Fest 15

bobby

It's been a long time since I've posted around here but I'm coming out of hibernation for Fest this year. Hey guys. 

wow it's been a long time since I've seen that name. Are you still living in my neighborhood?

Last year was the first time I could have really made it down, but I wasn't super stoked on the lineup. I kind of told myself last week that if Strike Anywhere was playing I would go. That could still change if they announce an ATL date to tour down there, but I'm leaning towards making this my first Fest.

wow it's been a long time since I've seen that name. Are you still living in my neighborhood?

Last year was the first time I could have really made it down, but I wasn't super stoked on the lineup. I kind of told myself last week that if Strike Anywhere was playing I would go. That could still change if they announce an ATL date to tour down there, but I'm leaning towards making this my first Fest.

I do. I'm actually at 3rd and Durant. I thought I saw you for a moment at NOFX the other night but wasn't sure. Carpool to Fest maybe? haha. 

Ergs reunion is pretty cool, but I don't wanna go see a band where 90% of the festival's attendees are there to see that band.

ehhh when the Descendents played 2 yrs ago, probably 99 percent of the attendees went to see them and it was still super fun and not overwhelming.

I'm super pumped for this year.

• 2 weeks later...

The lady & I will be heading down from Pittsburgh this year for our first Fest! (And pre-fest!) I couldn't be more excited. The lineup is insane. We were already sold with the first announcement... then last night they add Cheap Girls, PUP, Direct Hit!, Worriers, etc. I can't wait!

Edited by jullysammich
typo

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Spending time getting reacquainted with bands I've forgotten about in preparation for Fest so I figured I'd drop by this thread... 

I can't believe this thread isn't blowing up. Maybe most of the old guard is gone. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. 

On 8/26/2016 at 7:16 PM, controlthebleeding said:

we should all meet up for a minute.. anyone going to pre-fest?

No pre-fest but I'll be around the Holiday Inn early Friday morning starting the party. I'd like to at least put faces to names even though I never posted a whole lot when this board was peaking. I propose a massive VC Bud Heavy (or beer of your choice) Shotgun. For those who don't drink booze I will have a cold twelver of Yoo-hoos. 

On 9/8/2016 at 0:29 PM, Werner Herzog said:

So stoked to finally be going to Fest this year! Anyone want to catch D4 with me? Whiskey and cokes are on you.

First timer as well. I'lI be 31 a week before the big show. I shall drink bottom shelf whiskey cokes with you. 

Edited by motorbike

8 hours ago, controlthebleeding said:

so no fest. i'll be in ATL the day before PRE FEST doing a whole lot of nothing.. someone recommended i go to the CLARmont for a few ... i want to hit up vape shops too while i'm there, and maybe a record store or two. 

Clarmont can be exciting. The fact that you're going on a weekday will make it much more enjoyable than a weekend. It has become a tourist attraction for weekender in the city. I think that is karaoke night to. Just don't touch your face while there. I've gotten pick eye twice from that place. 

As far as records I'd visit Criminal Records and Wax'n'Facts in Little Five Points. There are bound to be a vape shop or two in Little Five as well. 

Shoot me a DM when the dates get closer and we can get some beers and wings. The Local across the street from Clarmont has the best wings in the world. 

5 hours ago, motorbike said:

Clarmont can be exciting. The fact that you're going on a weekday will make it much more enjoyable than a weekend. It has become a tourist attraction for weekender in the city. I think that is karaoke night to. Just don't touch your face while there. I've gotten pick eye twice from that place. 

As far as records I'd visit Criminal Records and Wax'n'Facts in Little Five Points. There are bound to be a vape shop or two in Little Five as well. 

Shoot me a DM when the dates get closer and we can get some beers and wings. The Local across the street from Clarmont has the best wings in the world. 

i plan on going for a bit during the day.. if you've been there, do you mind going with me. i could use a local to go with.. and i'll grab wings after.

18 hours ago, controlthebleeding said:

i plan on going for a bit during the day.. if you've been there, do you mind going with me. i could use a local to go with.. and i'll grab wings after.

Not sure what time they open. Used to be later in the night. I've banned myself from that place however I will make an exception. Never been in the day and I'd love to see how weird it is in there at 4pm on a Wednesday. 

On 9/26/2016 at 0:50 AM, controlthebleeding said:

so no fest. i'll be in ATL the day before PRE FEST doing a whole lot of nothing.. someone recommended i go to the CLARmont for a few ... i want to hit up vape shops too while i'm there, and maybe a record store or two. 

What day is that? Theres always some rad shows in ATL this time of year. Clermont :) Tuesdays is Karaoke. Thursdays they often have bands now. Actually been to some pretty rad shows there this year. I think Vape Atlanta is in L5P near criminal and wax n facts. I've also been popping in beatlab over there a bit and have had some nice finds. Also down for a VC meetup when you're here.

On 9/26/2016 at 9:00 AM, motorbike said:

Whats your plan for going down/coming back? As of now I'm riding by myself with my bike because I'm trying to get down for either the Rehasher or Gunmoll show on Thursday and coming back later on Monday.