The Weezer Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Jettkoral said:

Announcement of a new album Thursday? Hopefully the Black Album announcement. Hoping to be quick if they do something like the tri-colored White Album again.

I saw the tweet from Feb about finishing album #2 with Scott but didn't see anything about something Thursday??? Also, super stoked if this is true

13 minutes ago, Jettkoral said:

Announcement of a new album Thursday? Hopefully the Black Album announcement. Hoping to be quick if they do something like the tri-colored White Album again.

My first thought was a new single but not sure if they'd announce the album so soon. They didn't formally announce White until a few months after TGFG right? We shall see. This times is fairly common knowledge they're working on Black and that some of that art matches.

I'm also skeptical they'll do a limited vinyl release again but that would be sweet, so here's to hoping. How did they announce the tri-color last time? To fan club members first or just on their mailing list/FB?

Edited by lethalenforcer

Checking in here. Have Blue (2002 RE), Pinkerton (2002 RE), and Red (2008 Red Vinyl pressing). For some reason, I skipped Green, so would be curious about adding that one to the collection if the quality of the more recent pressings is up to snuff. Same with Maladroit.

But beyond those albums? Can't say I've listened to much since, but couldn't really get into what I heard. I'm not the only early-Weez fan here, am I?

1 minute ago, neo_styles said:

But beyond those albums? Can't say I've listened to much since, but couldn't really get into what I heard. I'm not the only early-Weez fan here, am I?

I'd imagine you're in the majority. I personally have massive soft spots for Green and Maladroit. They lost me after that (Red had a moment or two) but the last two albums have pleasantly made me appreciate Weezer again. Hopeful they can make it three in a row.

2 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I'd imagine you're in the majority. I personally have massive soft spots for Green and Maladroit. They lost me after that (Red had a moment or two) but the last two albums have pleasantly made me appreciate Weezer again. Hopeful they can make it three in a row.

See, I'm sure I'll find myself at a point where I can get into it all again. I still have no idea how I ended up with Red, too. Must have been a group-haul at one of my earlier RSDs and I don't think I've even played it lol.

We used to jam out to Blue before every show we did back in HS as a sort of ritual, but I was definitely more a softie for Pinkerton/Maladroit. I think the lyrical content just resonates with me more.

13 minutes ago, neo_styles said:

See, I'm sure I'll find myself at a point where I can get into it all again. I still have no idea how I ended up with Red, too. Must have been a group-haul at one of my earlier RSDs and I don't think I've even played it lol.

We used to jam out to Blue before every show we did back in HS as a sort of ritual, but I was definitely more a softie for Pinkerton/Maladroit. I think the lyrical content just resonates with me more.

EWBAITE and White are definitely worth your time, like he said. Looking forward to Black, or whatever the project ends up being.

10 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

My first thought was a new single but not sure if they'd announce the album so soon. They didn't formally announce White until a few months after TGFG right? We shall see. This times is fairly common knowledge they're working on Black and that some of that art matches.

I'm also skeptical they'll do a limited vinyl release again but that would be sweet, so here's to hoping. How did they announce the tri-color last time? To fan club members first or just on their mailing list/FB?

Again - what was said about Thursday????

Image result for taking crazy pills gif

They posted stuff all over their social media accounts. Just a song snippet, potential title, and date (Thursday US, Friday ROW).

Oh. Idk how I missed that tweet. Thanks man. 

I think I remember Rivers saying that this other album would be super different, meaning much different from White...which IMO is not necessarily a good thing. Hoping for the best though..

2 minutes ago, ethanpricington said:

I think I remember Rivers saying that this other album would be super different, meaning much different from White...which IMO is not necessarily a good thing. Hoping for the best though..

It makes sense for him to follow White with a much different album, especially if they're releasing it so soon after. I'm looking forward to seeing what he tries to do. Whether or not it'll actually be good (or another Raditude) is a different question.

It makes sense for him to follow White with a much different album, especially if they're releasing it so soon after. I'm looking forward to seeing what he tries to do. Whether or not it'll actually be good (or another Raditude) is a different question.

Agreed. 

I think for some reason I compare White to Blue album in its catchy yet old school Weezer-crunch sound. And we all know what they followed-up Blue with. So if we get another dark/twisted, yet raw Weezer album I'd be happy. Just have feeling it will be even more experimental than anything before. If only it were Thursday

Although I really like both, I think Everything Will Be Alright in the End is more interesting than White.

It showed that there was a new way for Weezer to write good/fun songs that weren't attempts to 'sound like old Weezer'. At the time, I thought that EWBAITE would be the first LP in a new Weezer renaissance that was marked by Rivers writing whatever songs he wants and genres he wants but with smarter, practical choices and less cringe-worthy moments.

The album ended up being the first LP in a new Weezer renaissance but it's a less interesting one than I originally thought it would be. Based on the White album and some of it's b-sides, he is still writing really bad/cringe-worthy songs while trying to recreate the mid-90s magic but he's being more discriminate with track selection. That means we've gotten two pretty solid records but, because the songwriting process seems to be the same as it was during the dark times, there is still a realistic chance that he drops another Raditude if/when they lose focus.

Edited by richardsurf