VC Round-Up // EU Group Buy [3 - Meniscus?]

On 6/24/2017 at 2:45 AM, Derek™ said:

blank post because I can't tag you for some reason

Okay guys, it's official - A Thousand Arms will be handling it!  I just heard back from Wout.  I'm going to give everybody until the end of the day, but if you want ANYTHING ELSE like We Lost The Sea, now is the time to let me know!  I figured I'd give everybody until this evening to make some last minute additions, if some of you wish to change your mind. 

EDIT:  So, there are 10 copies of Refractions coming over on purple.  If any of you change your mind, there will be a small window where I can reserve one of them for you before CJ puts them up in the webshop.  Also, if anybody wants Sleepmakeswaves, Terraformer or ANYTHING ELSE from Dunk, we can do that.  Go team!

EDIT:  From CJ:  "Just let everyone know we will do our best to adhere to our normal pricing scheme of $30 for 2xLPs and $20 for LPs.  Max shipping $6 per order.  Vinyl Collective discount of 10% per order."

As far as billing, I'm going to need your email addresses.  CJ says it works best for them to have all orders routed through the A1K webshop, so what he plans on doing is sending out a mass email to all of us here when the vinyl ships in, so that we can coordinate a time where everybody gets what they requested from here.  I suppose just shoot me a PM, and I'll collect them all.   Sorry if this post is a mess!  Any questions, just ask!

@drds89, @cantdance, @stillused, @omik11303

Quote:  Hi Greg, I just spoke to CJ and he'll handle the order for you. It's gonna be safer and cheaper ;). Let him know what you need asap and he'll backorder the vinyl with me. Thanks in advance Greg!

Edited by Gumbo72203

4 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Okay guys, it's official - A Thousand Arms will be handling it!  I just heard back from Wout.  I'm going to give everybody until the end of the day, but if you want ANYTHING ELSE like We Lost The Sea, now is the time to let me know!  I figured I'd give everybody until this evening to make some last minute additions, if some of you wish to change your mind. 

EDIT:  So, there are 10 copies of Refractions coming over on purple.  If any of you change your mind, there will be a small window where I can reserve one of them for you before CJ puts them up in the webshop.  Also, if anybody wants Sleepmakeswaves, Terraformer or ANYTHING ELSE from Dunk, we can do that.  Go team!

EDIT:  From CJ:  "Just let everyone know we will do our best to adhere to our normal pricing scheme of $30 for 2xLPs and $20 for LPs.  Max shipping $6 per order.  Vinyl Collective discount of 10% per order."

As far as billing, I'm going to need your email addresses.  CJ says it works best for them to have all orders routed through the A1K webshop, so what he plans on doing is sending out a mass email to all of us here when the vinyl ships in, so that we can coordinate a time where everybody gets what they requested from here.  I suppose just shoot me a PM, and I'll collect them all.   Sorry if this post is a mess!  Any questions, just ask!

@drds89, @cantdance, @stillused, @omik11303

Quote:  Hi Greg, I just spoke to CJ and he'll handle the order for you. It's gonna be safer and cheaper ;). Let him know what you need asap and he'll backorder the vinyl with me. Thanks in advance Greg!

Is it to late to get in on this? 

2 hours ago, MayCauseDeath said:

Is it to late to get in on this? 

Edit:  Dealt with via PM. 

Everybody else:  Final reminder, we can get anything you want from Dunk.  I have a few things I have to do this evening, so when I get home around 10:30-11PM EST I will give CJ the final tally, so you all have a few hours to decide!

Anybody on the fence about Refractions - purple and War of Currents, there are 2 spots of each left open as of right now; CJ is ordering 10 purple Refractions and 6 War of Currents.  We can increase those if we need to, but I just want to give a heads up to everybody.  CJ is also getting a variety of other stuff including We Lost The Sea, Terraformer, Sleepmakeswaves, and Malammar so if there is anything specific you guys would like in addition, please let me know by 11pm EST and it shall be reserved and added to the order.

Again, please send me your email addresses.  We will be updating everybody when the shipment lands at A1K headquarters and proceed from there.  All orders will be handled through A1K; I will update everybody on the process.  It is easier for them to have all orders routed through the A1K webshop, so we'll probably just pick a time that works for everybody when we can put the content live, or perhaps create special links to give out to you guys. 

To reiterate, prices will be kept as close to the $30/2xLP and $20/LP price point, with a $6 maximum shipping charge.  VC members also receive a 10% discount.  Speak now, or forever troll Discogs. 

Edited by Gumbo72203

14 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

So, I know we're all committed here to the Meniscus thing, but Kapitan Platte is having a 20% off July sale....  and I kind of want to get the rest of Ef's full-lengths.  Would that be financially doable with any of you?

Dammit gumbo...I really want all that Ef stuff too. 

On 7/5/2017 at 2:20 PM, The Butcha said:

Maaaybbee. Give me a roundabout cost and I'll consider it. Going on vacation this weekend so I'm kinda pressed for cash at the moment. 

I'll run some numbers when I get a chance.  Also, happy birthday guy. 

EDIT:  Dunk vinyl has landed at A1K HQ!  I just fired off an email to CJ with everybody's email (except @cantdance) so you should be hearing from him sometime soon!

Edited by Gumbo72203

Received my Meniscus albums today, which means that literally everyone else should have them by now.  Despite a concerning gash on the mailer, they arrived in flawless shaped and I'm really pleased.  Just wanted to thank Gumbo for doing all the legwork and communication to make the group-buy possible, and of course a massive thanks to everyone over at Thousand Arms for setting up the stock and shipping them out immediately.  Couldn't have gone smoother on my end.

29 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Received my Meniscus albums today, which means that literally everyone else should have them by now.  Despite a concerning gash on the mailer, they arrived in flawless shaped and I'm really pleased.  Just wanted to thank Gumbo for doing all the legwork and communication to make the group-buy possible, and of course a massive thanks to everyone over at Thousand Arms for setting up the stock and shipping them out immediately.  Couldn't have gone smoother on my end.

Good to hear!  I was curious if anybody had gotten them yet....  not a word from anybody since the email went out haha.  I took a couple days to get mine ordered, but they should be here maybe even tomorrow. 

Glad it went smoothly for you!  CJ is the man.  Dude runs a tight ship, and is totally on top of everything. 

16 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Good to hear!  I was curious if anybody had gotten them yet....  not a word from anybody since the email went out haha.  I took a couple days to get mine ordered, but they should be here maybe even tomorrow. 

Glad it went smoothly for you!  CJ is the man.  Dude runs a tight ship, and is totally on top of everything. 

I got mine yesterday and already spun through terraformer and meniscus - war of currents. So good. Gumbo thanks again dude. 

On 7/15/2017 at 3:27 PM, MayCauseDeath said:

I got mine yesterday and already spun through terraformer and meniscus - war of currents. So good. Gumbo thanks again dude. 

How is that Terraformer?  I kinda regret not getting that but I just don't have the funds right now.  They were one of the biggest surprises at Dunk.... their live sound is **SO** good.  It was just this big, thick gooey wet wall of overdriven guitars and it was just so perfect.  They were always just fine for me on record... but man, live...  incredible.  I really hope I get to see them again because they sounded so great. 

I'm glad you guys are all satisfied though!  CJ does great work.  My package just came today, I won't have time to spin until tonight. 

Spinning my "Refractions" now!  All the records look great.. the packaging is pretty stellar.  I wish this was mastered a little bit louder though, and my Side A was noisier than I would have liked, but I'm on Side B and blasting "Overhang" and life is good right now.  This song is so amazing.  Can't wait to get into War of Currents. 

Edit:  the wonder of vinyl rears it's head again.... I just picked out a keyboard melody line during the bridge/last big peak of "Overhang" that I definitely never heard before.  It's buried in the mix a bit, but it's there.  Damn.  That was cool.  On to Side C now and damn....  "Daturas" sounds freaking great.  Great stuff here man.  Really great. 

Edited by Gumbo72203