The Weezer Thread

EWBAITE was great.  Of the new songs I can't stand "Thank God For Girls", but "Do You Wanna Get High" is great and very Pinkerton-ish.

So the new rumored White LP could still go either way for me.

And to anyone who says they haven't been good any 20 years, fine you don't like the band move on.  They have too.  I would hate for any band to sound the same after 20 years.  Has Weezer made clunkers, hell yeah ( I would be happy to never hear Beverly Hills again), but they have also made great new songs.  Maybe the band has changed over time, maybe you have, maybe we all have.  And it's ok to like different things, just no need to smear shit on anything you don't like.

The last Weezer record was a lot of fun.  I saw their subsequent tour where they played the album from beginning to end and it was my favorite show of the last few years.  They might never make another record that sounds like one cohesive album like Pinkerton or Maladroit again but they've proven they can make a fun, scattered album with crunchy guitars if they put the extra effort in.

The blue album, the green album, and nothing else. Bladie is corrrrect.

I think you mean Blue and Pinkerton...Green was alright though.

In response to Ben, I think people just get their hopes up each new album that it's going to be something they enjoy. I don't necessarily want another Pinkerton (I mean...I do, but...) if they put out something in a different style that has some merit, I'll enjoy it.

The sound production on Maladroit feels cohesive to me.  They all seem from that time period and the singles don't feel like they were plucked from a completely different album.  On their last record, every song has a different feel and concept for the most part which is why I would call Maladroit cohesive in comparison.

I think you mean Blue and Pinkerton...Green was alright though.

In response to Ben, I think people just get their hopes up each new album that it's going to be something they enjoy. I don't necessarily want another Pinkerton (I mean...I do, but...) if they put out something in a different style that has some merit, I'll enjoy it.

I can't get into Pinkerton. I just like the songs on the Green Album a whole lot. It was the first I heard, so I went back to blue and worked my up. I've listened to everything up to that atrocious Beverly Hills.

I can't get into Pinkerton. I just like the songs on the Green Album a whole lot. It was the first I heard, so I went back to blue and worked my up. I've listened to everything up to that atrocious Beverly Hills.

This is a strange opinion, but I can respect it.