The Hotelier - Goodness

dvv

Waiting for this PO got me all sorts of anxious. The art was jarring at first, but I really don't see it being an issue for me personally. I mean it's just some pee pees, China's and bewbies

Personally, it's not an issue for me. I'm thinking more along the lines of other people who like to flip through my collection when they're at my place - including some pretty young family members. It's not like I'm losing sleep over it, and I'll still buy it. But I know I'm going to have to store it somewhere outside of my normal collection, which is just a (mild) inconvenience. 

I get what the band was trying to do with that imagery, and I liked it in the music video. But putting it on the cover feels a little like it's being done for shock value. 

Personally, it's not an issue for me. I'm thinking more along the lines of other people who like to flip through my collection when they're at my place - including some pretty young family members. It's not like I'm losing sleep over it, and I'll still buy it. But I know I'm going to have to store it somewhere outside of my normal collection, which is just a (mild) inconvenience. 

I get what the band was trying to do with that imagery, and I liked it in the music video. But putting it on the cover feels a little like it's being done for shock value. 

Reflecting upon The Hotelier and their lyrics there is no way this was done for shock value and to think so (I think) misses the whole point. 

Now I haven't heard the record yet but I am sensing there will be some kind of theme of connection. Mankind's connection to nature and each other. What I get from the picture is that "Goodness" or "Happiness" is only available to us when we toss away our worldly possessions and strip ourselves down to our natural form. True aggression and hatred usually come from the social construct of wanting what the other person has. By having this cover the band is commenting that when you strip away all of the typical bullshit of everyday life such as jobs, possessions, clothes, houses and just simply exist with nature, man is basically good inside. I completely agree with that sentiment and I think this is one of the most honest and beautiful record covers I've seen in ages. 

Also, its not the first fucking record to have naked people on it...fucking Jimmy Hendrix has a record with naked people...Linda Ronstadt has a record where you can basically see her boobs through the dress. I have a Pink Floyd record called A Nice Pair with a pair of boobs right on the front. Hell I think the first pair of boobs I saw may have been on a record cover. Children aren't going to be scarred by seeing naked old people or naked people in general...hell it will probably do them good...just explain that it is art and they might not be able to understand it until they are older...

I'm really sick of all of the backlash for this album cover...give the world a dose of realism and they flip their shit...you don't see people bitching like this over the girls of the cover of The Dwarves records... 

does anyone know how much TE usually charges for a 2xLP?

This is the first TE double LP release.

Most variants will be limited to 1-2 per customer (gotta assume /300 will be 1, /700 will be 2?) so don't plan on anyone being able to help out. Going up around 11am-12pm tomorrow.

If I had to guess it'll be $18, no more than $20? I don't know if they've ever had a 2xlp so it's hard to say. They're always reasonably priced though.

Most of their single LP full length releases have been $15 for a while now. I'd say no chance at anything less than $20, but wouldn't be suprised to see it closer to $25.