Good Charlotte - S/T + Young & The Hopeless reissues

ETR is pretty shitty but there are a other labels that do some of the same things but some seem to get a free pass on here and don't get called out while others get ganged up on.

If we shouldn't buy from ETR we probably shouldn't buy from a lot of other labels.

ETR is pretty shitty but there are a other labels that do some of the same things but some seem to get a free pass on here and don't get called out while others get ganged up on.

If we shouldn't buy from ETR we probably shouldn't buy from a lot of other labels.

Please tell me more. Specifically which labels you speak of.

Please tell me more. Specifically which labels you speak of.

I knew someone would ask.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/117886-fs-zao-beloved-hopesfall-further-seems-forever-the-gloria-record-hawkboy-obrother/?fromsearch=1

Check my question about The Running selling for $13 on the Broken Circles site that he's selling for $20 as well as his response of

I just looked and the last copy was sold on 12/7 to someone in France. It hasn't been available since then.

Check the Google cache I took of Dec 29th 2015. The same day he posted his thread.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img903/6674/SZ7wdB.png

Pulled down from the site after I said something so he can sell it for more.

No one said anything...

On top of that 65$ for Failure On? I bought a copy the week before for $30

That does seem a little sketchy given your side of the story. I don't know – you may take solace in the fact that the extent of interaction with that label (distro?) was for a single Emery record way back in the day.

I guess I've been lucky, but I dread to think what would happen if quality labels with quality music started to practice shitty business ethics. Waffling on whether or not I should be giving my money to Topshelf, TRL, Denovali, Deathwish, or Polyvinyl is not something I ever want to find myself struggling with. If we can keep all the radio butt-rock, poorly-aged nostalgia, and Nickeloden soundtracks exclusive to shitty labels, I think I'm in for some smooth sailing.

Look. It's nothing personal against ETR. I think he has good intentions. But $30 shipped for a Spongebob record and $45 for Maroon 5 (Maroon 5!!!) is mind boggling. Nolstalgia is not a good enough reason to give in to these. A pretty vinyl press shouldnt be enough. No mastering details on these at all. Echo Drug is a smaller label and is releasing 10x better records for less money. I wanted that Maroon 5 and heck, considered that Spongebob for my boy. But not at those prices.

Look. It's nothing personal against ETR. I think he has good intentions. But $30 shipped for a Spongebob record and $45 for Maroon 5 (Maroon 5!!!) is mind boggling. Nolstalgia is not a good enough reason to give in to these. A pretty vinyl press shouldnt be enough. No mastering details on these at all. Echo Drug is a smaller label and is releasing 10x better records for less money. I wanted that Maroon 5 and heck, considered that Spongebob for my boy. But not at those prices.

The fact that you would even type that out in regards to Ross and ETR makes my head want to explode.

That does seem a little sketchy given your side of the story. I don't know – you may take solace in the fact that the extent of interaction with that label (distro?) was for a single Emery record way back in the day.

I don't really care if you buy/bought from them or not. It's your choice.

The point of my post is that it gets annoying when a label gets shit for stuff they do while others don't. I'm sure if people put as much effort as they do to find things ETR did wrong, they will find out things other labels did wrong.

In no way am I defending ETR btw, as I think some of you think I am.

The point of my post is that it gets annoying when a label gets shit for stuff they do while others don't. I'm sure if people put as much effort as they do to find things ETR did wrong, they will find out things other labels did wrong.

I emphasized my history with the label to justify my critiquing of ETR. I am no hypocrite.

Plenty of labels have screwed up once or twice, been called out on it, and learned their lessons. ETR/Ross has a storied history of being a shithead and he continues to be one to this day. That's why they get continued attention where other label's mistakes aren't constantly brought up.

Plenty of labels have screwed up once or twice, been called out on it, and learned their lessons. ETR/Ross has a storied history of being a shithead and he continues to be one to this day. That's why they get continued attention where other label's mistakes aren't constantly brought up.

I dunno, doghouse gets some love still and they have done worse things than ross.