PO: Explosions In The Sky - The Wilderness

Xsjado

18 minutes ago, mesi said:

Care to share your thoughts about the show? Thanks!

I've seen them numerous times before, but this show was great! They were given a generous set time at dusk with the sun setting and a lengthy allotment of an hour and twenty minutes, so they got to play pretty much their regular setlist.

The new songs sounded good and blended well into the set. I'm sure anyone seeing them on the rest of the tour will enjoy it.

18 minutes ago, mesi said:

Care to share your thoughts about the show? Thanks!

I've seen them numerous times before, but this show was great! They were given a generous set time at dusk with the sun setting and a lengthy allotment of an hour and twenty minutes, so they got to play pretty much their regular setlist.

The new songs sounded good and blended well into the set. I'm sure anyone seeing them on the rest of the tour will enjoy it.

2 hours ago, voltagedrop said:

Thanks, still debating if I should go to the local show, but this sounds too good to skip.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Love the band but they seem to be having trouble selling tickets for their tour this time around.  (Their first time through L.A. on this year was a hot hot ticket:  bands have to accept they can't come through a second or even third and fourth time on the same tour and expect the same strong response.)

Their show in Santa Barbara was cancelled today.  I'm sure it was for poor ticket sales.  Hundreds of tickets available for each of their other California shows.

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, glass realms said:

For anybody going to the upcoming US shows, they still have the tour variant of The Wilderness at the Merch table.

Was is just sitting out on the merch table? Or did you have to specifically ask for one?

As I recall, you had to know to verbally request the tour variant to purchase one. When I saw them that was the case (easily 6+ months ago) - they were not on display and had to request if they had anymore, which they did. Is it possible that so few people know to ask that it's still kicking around?

Or they could have long sold out and repressed it many times over to capitalize on the demand. It does literally say it's limited to 1000 on the hype sticker on it though. You'd think they'd just press another variant...

The tour variant was on display but it was (at least at this show) behind the table, hanging alongside the t-shirts, so you couldn't read the hype sticker. Fortunately, I recognized it from the copy I bought previously.

I didn't specifically ask for it. The lady selling merch just grabbed a copy from the pile of 20 or so. I'm guessing that on the first leg of the tour, if you wanted the tour variant, you had to ask for it. But seeing as this is the second (?) leg of the US tour, most people probably already have a copy of the album and the band just want to get rid of them now.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw these guys last night in Milwaukee. They still have the tour variant of the new album for $25.

Also, second time seeing them, first time being the last time they came through Milwaukee, 9 YEARS AGO, and they were just as great as I remember. Their light show is pretty great too. What a treat.