VC Round-Up // EU Group Buy [3 - Meniscus?]

I don't know if you guys would be into it, but Silent Whale Becomes A Dream - Canopy would be a huge plus in my book.  My favorite track is "Panacea" from that album.

https://silentwhale.bandcamp.com/album/canopy

That, or we can wait for the vinyl pressing of the new Show Me A Dinosaur album.  I think "Lights" is my favorite track from this.  

https://showmeadinosaur.bandcamp.com/album/show-me-a-dinosaur

5 minutes ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I don't know if you guys would be into it, but Silent Whale Becomes A Dream - Canopy would be a huge plus in my book.  My favorite track is "Panacea" from that album.

https://silentwhale.bandcamp.com/album/canopy

Don, Evan, I, and one other person already did this like a year and a half ago.

On 8/27/2016 at 4:29 PM, Dave Grohl said:

Gumbo, do your homework before suggesting group buys (pricing, label, history, etc.). Please.

You killed my confidence with multiple group buys that were a more expensive option, when the whole point is to save money.

I've been assured that future releases from Elusive Sound will be cheaper, as they are not going crazy on the packaging like they did for the one variant of the Glasir EP, which we did save a lot of money on; I think it ended up being around $10 cheaper.  Not everybody wanted to go for the crazy variant, and that's okay.  What other instance would you be referring to?  

On 8/27/2016 at 9:56 PM, abovetheearth said:

I didn't get enough for Lost In Kiev, so that one died as well 

I really need to hear one more song from that album before I buy it.  They're a band that I should love, but I just don't.  I've tried and tried, and all the elements are there in their sound, but the songs just end up seeming lifeless to me :\

14 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I've been assured that future releases from Elusive Sound will be cheaper, as they are not going crazy on the packaging like they did for the one variant of the Glasir EP, which we did save a lot of money on; I think it ended up being around $10 cheaper.  Not everybody wanted to go for the crazy variant, and that's okay.  What other instance would you be referring to? 

Well, to do a group buy of a record in EU that costs 200%+ when we could order it locally for cheap because they are a US band is kind of ridiculous. Ya know? I'm not speaking for everyone, but most people, at least in the group buy, aren't into paying a lot for this super special limited edition. They'll take the limited if it's a little more, or the same, but double the costs is insane. Especially for a band with one album. It might have been $10 cheaper to group buy it, but what doesn't mean it was still the cheapest option. I shopped about 4 of 5 sources for the Toundra buy. Just don't go with the first one you find. Especially if it's a band that's been around a while.

Also, Spurv comes to mind. You kept trying to get everyone to do a group buy when you were replied to on multiple occasions of where you could get it yourself for cheaper.

Just, just do your homework. Spend your money smarter. I'm sure you work hard for it. Don't throw it away, bud. That's all I'm saying.

Confirmed that prices are 24.99euro for the deluxe /100 variant, and 19.99euro for the /150 regular variant.  Also, note that those ARE NOT MOCK-UPS.  Those are pictures of the ACTUAL records.

I've got 4 people so far for a group-buy, if any of you guys also want in on this!  The more people, the better!  We're up to 6 total records.  

Edited by Gumbo72203