Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow

58 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Every single time this thread now gets bumped...I gasp a bit expecting & hoping to see actual pics of the VF variant with the spray-painted covers and all.

But noooooooooooooo....

29DE7B99-A54B-477B-B751-5618FDEE2CE8.gif

This will be a great moment for sure. I hope I am able to post mine very soon!

Huh. This album was actually quite different from what I thought it'd be, and from what people made it out to be.

Overall it's a lot quieter and slower than Guilty Of Everything was. There's a lot less overwhelming "wall-of-sound" moments, like the Hymn To The Pillory bits and the end of B&E off GoE... there are nice noisy moments but generally speaking everything is a bit more subdued. The closing track is probably the most tame Nothing song I've ever heard (it's still good, though, just different). Maybe they just really wanted to stray from their sound on GoE. I'm hoping it grows on me a little more. Definitely not AOTY material for me as of right now.

REGARDLESS it's still good. Still top 10 material for me, most likely. Looking forward to listening to it again and again in the coming days. I don't wanna sound like I don't like it, cause I sure do! Just not as much as GoE.

Edited by deer

14 minutes ago, deer said:

Huh. This album was actually quite different from what I thought it'd be, and from what people made it out to be.

Overall it's a lot quieter and slower than Guilty Of Everything was. There's a lot less overwhelming "wall-of-sound" moments, like the Hymn To The Pillory bits and the end of B&E off GoE... there are nice noisy moments but generally speaking everything is a bit more subdued. The closing track is probably the most tame Nothing song I've ever heard (it's still good, though, just different). Maybe they just really wanted to stray from their sound on GoE. I'm hoping it grows on me a little more. Definitely not AOTY material for me as of right now.

REGARDLESS it's still good. Still top 10 material for me, most likely. Looking forward to listening to it again and again in the coming days. I don't wanna sound like I don't like it, cause I sure do! Just not as much as GoE.

AOTY material for me, fo sho.

1 hour ago, deer said:

I think the change in sound has a lot to do with both albums having different producers. Tbh I'm glad they didn't try to go for another "gaze" album (even the band never considered themselves a gaze band). 

7 hours ago, deer said:

These were my first impressions as well, didn't like how they evolved. But now, after several listens I am in full love and like it even more than GoE, not AOTY though because we are going to have a new Suis La Lune record later this year.

3 hours ago, deer said:

Hah, two people already put up their clear copies for sale on Discogs. I bet they haven't even had them for more than a couple days if they shipped around the same time as all the others. $200 and $400, jesus.

Hhahahahahah!!! Fuck them!! Can't wait to see how much flippers will ask for VF edition.....Unfortunately i think i will never got one...