PO: Cult Of Luna - Salvation 08/04 & Somewhere Along The Highway 11/03

Managed to get all the colours on this to go with my OG presses  :P

Hopefully there'll be an Eternal Kingdom re-release too at some point (I think that's my fav) as that was the last Earache release of their's and is really hard/expensive to get hold of

exactly! I have true OG Highway but its my favorite so i will get these also.

I've just tried to checkout for them in both shops and it ended with the same final price.

The actual price for one copy in the EU shop is 32.49€ and not 38.99€ as shown.

EU:7XcpFZo.jpg

US:ZH0CWdw.jpg

:huh::blink: ???

EDIT: I mean, I know that 38.99 is including VAT and 32.49 is not including but shown like that doesn't makes much sense.. anyway

Makes sense to me. The US store deducted 20% VAT for US purchasers since they aren't required to pay it. If you live in Europe and order from the US, they re-apply the VAT so it is equivalent to just buying it from the EU store. All the records are coming from Europe regardless of which store you buy it from.

what i am getting at is these albums to me are something i have been waiting for for years, I never wanted to spend 100+ per album, and they also NEVER are even available for sale. So these I will pay a premium for because these records are the only ones i have always been searching for. So 90$ for both shipped from the UK is not the worst when I am comparing it to spending over 200+ for the other options. If thats moronic then I am a moron.

Sorry, it sounded more like a general argument. Something like "because of the price on the after-market, $90 are cheap for the reissues"...which is not. These prices for 2xLPs are getting more and more ridiculous...a pity

• 1 month later...

Earache have done a second press of the the reissues (!)

500 on clear for both Salvation and Highway...

Will be avialable sometime after the april reissues.

I think it will be pressed at the same time, common practice, they study the market during pre-order and do another colour.

I think it will be pressed at the same time, common practice, they study the market during pre-order and do another colour.

From Phil at Earache

"They're going to be a little later than the rest of them because it's the second pressing though. I'm just waiting for a definite delivery date before properly promoting the clear vinyl."

​I don't think these will get to Amazon to be honest. CoL vinyl sells well so I'd imagine that these will sell out via the Earache website(s).

I have a feeling that there'll be a Eternal Kingdom repress and a Fire Was Born press at some point too   :) be stupid not to.

Bummed I found out about these late, but just ordered the clear Salvation!

I was always thinking how dumb it was for them not to repress this, that it would most definitely sell out. I can't fucking wait; so many times I was close to pulling the trigger on an OG Salvation. I have an OG SATH that I paid $60 for, and I'm happy with that. I might spring for the new one at some point to get the new liner notes and all that. I love reading that stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

I got my white and gold Salvation and Highway records today, they are beautiful! Highway especially, the gold foil makes total sense with the theme and the booklet is really nicely done. I'm bummed that Salvation doesn't have a booklet, just a basic insert. Maybe they didn't have anything from that period but it would have been cool to see some additional photography.

I'm so anxious and excited for these and the new album that today when it wasn't here I actually almost had a breakdown from dissapointment. I just sat there in silence..... I think I need help because now I don't know what to listen to tonight. Oh and also their purple variant of mariner is now available online. That album is fucking amazing

I gotta check out Mariner again and see how I feel.

But man, hearing "Salvation" on vinyl is like listening to the album for the first time all over again. There are SO many things I heard and picked up on in the mix that I never noticed before, it was incredible. It's like a whole new album.

Going to break into the SATH repress today probably :)