*HELP* Record player/receiver/monitors issue

Hey guys,

I just got a Mitsubishi DA-L90. It has a Phono input section on the back. I have the record player plugged into the phono inputs, and my two fisher monitors plugged into the Rec. Out (L/R). Theres also a CD/Aux. in that i tried plugging the monitors into.

When the monitors are plugged into the Rec. out, i can hear the album playing (and not from the needle on the record player) however, you cant control the volume and its extremely faint (just a tiny bit louder than the needle). The volume, balance, and tone controls dont work at all. 

The Radio is doing the samething: i can slightly hear it coming from the monitors but none of the controls are doing anything.

What do i do? Do i have something plugged in to the wrong place? My set up works fine with a different reciever, however i want to use this one because it also hold cassettes. 

Thanks for the help!!

By Fisher monitors I assume you mean speakers? if so shouldn't they be connected to the speaker outputs?

Tape out is a fixed level output for connecting to a tape recorder or other recording device for recording purposes so no ythe volume etc will have no effect over it and it's not for driving normal speakers on it's own or for any other sort of output really, you could connect powered speakers to it but why would you do that as they had better have a volume control on them otherwise it's full volume all the time

CD/Aux will be an input so not an output either.

I wasn't familiar with this particular item from the B.P.C. catalogue so I googled it and have to concur with my learned colleague above

Step 1: throw Mitsubishi DA-L90 in the trash

Step 2: wait for the garbage truck to come get it

Step 3: prosperity

Especially if you are trying to connect the speakers to other places because the speaker out's don't work.