PO: Ringo Deathstarr - Colour Trip/Sparkler REPRESS

dvv

Fortunately i didn't order it, but i received the same treatment from Limited Fanfare Records. I never received the Heavy Drag record i pre-ordered in june, after 3 months i wrote them and they replied there was a delay, after months i wrote again but there was no reply....To be clear, i don't want talk shit about that label or the guy that owns it, at the beginning i was shure it was lost from postal services and i wrote them just to know the shipping date and they replied about that delay. In life a lot of shit can happen, maybe he had personal problems, i don't know, i just know that i didn't receive the record and they didn't reply me anymore...

Edited by daniele

I asked RD for an update on facebook after seeing a post about peppermint daydream.  Here's the reply I got:

"Well, all our hallabaloo got the attention of David Elliott, the man in question. He gave me a list of excuses as to why the records aren't here but attempted to assure me that they are still coming. I asked him for the contact for the pressing plant and he deflected, I asked him again and he hasn't responded, that was 10 days ago. I need to find out how we can all sue him. I don't have any free time to go down that rabbit hole at the moment though..."

I'm sure everyone just got this email.  What a joke - I'm guessing that Davie has forgotten the Fable about the boy who cried wolf. I can't believe anything this clown says at this point:

Hi everybody,

We’re approaching the finish line with the Ringo Deathstarr records! We had one final road block with the manufacturing of them — we tried to have the jackets converted to both lenticular and 3D but they ended up just not looking right, so we reverted back to the regular covers. All of these things should have been ironed out before the pre-order, which we admittedly jumped the gun on. The new ETA provided to us by the plant is sometime in Spring for delivery. It’s (much) later than we had hoped, but we’re glad they’re finally coming. I’m sure this has been even more annoying for all of you as it was for us, but we think you’ll enjoy the final product. Our commitment to quality will show and you’ll definitely enjoy the final product! As I’ve said in prior emails, all the shipping mailers are labeled and ready to be stuffed with your goodies! It has been such a long wait, but we are feeling excited that these finally seem to be coming to us shortly. As a company, we've decided that we won't ever put up a pre-order again. Given the volatility of wait times and roadblocks that can occur with such technically fragile materials, we feel that pre-orders are not fair to customers, as they often have to get pushed back, or in this case, way back. Had we known this would have taken so long, we never would have put the pre-orders up when we did. We are also customers and we hate when records get delayed, too (we still haven't received our 'Blonde' LP's that were supposed to be in stock 4 months ago).

Good news #1: Because of the inexcusably lengthy delay times at the plant, we’re negotiating some type of refund per unit. Every dime of this refund will be passed on to our customers. We’re not keeping any of it. We don’t know how much it will be yet, but all of it will go back to you, either in the form of cash with your package, or a refund through our swipe system. We're trying to get as much as we can for you.

Good news #2: The Fender Jaguar giveaway is still active! All orders (except for canceled/refunded) are included. Someone’s going to get this beast along with their records. It might be you!

A note on our website: We’ve let our web site lapse while it is being redesigned. It should be done relatively soon.

A note on refunds: All refunds have been issued as requested. If for some reason yours was not, please email [email protected] - we received a notice from someone yesterday that their refund was not processed, so we want to make sure everyone gets their refund if they want one. Just a reminder that canceled orders are disqualified from the Jaguar giveaway.

We’ll be in touch as soon as we hear something else on these! This wait has been insufferable for all, but we’re finally going to be getting them.

Take care,

David

8 minutes ago, Mars said:

I'm sure everyone just got this email.  What a joke - I'm guessing that Davie has forgotten the Fable about the boy who cried wolf. I can't believe anything this clown says at this point:

I was just about to post this! Half LOLing and half screaming throughout the first read of that fairytale.

I don't live in the US, so I'm unaware of how the law works with things like this, but is this not fraud (if indeed the records don't ever materialise)?

Absolute joke.

Edited by SE7EN

15 hours ago, prettyylush said:

Did anyone actually receive their refund? Just wondering cause there's a bit of me that still hopes there's some truth in this email, as I'd still love to own Colour Trip....

NOPE.  I've been emailing this asshole for a month + and have not received any sort of reply.  That includes the refund email address and the email address he uses to make his bullshit announcements.

15 hours ago, prettyylush said:

Did anyone actually receive their refund? Just wondering cause there's a bit of me that still hopes there's some truth in this email, as I'd still love to own Colour Trip....

7 minutes ago, hossafer said:

NOPE.  I've been emailing this asshole for a month + and have not received any sort of reply.  That includes the refund email address and the email address he uses to make his bullshit announcements.

I emailed the 'dedicated' refund address and did not get a response or a refund, which is when I finally went to my credit card company.

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, rogeoa8 said:

just bumping to say im still pissed about this and remind everyone we havent heard ANYTHING since that last "update" with the guitar giveaway mumbo jumbo.

335c8a53c4bebe9b6123b55d5601e2a6.gif

If you haven't already filed a PayPal or CC dispute and got your money back you're just fooling yourself 

• 4 weeks later...

comical

Hi everybody,

Just a quick note to everyone to check in and confirm that we are still on target for a (U.S.) Spring release for the Ringo Deathstarr records and tapes — this hasn’t changed. Expect an update in a couple weeks once we draw closer to having these shipped out to us. As I understand it, the tapes are coming first, with the LP’s following behind. The next email I send will come when the plant has confirmed that they’ve shipped out to us.

Thanks all,

Team PDR