Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow

8 hours ago, shamrocks said:

am i being uptight or is a video of suicide for a song about mental illness(?) in weird taste

no, i think you're pretty right on actually. if you have experience with mental illness, you'd know this kinda shit is ignorant and in weird taste.

i also think these lyrics are cliche and don't necessarily represent mental illness, aside from the obvious title adaptation. they're at least too cliche for me to accept as genuine -- i know, what a dick -- but they are sooo hardcore scene-y ala 2000-2005 ala American Nightmare, and all the other bands that started doing that sad, angry-guy shtick. that being said, this album was a huge surprise to me and i'm definitely drinkin' the kool-aid way more than i expected. i have to admit i enjoyed watching the video, despite it's stupidity, fuckups and my hatred for 3D animation.

5 minutes ago, Jackie Crackrock said:

no, i think you're pretty right on actually. if you have experience with mental illness, you'd know this kinda shit is ignorant and in weird taste.

i also think these lyrics are cliche and don't necessarily represent mental illness, aside from the obvious title adaptation. they're at least too cliche for me to accept as genuine -- i know, what a dick -- but they are sooo hardcore scene-y ala 2000-2005 ala American Nightmare, and all the other bands that started doing that sad, angry-guy shtick. that being said, this album was a huge surprise to me and i'm definitely drinkin' the kool-aid way more than i expected. i have to admit i enjoyed watching the video, despite it's stupidity, fuckups and my hatred for 3D animation.

the cognitive dissonance is strong with this one.

I never could get into these guys before, but this album is one of the best things I've heard this year. Almost bought the CD locally today so I didn't have to wait on a record, but I'll be patient. 

If if anyone who got the deluxe isn't into it, and wants to part with it at cost, hit me up. Tic Tac Toe is fucking great. 

Edited by throughbeingcruel

13 minutes ago, I HATE HALO 2 said:

Hope I'm not treading ground that's been covered before, but has the tour pressing sold out yet? I'm seeing them ALLLLLL the way at the end of the month and am trying to figure out whether or not to just pull the trigger on the pink/white merge or hold out for that tour pressing.

The tour hasn't even started yet. How would they be sold out? The pressing is pretty large /1000. I think you'll be alright. Only a few have gone out early to people who ordered a copy of a variant that was shorted in production (like me for example). 

37 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

The tour hasn't even started yet. How would they be sold out? The pressing is pretty large /1000. I think you'll be alright. Only a few have gone out early to people who ordered a copy of a variant that was shorted in production (like me for example). 

Hell yea, buddy! Thanks for clearing this up for me!