PO: Mogwai - Atomic (A Soundtrack by Mogwai)

1 hour ago, zdkaiser said:

Giant seam splits on mine as well. And yes, this variant looks nothing like the mock ups. Disc 1 is kind of nice looking, an orange inside of red. Disc 2 though, is probably the ugliest record I've ever seen. It looks like those opaque multi color LPs from the early days of vinyl. Like a bunch of melted crayons mashed together. 

Pics or it didn't happen

Almost all the way through this and it's quite good!  I think it would appeal to a lot of Mogwai fans who were put off by the sonic shift they made with Hardcore.  I get a lot of older Mogwai from this, but slower and more atmospheric.  One song seems pretty synth heavy, but that's about it.  My second disc looks real ugly too, although I don't care that much.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me how to recognize the orange variable from the black in the original sealed state?  Two stores near me have this for sale: one store has written "orange" on the price sticker and is charging twice as much, but both items seem to be identical with identical stickers on the cover and identical barcodes?   Thanks!  

12 minutes ago, jackshidt said:

Can anyone tell me how to recognize the orange variable from the black in the original sealed state?  Two stores near me have this for sale: one store has written "orange" on the price sticker and is charging twice as much, but both items seem to be identical with identical stickers on the cover and identical barcodes?   Thanks!  

If it's the UK version, it has a sticker on the front with a different catalog number saying that it's orange.

According to Discogs, there doesn't seem to be a difference in the US versions, but I don't think the orange one was sold outside of the TR webstore.

The simple way of doing it is to buy it, open it on the spot and if it's not orange, get your money back.

1 hour ago, ephemeral said:

I'm kinda disappointed that my copy the hole in the middle of the record on A/B isn't big enough and won't fit on my player 

Put a scissor blade in there and spin it around once or twice.  Check to see if it fits and go from there.  I occasionally have an LP that's real tight on my spindle and that's how I address it.  Might be a better way to do it, but that's always worked for me.

58 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Put a scissor blade in there and spin it around once or twice.  Check to see if it fits and go from there.  I occasionally have an LP that's real tight on my spindle and that's how I address it.  Might be a better way to do it, but that's always worked for me.

I can certainly give that a go. I've got a few that are like that and never wanna risk it getting stuck or something on the player.

• 3 months later...