PO's - Metallica - new Ride the Lightning and Kill em All remastered

Someone on the Stevehoffman forums downloaded the exclusive sampler for the box set and said that they're brickwalled. I would hope the vinyl sounds good but if the past few reissues are anything to go by, that won't be the case. 

I'll just keep waiting until I find a decently priced 80s pressing or for a reissue by MoFi or someone similar.

edit: well apparently Bernie Grundman did the vinyl so these might be good

My question is...are the original masters, and I'm talking either megaforce or elektra, just lost or destroyed? They know those are what people are looking for... Make new plates for one of those masters, slap them on 180 gram vinyl and charge $25-$30 and people would eat that shit up. I'd probably even buy a new copy of Kill 'Em All at that point, and if they were the megaforce issues, I'd get the first three.

I think the real question here is (and I'm being serious); when they get to "remastering" AJFA, will we actually be able to hear Jason Newsted's playing?

In hindsight $149.99 isn't actually THAT bad for everything you get, but I guess you need to be a mega-fan for these. I suppose that's who these are targetted at anyway, so they're priced accordingly.

This would be killer......Newsted has some wicked parts on AJFA.....would be good to finally hear it on record as apose to live show stuff

they have stated that its "only the beginning" and they are repressing remastering the catalogue....Some Late Justice/early TBA era Shows on vinyl would be wicked....i just hope they dont press Live Shit and Throw that in....something new would be great

they have stated that its "only the beginning" and they are repressing remastering the catalogue....Some Late Justice/early TBA era Shows on vinyl would be wicked....i just hope they dont press Live Shit and Throw that in....something new would be great

Wouldn't mind that Seattle show...any Justice-era show would be welcomed! :)

I think the real question here is (and I'm being serious); when they get to "remastering" AJFA, will we actually be able to hear Jason Newsted's playing?

This would be killer......Newsted has some wicked parts on AJFA.....would be good to finally hear it on record as apose to live show stuff

Mastering is a different process than mixing. It was mixed to have no bass. Sucks that the creeps in the band had too big of egos to leave it mixed in. I doubt much has changed.

• 1 month later...

I own a 2008 repress on Universal (Discogs says it was released for the EU) and it sounds pretty good to me. Have never heard those OG pressings, but I can live with the quality of my version. So, for anyone interested, that should be a bit easier to come by than the OGs.

The 2008 45 rpm repress of MoP is notoriously bad. It sounds like there's a wet blanket over the speakers

• 3 weeks later...