Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow

Boo-fucking-hoo, you guys. I honestly couldn't give much of a shit about flipping, but the whole thing just seemed weird to me so I responded to it with my thoughts.

"I'm so tired of flipping arguments." Then tell people to stop bringing them up. I'm never the first person to bring that shit up, I just respond to what is brought forward. This seemed strange and the reasoning behind it didn't seem sound to me.

11 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Boo-fucking-hoo, you guys. I honestly couldn't give much of a shit about flipping, but the whole thing just seemed weird to me so I responded to it with my thoughts.

"I'm so tired of flipping arguments." Then tell people to stop bringing them up. I'm never the first person to bring that shit up, I just respond to what is brought forward. This seemed strange and the reasoning behind it didn't seem sound to me.

I like how the whole time you've been putting yourself on a pedestal while ignoring the fact that he's donating part of that money to charity 

1 minute ago, Shinji said:

I think I heard someone mention it before but yeah this album is really, really good, but they decided to put all the loud/fast songs on side a and all the slow/quiet songs on side b, very weird

It's weird because although Tired of Tomorrow is the slowest track the next two slowest are on the A-side. The loudness war exists because loud/fast and slow/quiet aren't interchangeable in most peoples minds.

31 minutes ago, Shlebs said:

It's weird because although Tired of Tomorrow is the slowest track the next two slowest are on the A-side. The loudness war exists because loud/fast and slow/quiet aren't interchangeable in most peoples minds.

If you're talking about The Dead Are Dumb, I find that to be a slow/loud song so it seems like it's a fast song that was jammed in there and makes the first 4 songs feel like they front load the album with a higher pace. Listened to this non stop the past few days, but still need time to formulate my full opinion.

One thing I do know for sure is, I don't really like Eaten By Worms very much.

2 minutes ago, JRHews said:

If you're talking about The Dead Are Dumb, I find that to be a slow/loud song so it seems like it's a fast song that was jammed in there and makes the first 4 songs feel like they front load the album with a higher pace. Listened to this non stop the past few days, but still need time to formulate my full opinion.

One thing I do know for sure is, I don't really like Eaten By Worms very much.

Eaten By Worms totally reminds me of that "Roof is on fire..." song by Bloodhound Gang haha.  But I love the end of EBW.  Up until that part it drags.

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

It does suck that he has cancer, and I feel for him. But also...he knew he had cancer and these bills before he bought this. He bought it to sell and make some money.

edit: Daaaamn.

Sorry to tell it like it is. Didn't know everyone would get so upset over me wondering why someone wouldn't just save their money/start a godfundme/reach out to someone close to them for help to pay for the treatments they need... Is the ~$200 homeboy is going to make really going to make a dent in his expenses? Nope.

I said I feel bad for him and I do, but I still think it's a bit shitty to buy stuff specifically to flip. Obviously he does too, hence even bringing up the cancer story, which I could see someone like Halo doing anyway to get more money for something. (Obviously this isn't halo, but you see the point.)

Sorry that I deal with people who can't afford treatment every day but still manage to take care of everything without resorting to money making tactics they obviously have a distaste for.

It must be really easy going through life only seeing one side of everything. It's not that I'm unsympathetic toward the guy. I am. Cancer sucks hard, and we went through my dad having it for years when I was a kid, but he and my mom worked their asses off and went into debt over it, but paid off his treatments in the end. It's tough, but it's doable without going against what you feel for a couple bucks. Whatever.

just a head's up.

I am friends with this kid.  I know him well.  and he even told me when he bought this, he was excited to own it..  (cause I got one too).

the dude has had a rough rough few months.  ..

without going too much into it.  dude lost a grandparent, had testicular cancer AND his new girlfriend just got out of the hospital after having an aneurysm..

so on top of all of this..  he then starts to get his bills.

SO..  the point is.  he bought this to keep it.  and then saw his shitty bills..

so if we could just let it go that would be great.

thanks.   

Edited by thepunkguy

2 hours ago, thepunkguy said:

just a head's up.

I am friends with this kid.  I know him well.  and he even told me when he bought this, he was excited to own it..  (cause I got one too).

without going too much into it.  dude lost a grandparent, had testicular cancer AND his new girlfriend just got out of the hospital after having an aneurysm..

SO..  the point is.  he bought this to keep it.  and then saw his shitty bills..

thanks.   

Already let go. Hope things look up for your buddy, man. 

9 hours ago, thepunkguy said:

just a head's up.

thanks.   

For whatever it's worth...(i.e. from a limey stranger on a forum), please send him my thoughts and best wishes. Hope things pick up for him.

8 hours ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

How have some of you been storing the picture disc in the Deluxe version?  I got a 10" picture disc sleeve to store it in and put it in the front gatefold sleeve.  Are some of you just storing it outside the gatefold?

I don't recommend putting it in one of those PVC sleeves, so you can avoid transfer to actual record. I'd just get a normal sleeve for it, and keep it in the gatefold.

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

I don't recommend putting it in one of those PVC sleeves, so you can avoid transfer to actual record. I'd just get a normal sleeve for it, and keep it in the gatefold.

Yeah, I just tossed mine in a 10" paper sleeve and then stored that outside of the gatefold, but in the poly outer. Works fine for me.

15 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Already let go. Hope things look up for your buddy, man. 

9 hours ago, LeeKaye said:

For whatever it's worth...(i.e. from a limey stranger on a forum), please send him my thoughts and best wishes. Hope things pick up for him.

thanks and thanks.

I will definitely send him best wishes.  

I haven't even told him yet that he's been' of great discussion' on the message boards.  I am sure he'll get a kick out of it.

ha,