PO: Ringo Deathstarr - Colour Trip/Sparkler REPRESS

dvv

So is everyone happy with their copy of this album which has no doubt arrived over the last few days, exactly as promised by the label?

What's that you say?? They weren't true to their word and it will actually take longer than a month to place these vinyl records in sleeves??

Shock!!! Horror!!! Have you no shame, Peppermint Daydream Records, Inc.???

::sniffles::

::tears::

• 2 weeks later...

10 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

I don't think PayPal existed yet when this preorder went up. 

hehe, but seriously, they didn't take Paypal, had to use a CC to order initially

Called my CC to get my refund months ago; trying to 'cancel your order' is futile

If they eventually do come in and you want to risk it, use a different CC

Tried to source more details about their 'store' but can't seem to find any physical address or company info. Are they totally bogus?!

EDIT: did manage to find an address - looks like it's based in a residential property (owner is David F. Elliott), details here.

Edited by SE7EN

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning, all!

Happy Holidays to all those who will be celebrating various holidays in the coming weeks. 

We wanted to provide an overdue update on the Ringo Deathstarr reissues. We are still waiting for these to arrive from the manufacturing facility and believe they will be here very soon. Believe me when I say this: no one wants these to be in-hand and shipping more than us. We’ve maxed out personal lines of credit, business lines of credit, sold off record collections, and more, to bring these and other records to life. We’ve had numerous interruptions and speed-bumps along the way with these records, and we know they were due back in early Summer, but we’re doing all we can to just get them in the door and get out to you as soon as possible. In the current climate, it’s tough for independent labels to get these types of releases moving without the help of vendors who upcharge clients and dominate pressing plants’ bandwidth. The fact that there are two Record Store Days a year definitely does not help with turnaround time. But all that is neither here nor there and excuses don’t put these records on your doorstep. Just please know that we are working on it.

Now onto the fun stuff! While the wait for these records has been slowly corroding my soul and making me lose faith in every stitch of humanity that exists in this world, I wanted to find a way to reward our loyal and extremely patient customers who have been anxiously awaiting their prized records. And then it dawned on me: what better way is there to dull the pain of this long wait than with a gorgeous Fender Jaguar guitar? I scoured shops in the tri-state area and found this stunning (pic attached to email) Candy Apple Red Fender Jaguar, valued at $1,000. With neck binding and block inlays, this is the ultimate luxurious Jag. It comes with a Fender hard case, too! Your chances of winning this gem are just 1 in <200! What’s more, I’ve pulled two more test pressings, one of each RD album, for individual giveaways. All three winners will be announced in December. It’s our hope that these great giveaways will let you know how much we truly appreciate you sticking with us and giving us your business. I wanted to go all-out with something truly magnificent so that you know we love you.

We want to reiterate that everyone’s order is safe and accounted for. No orders have been lost in the lag. Also, we’re very sorry that our customer service is severely lacking. This label is run by two people who both have day jobs, and much of our time with the label is spent facilitating releases with the pressing plants, and negotiating contacts for future releases — both of which take a lot of time. As a result, customer service has taken a huge hit, and for that, all I can say is that I’m sorry and will not make any excuses for it. We have also seen a couple refund requests floating out there. If you need to submit for a refund, we have set up a dedicated email, [email protected]  to handle those requests. Please note that canceled orders/refunds are disqualified from the guitar and test pressing giveaways.

Thanks all!

PDR

14 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Good morning, all!

Happy Holidays to all those who will be celebrating various holidays in the coming weeks. 

We wanted to provide an overdue update on the Ringo Deathstarr reissues. We are still waiting for these to arrive from the manufacturing facility and believe they will be here very soon. Believe me when I say this: no one wants these to be in-hand and shipping more than us. We’ve maxed out personal lines of credit, business lines of credit, sold off record collections, and more, to bring these and other records to life. We’ve had numerous interruptions and speed-bumps along the way with these records, and we know they were due back in early Summer, but we’re doing all we can to just get them in the door and get out to you as soon as possible. In the current climate, it’s tough for independent labels to get these types of releases moving without the help of vendors who upcharge clients and dominate pressing plants’ bandwidth. The fact that there are two Record Store Days a year definitely does not help with turnaround time. But all that is neither here nor there and excuses don’t put these records on your doorstep. Just please know that we are working on it.

Now onto the fun stuff! While the wait for these records has been slowly corroding my soul and making me lose faith in every stitch of humanity that exists in this world, I wanted to find a way to reward our loyal and extremely patient customers who have been anxiously awaiting their prized records. And then it dawned on me: what better way is there to dull the pain of this long wait than with a gorgeous Fender Jaguar guitar? I scoured shops in the tri-state area and found this stunning (pic attached to email) Candy Apple Red Fender Jaguar, valued at $1,000. With neck binding and block inlays, this is the ultimate luxurious Jag. It comes with a Fender hard case, too! Your chances of winning this gem are just 1 in <200! What’s more, I’ve pulled two more test pressings, one of each RD album, for individual giveaways. All three winners will be announced in December. It’s our hope that these great giveaways will let you know how much we truly appreciate you sticking with us and giving us your business. I wanted to go all-out with something truly magnificent so that you know we love you.

We want to reiterate that everyone’s order is safe and accounted for. No orders have been lost in the lag. Also, we’re very sorry that our customer service is severely lacking. This label is run by two people who both have day jobs, and much of our time with the label is spent facilitating releases with the pressing plants, and negotiating contacts for future releases — both of which take a lot of time. As a result, customer service has taken a huge hit, and for that, all I can say is that I’m sorry and will not make any excuses for it. We have also seen a couple refund requests floating out there. If you need to submit for a refund, we have set up a dedicated email, [email protected]  to handle those requests. Please note that canceled orders/refunds are disqualified from the guitar and test pressing giveaways.

Thanks all!

PDR

2 minutes ago, diabretic said:

Mother fucker, don't give us a sob story about maxing out credit lines and such, and then dangle a 1000 dollar guitar in front of everyone. I just want my record. 

I know right? Such bullshit. How about something that benefits everyone that pre-ordered rather than a random draw that I'm not going to win.  

This on the same day I contacted my CC company. Like literally 1/2 hr before this email, not that that changes anything.

43 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

This would all go down a lot smoother if there weren't literally hundreds of other indie labels releasing literally thousands of other records in this same timeframe and not running into any of these issues.

If it really is manufacturer delay, then it's the same thing that's been happening to just about every small label for the last couple years, especially if it's a special project and that's the only business they're giving the pressing plant (e.g., just about every record funded through Kickstarter, the Luna box set). Larger indies like Sub Pop and Merge have been mostly immune, but even they've had delays at times. The fact that nobody with the label could be bothered to respond to emails or posts, and ASAP after being called out by the band on Twitter, is the reason they won't have much success funding future projects.

What planet is this guy on?!

DON'T, in the same email tell us that partly the reason for the HUUUUGE delay is funding issues, only to then say you've gone and blown a thousand bucks on a f*cking guitar that nobody asked for.

If you really only have 200 customers at this point, then your accounts must look interesting.

200 customers x approx. $30 spend = $6000

Costs to factory / printing / distro = approx. $4000

Cost of guitar and test press prizes = approx. $1250

Profit for one product that has taken over 9 months to press and release = $750

Profit per month of work / delay = $84

Wow, we can all kick back and retire on this business model.

Now stop d*cking around give me my f*cking records.

On Sept 20 this guy said the records were being presses. 2 months later they are awaiting pressing???

This after they put up a presale before they even had a stamper made to press these.

That guitar offer is dumb. not everyone who ordered this wants a guitar. if you really do have plant issues, slip them this 1k.

At this point, I think most people would accept it's never happening  but than this amateur pops up giving them hope