10606041_10101796975523817_1640154357333

okay, so i decided to try something here and do a raffle for this Jawbreaker painting i made. it's 24" x 18" and done with acrylic paints on a canvas in 2010.

there's only one in the world. obviously it was inspired by 24 Hour Revenge Therapy. if you want this bad boy, i'd love for you to have it. it kills me that i can't find a place for it in my house.

here's how the raffle will work:

all tickets must be bought via PayPal by sending the money to [email protected] as a gift.

1 ticket = $5
3 tickets = $10
5 tickets = $15
10 tickets = $20   (<--- this has been the most popular option so far)
15 tickets = $25
20 tickets = $30
25 tickets = $35

as a gift, send the amount that correlates to the number of tickets you wish to purchase, and in the notes section write "jawbreaker painting raffle". i'll reply with an e-mail letting you know what raffle ticket numbers are yours within 24 hours. if you're not comfortable sending the money as a gift, please add $2 (no matter how many/how few tickets you are buying) to cover paypal fees.

i made a spreadsheet on my computer and i've been keeping track of everybody's ticket numbers so i can easily find and contact the winner when they are picked. because if there's one thing i love, it's making spreadsheets.

the date the winner will be picked is Saturday, January 23. i will make a post with a picture of the winning ticket, and follow up personally with the winner in case they don't happen to see the post for some reason.

if the winner is located within 50 miles of Chicago, i will make arrangements to personally deliver it to you. if you live outside that radius, i will ship it on my own dime.

i have shipped paintings all over the US and to the UK before that were all delivered unharmed, so please don't let the fact that you live in California or something be a deterrent to you if you're interested in owning this.

all proceeds will go toward funding the next Artistic Integrity Records releases, of which there are already a few planned.

if you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch either here or by e-mailing [email protected] and i'll do my best to answer anything you've got.

here are some more detailed pictures of the painting:

7470_10101796988747317_82175792305347600

1933815_10101796988787237_82756793303147

1010721_10101796988822167_43270357939727

12341575_10101796988862087_3139207374247

by the way, I literally am using an old roll of raffle tickets for this, not some online random number generator. so if you've purchased some and I sent you your numbers, they weren't just some bogus numbers. I actually counted out your tickets and let you know which ones are yours.

10527475_10101799109791727_8808946678000

i don't know if VC has ever had a sales thread like this before, so if it's frowned upon or violates any rules or anything, sorry about that and the mods can feel free to take it down.

IT'S LITERALLY IN THE THREAD RIGHT ABOVE YOURS.

Raffles

Under no circumstances will we allow users to host or conduct raffles on the boards. Users should note that all raffles will be locked/deleted, thereby limiting your contact with said 'host'. In other words; raffles are against the rules, don't give your money away. Posting an external link to a raffle hosted by a reputable website or charity may be tolerable given the context appears legitimate. This will be at the discretion of the staff.

ah, so it is. must have missed it among the 9 pinned posts.

here's a link to an outside website that hopefully the mods will find reputable:

https://www.facebook.com/artisticintegrityrecords/posts/1098393896860070

also, your caps lock is on.

A raffle... for a painting YOU made? OMG, a one of a kind piece or crap! It's /1, everyone on here better pay this dude money for a chance to win his super rare, one of a kind in the world painting his submitted for his 8th grade art fair. Bonus: comes with the certificate of participation award he won when the painting was featured in a display in his local mall.

Can we have a raffle where the winner gets to punch you in the face? I'll go in on that.

If you can't find a place in your house to hang your own piece of crap painting I suggest a dumpster. It would be a great addition.

A raffle... for a painting YOU made? OMG, a one of a kind piece or crap! It's /1, everyone on here better pay this dude money for a chance to win his super rare, one of a kind in the world painting his submitted for his 8th grade art fair. Bonus: comes with the certificate of participation award he won when the painting was featured in a display in his local mall.

Can we have a raffle where the winner gets to punch you in the face? I'll go in on that.

If you can't find a place in your house to hang your own piece of crap painting I suggest a dumpster. It would be a great addition.

I laughed so hard at this..in a good way.

Jesus guys, dont be so rude and inconsiderate. Art is art. Out of anyone who browses the internet, I thought yall would understand that. Its creative and original. Appreciate the art, after all, music is art too. If you dont like the painting or dont want to participate, then dont comment, just continue onward. I am not saying the artist isnt breaking the rules by doing a raffle, and I am not saying he is, that is up to the moderators. However, he took time and care making the painting, you can see it by the quality of the painting (no empty spots or streak marks). Just enjoy the painting or move on, no need to be mean. :)

Jesus guys, dont be so rude and inconsiderate. Art is art. Out of anyone who browses the internet, I thought yall would understand that. Its creative and original. Appreciate the art, after all, music is art too. If you dont like the painting or dont want to participate, then dont comment, just continue onward. I am not saying the artist isnt breaking the rules by doing a raffle, and I am not saying he is, that is up to the moderators. However, he took time and care making the painting, you can see it by the quality of the painting (no empty spots or streak marks). Just enjoy the painting or move on, no need to be mean. :)

Great sixth post. Might I suggest you go make a new thread about a late secret Santa or maybe one asking questions about payment.

Oh wait.

Says the kid who has 6 posts, most of which were unnecessary threads about payments and fucking secret Santa in January, since you don't know how to read FAQs or pinned threads. So funny you out of all people would stick up for Picasso here.

Sorry for being rude. Now kindly blow it out your ass. Also, I'm down for your secret santa, only catch is I want to be paired with you so I can send you a box of dog shit. No, wait, better yet I'll just send you your bestie's shit excuse of a painting.

Haha, "most of which were unnecessary threads about payments and fucking secret Santa in January", dont you mean two of my posts? Calm down there bud. I want to hear more of your fine roasting. Continue on.

Don't you dare be snippy with Dave Grohl, you weren't even alive when the colour and the shape came out

Dan is a good dude. I am not in favor of raffles but this guy by no means deserves to be shit on by a bunch of bullshit wanna-be emo thugs. He's done more for his local scene, giving space and time to bands, and charity than the vast majority of the people on this board.

Dan is a good dude. I am not in favor of raffles but this guy by no means deserves to be shit on by a bunch of bullshit wanna-be emo thugs. He's done more for his local scene, giving space and time to bands, and charity than the vast majority of the people on this board.

This is a good point, why is Dave Grohl so mad? and thebilljim - haven't you only been on VC like a month. Lol @ schooling Dan