New-Noise-Falcon-flexi-2016.jpg

http://newnoisemagazine.com/were-launching-our-flexi-collection-with-the-falcon/

I don't know how much interest there is, but I subscribed solely for the Falcon flexi. I'm sure the magazine is cool too. I dunno. We'll see how it goes. Link above for any other suckers like me.

8 issues/flexis for $18, I'll give this a shot.

That's what I figured, and some of their previous cover-featured artists are pretty respectable/ awesome. Worst case, I get 1-2 flexis I care about and others I can sell cheaply to the boardmembers who care. (Bonus: I get to read magazines like I used to 15+ years ago. win-win for the nostalgia train. Choo-choo.)

Should probably do this cuz the Falcon

Yeah. I would do stupid things for the Falcon (the goddamn voltron of an obscure subculture). 

Plus, there will likely be some other cool bands in the series. I mean, I ordered an Off With Their Heads picture disc to get Off WIth Their Heads covering Laura Jane Grace on a flexi. (Then PEARS for the next flexi, but that was less dumb because PEARS).

• 1 month later...

Mine arrived today, unplayable due to bends. Is it common practice to ship flexis like this? Sent them an email, I'll even repurchase if it means they send it in a mailer instead of loose inside of the plastic that covers the magazine.

That's a major bummer. Hopefully, they'll help you out. Mine arrived flat, but it was definitely loose in the polybag.