PO: Frankie Cosmos - Next Thing (Out April 1st)

• 3 weeks later...

Because, like, she's blown up and she has access to a real studio now?

Yeah, I get that, but we've had 2 albums in 2 years, compared to 15 or so 'albums' in the 2 years prior to that, just because of the pace of the traditional 'system' in place for professional musicians to release music (see here). I'd just love the chance to hear the demos like we used to be able to - they're good shit and I'd happily pay for them given the chance.

What with the whole internet thing, and digital distribution I just feel like it should be possible.

(I do realise the irony of posting this on a forum dedicated to physical media, just think it would be cool to have the best of both worlds).

Yeah, I get that, but we've had 2 albums in 2 years, compared to 15 or so 'albums' in the 2 years prior to that, just because of the pace of the traditional 'system' in place for professional musicians to release music (see

). I'd just love the chance to hear the demos like we used to be able to - they're good shit and I'd happily pay for them given the chance.

What with the whole internet thing, and digital distribution I just feel like it should be possible.

(I do realise the irony of posting this on a forum dedicated to physical media, just think it would be cool to have the best of both worlds).

Always different when there's a label involved

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...