Mine arrived today, unplayable due to bends. Is it common practice to ship flexis like this? Sent them an email, I'll even repurchase if it means they send it in a mailer instead of loose inside of the plastic that covers the magazine.

That's definitely a bummer. I think traditionally they're inside the magazine, so they can still bend, but I would imagine that would avoid super dings like that. Whenever I would get video game magazines that had PS2 demos back in the day, the game discs were always inside the magazine if I remember right.

I think Mondo is doing a batman/superman flexi for an entertainment magazine this week, so it'll be interesting to see if that gets handled the same way.  

I saw that today, so sick!
Also to update anyone who also had the same issue with me I got this response from NNM almost immediately when I sent an email:

ugh!! yeah, as soon as i got this issue from the printer I called and said 'these have to be inserted inside the issue!' And i also am now having the flexi plant send me a stack of 20 to have on hand for incidentals ;) 

shoot me your address and I'll get that replaced asap for you!

Lisa Root
Editor
New Noise Magazine
PO Box 5915
Berkeley, CA 94705

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I subscribed at the end of February and for some reason I didn't get the Falcon issue at all. I emailed asking why it was taking so long, and they told my first issue was PEARS and it was already sent out. So I had to order a Falcon issue seperately. Kinda ticked about that, but oh well.

You were able to get the flexi though? That's also kind of a bummer since it was supposed to be a subscriber exclusive. Would've just bought the specific ones I wanted.

As far as I know, yeah. They linked me to it in an email when I asked if the flexi was still available. I haven't received it yet though.