PO now: Andrew Bird - Are You Serious

I was super psyched on this till I saw the price tag

and truth be told.  I rarely ever bitch about pricing.

but.  100.00 for 1 12" 1 10" and 1 7" 

I mean I know it comes with like a bumper sticker and a photo insert book

and a ..  box  ("Custom made box") 

wtf.

when ryan adams did his 17 LP live box set that thing was only 1.5 times more expensive than this.

Awwyeah loving that new song. Every one of his albums has grown on me over time, the man just makes great music. Ordered the colored version with haste.

$32 for a 180g LP and an extra 7" isn't terrible, but that $11 shipping is killer. The single convinced me this will probably be worth it.

Awwyeah loving that new song. Every one of his albums has grown on me over time, the man just makes great music. Ordered the colored version with haste.

$32 for a 180g LP and an extra 7" isn't terrible, but that $11 shipping is killer. The single convinced me this will probably be worth it.

I absolutely love Andrew Bird but 43PPD is ABSURD for a single LP and a 7"

I will hope Amoeba gets some of the colored, but if not, black it is. 

As mentioned by the OP, Bull Moose has the deluxe for $33.97 which automatically qualifies for free shipping since it's over $25.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hoping Amoeba gets copies of the deluxe.

Just listened to this on NPR, as a huge Andrew Bird fan I was very impressed. Certainly stronger than Break It Yourself.

Hard for me to believe that, but that's probably because Break it Yourself was my #1 aoty from 2012.

The first single was honestly not great, but the Fiona Apple song was incredible, so it's a mixed bag for me rn. Have a lot to catch up on so won't listen to this in full for a little while.

I ended up ordering through VMP for a few cheaper than the official store. Looking forward to getting it though to see how I like it.

• 2 weeks later...