prodigy, acen, 808 state, etc.

Danger is god

Was more sticking with dance music. Not like aphex twin, Boards of Canada style.

Of course moby and prodigy. Just a quick list.

Saw moby a few years back he was solid.

And as for skrillex. He is alright. His music is just bad to me. As a DJ he seems OK. Saw him perform with boys Noize.

Not like that classic skream and benga dub step though

Let me just say, the "Goodbye To A World" remix you and Deimos did is like my favorite thing ever.

Thanks dude! I forget if I mentioned this in the porter thread but eventually when we have time to set aside from other projects we wanna work together on remixing all of Worlds.