On 12/15/2016 at 7:53 PM, tacosupremekohl said:

I contacted Standard Brickhouse last week about this after ordering from them. they confirmed these pressing numbers:

200 copies black (broken world media)

200 copies pink marble (standard brickhouse)

Awesome. I reached out to the label the other day (standard brickhouse) and they confirmed this as well - ordered immediately!

Thanks for the help ya'll - and for the rest of VC sleepin' on this get it together :)

I'm in for the album but before I pre-order it: I don't own any Tiny Engines records besides Home, Like and it's one of the worst mastering jobs/pressings I've ever heard. I verified that it wasn't just a bad copy by listening to my friend's, so I have to ask the collective, is that an isolated incident or do TE pressings traditionally have subpar sound quality?

7 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I'm in for the album but before I pre-order it: I don't own any Tiny Engines records besides Home, Like and it's one of the worst mastering jobs/pressings I've ever heard. I verified that it wasn't just a bad copy by listening to my friend's, so I have to ask the collective, is that an isolated incident or do TE pressings traditionally have subpar sound quality?

Every TE press I own sounds great. I've heard the later presses of Home weren't as good as the earlier ones... maybe worn plates? who knows, but I own a lot of TE stuff, and it all sounds great.

In for this, by the way. Kind of slept on Rot Forever (oops) but I won't on this.

8 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

They acknowlwdged Home was a bad pressing and the 7th pressing and up is a remastered version. Every other recotd I have from them is perfectly fine.

10 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I think most of their stuff sounds good. I heard the same thing about some copies of The Hotelier. They've changed plants since then too.

3 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

They acknowlwdged Home was a bad pressing and the 7th pressing and up is a remastered version. Every other recotd I have from them is perfectly fine.

Where can I get the remastered version? The one I own is part of the fifth pressing and that's the latest I can see on Discogs and TE. 

5 minutes ago, deer said:

Every TE press I own sounds great.

2 minutes ago, corey. said:

I think most of their stuff sounds good. I heard the same thing about some copies of The Hotelier. They've changed plants since then too.

Thanks for easing me up about this--as soon as I hear a single/leak I'll make the final decision but I don't really care for it to be limited as long as I don't miss out on it like I ended up doing with Rot, late to the party as I was.

44 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Where can I get the remastered version? The one I own is part of the fifth pressing and that's the latest I can see on Discogs and TE. 

Thanks for easing me up about this--as soon as I hear a single/leak I'll make the final decision but I don't really care for it to be limited as long as I don't miss out on it like I ended up doing with Rot, late to the party as I was.

http://www.tinyengines.net/products/574883-the-hotelier-home-like-noplace-is-there I guess it's the 5th pressing not the 7th but these should sound better. 

On 7/6/2017 at 10:43 AM, dantheriver said:

http://tinyengines.limitedrun.com/products/596961

So excited they are putting on the new album on Tiny Engines! I won't even have to think about preorders since I'm in on the yearly sub.

Cool. How about a new thread?

They're still getting called/calling themselves post-punk :rolleyes:

Edited by jeromium

• 1 month later...