PO Now: British Theatre - Mastery (Oceansize, Vennart)[PledgeMusic]

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/british-theatre-debut-album

This is from the Vennart Pledge Music page. Looks like the British Theatre record will be coming soon!

BRITISH THEATRE LAUNCH & EXCLUSIVE DEMO TRACK

Well hello

Yes this thing still works. There is no escape.

A couple of things – THANKS for making The Demon Joke such a fun time for all of us here. As a token of our appreciation, please accept an exclusive non-album track. It’s a song from a couple of years ago that never made it past the demo stage. I think it came from a bunch of songs I wrote when the Infatuator pedal landed. It sure sounds like it. Play it loud.

But the main reason i’m bugging you is this: In the very near future we’ll be launching a Pledge campaign for the long-awaited British Theatre album.

British Theatre is the ‘band’ I formed with Gambler post-Oceansize. This is a very special record to me. It’s unlike anything I’ve ever done before and Gambler and myself can’t wait for you to hear it. It’s very much the Yin to ‘The Demon Joke’s Yang.

British Theatre debut album PledgeMusic launch -

26th January 2016!

Greetings earthlings,

It's Mike Vennart here. I'm calling you because you have unwittingly given me your email address over the course of my previous antics - Oceansize, Vennart, British Theatre etc….

I hope you don't mind. I hope you're coping well in this cold, post-Bowie world.

I just wanted to let you know we're finally putting out the long-awaited first British Theatre album.

British Theatre is myself and Richard A Ingram, he of similar Oceansize/Biffy Clyro persuasion.

It's taken a while. But now we're ready.

I love this album. I hope you will too.

We'll be launching a Pledge campaign for the album on Tuesday 26th January, but in the meantime we wanted you special folk to have a couple of tunes on us. These two you might've already heard. They're on the album, but will be sufficiently re-polished by the time the album drops. Go to http://bit.ly/BTfreetracksor click on the button at the bottom of this message.

The record is being mixed by Dan Austin, he of ‘Everyone Into Position' fame.

I can't wait to finally let go of this record. Some of it's been sat around, all abandoned, for 5 years.

With love,

Mike

I'm still watching the time count down for my cart.  I figure they'll do a similar thing that Mike did with the solo record.  The Pledge version is different from the InsideOut version.  It'll probably lose the x-ray stuff, but I wouldn't be opposed if it cut the price in half.

I'm trying to remember when the Inside Out version dropped for the Demon Joke?

Over $70 for the LP to Australia - ouch! I will pay that for how rad the x ray version sounds but if it turns out the retail is the same and is on Amazon for half the price I will cry. Anyone heard the new track?

*Update* OK so turns out there is no retail version and the pledge vinyl is ONLY pressing of this album. No plans for a repress. If you want it, you better not stuff around.

Just grabbed it and checked out the new track. Shit it's goooood.

*Update* OK so turns out there is no retail version and the pledge vinyl is ONLY pressing of this album. No plans for a repress. If you want it, you better not stuff around.

Where'd you hear that?

I mean, we've got 90 days to preorder, but if there's definitely not a retail version, I'll be paying the $50.

Where'd you hear that?

I mean, we've got 90 days to preorder, but if there's definitely not a retail version, I'll be paying the $50.

I sent a tweet to Vennart asking if the pledge vinyl packaging was exclusive to the pledge or if it would be the same for retail and that was his response. 'This is IT' to be precise. Hearing the new track 'Newman', the production sounds insane...should sound amazing at 45rpm.