PO: Clutch - Elephant Riders

yea, I'll be getting this but Let Them Eat Vinyl seems less than legit. Hopefully it sounds good. I have been underwhelmed w/ Weathermaker's own vinyl pressings so I doubt it could be much worse anyway. It will be digitally sourced undoubtedly. But I've seen where people seem to think LTEV puts out high quality, if dubious legality, stuff. 

I read an interview from about two years ago saying that the process had been started on making a vinyl pressing of The Elephant Riders. 

Here's the link for the full interview:

http://www.thevinyldistrict.com/storefront/2014/01/neil-fallon-clutch-tvd-interview/

Here's the important excerpt:

Do you have any plans on releasing the rest of Clutch’s back catalog on vinyl?

We’re talking about it. It’s difficult because a lot of that stuff is on Columbia and Atlantic.

The albums that haven’t moved over to Weathermaker?

Those albums will never get moved over to Weathermaker. At least, not while I’m on this earth. [laughs] Maybe my grandchildren will see that, but…we actually are talking to them about very slowly and very carefully getting those out on vinyl, cause it’s…for them, pressing up 3,000 Elephant Riders on vinyl is like a catering budget of an album release of theirs. For us, it’s something…would we make money off of it? No, but our fans would really dig it. So, we’re trying to do that, it’s just…dealing with so many lawyers, believe me, it’s a very delicate dance.

I'm guessing the better then expected sales from Earth Rocker and Physic Warfare have finally motivated Columbia to allow a third party to make a vinyl release.  Let Them Eat Vinyl, from my experience, has actually been pretty great.  I have almost all of their Killing Joke reissues as well as their Helmet reissues and found them to sound good, and have great packaging.  I was actually pretty stoked to see that they were the ones putting it out, it could have been worse honestly.

I read in an interview that The Elephant Riders was the last album they recorded to tape until going back briefly for Beale Street, so I'm hoping they were able to get the analog masters for this, or at the very least a nice super high quality digital source.  Either way its finally coming!

Hahaha nope, I wish that were the case, I imagine it would be a few steps up from what I do for a living (AV tech).  I can see how it would look like that though, all suspicious like :ph34r: .  This album was my introduction to Clutch, my brother is quite a few years older then me and he use to play it all the time when he would give me rides to school, so for me this is a big deal.  

I'm on soundstage direct's mailing list for new releases and saw it in the pre-orders and just about did a back flip when I saw it.  Then I looked around to see if I could find a release date because they don't list them there, found this forum and saw how pessimistic everyone was about the label, so I wanted join and relay my positive personal experience.  I'm not saying they are the best reissue label out there, in my opinion that would be MoFi and Analogue Productions, but all things considered on the few records of theirs that I have, I would say they are pretty good. It just bummed me out to see that people were already counting it out instead of getting excited for something every vinyl collecting Clutch fan has been waiting years and years for.  Trying to give you bums some hope!   :lol: Now if someone would put out a reissue of their self titled so I don't have to pay $300 bucks for an original and pure rock fury I would be set, not a huge fan of transnational.