Kanye West - The Life of Pablo

nardes

Help me out here...I'm a big fan of Graduation and Late Registration but haven't been into Kanye for some time. I saw him at Outside Lands a few years ago and thought he was awful, same thing with SNL last weekend. Should I give this new album a chance or just be the old man shaking my fist at the sky saying "he hasn't done anything good since 2007!"

Help me out here...I'm a big fan of Graduation and Late Registration but haven't been into Kanye for some time. I saw him at Outside Lands a few years ago and thought he was awful, same thing with SNL last weekend. Should I give this new album a chance or just be the old man shaking my fist at the sky saying "he hasn't done anything good since 2007!"

The latter.

Its actually good, sadly the hype and his ego have kind of wrecked the atmosphere around the album but its very well put together. I just hate the fact he went autotune crazy but it was mostly well put together. This coming from someone who didn't think much of Kanye before. Id say give it a shot. I had fun listening to it. Its a shame how hes gone super crazy and its shadowing the work. The era you listed is still better though.

So is this real?

No this is not real.

This is a vinyl forum, other than it being a fake instagram account can anyone actually see why this test pressing is fake? These markings are almost the only thing you can see on a record, it being a flat piece of plastic and all. Any guesses?

It is nothing close to his older stuff. That Kanye is sadly long, LONG gone. I am all for an artist branching out but I am just not feeling this new album much at all. Some of the lyrics on it just leave me in absolute awe that he would release them to the public (not that he was ever a wordsmith but he still had solid lyrics) not to mention that it feels more like a collection of tracks and has absolutely no flow to it like most of his previous albums did. Saying that, the album still has some good tracks but I would personally not pay for the vinyl release and after a few more listens I might keep a handful of the tracks digitally at the max.

Then again, I am white so according to Kanye I should not be sharing my thoughts on this album.

To be fair he didn't specify that he only liked the first 10-13 tracks.

Yeah exactly.  More specifically Low Lights, Freestyle 4, I love Kanye, Silver Surfer Intermission... not that they're bad songs they just kind of slow down the album.  

There are some really good songs on the album.  I'm glad he included 30 Hours, that beat reminds me of some Miami blowcaine shit.

There will most definitely be a boot if Yeezus was bootlegged.  I think it'f kind of funny he's complaining about being broke, but only releasing this on a service a lot of people really won't sign up for.  Kanye West Ideas

Yeah, I'm certain a bootleg will pop up on vinyl-digital in a few months. I just hope they use the first cover, the "WHICH ONE" version is atrocious.

I miss the old test press, straight from the 'Go test press.

Check on the sound test press, spin that around test press.

I hate the new test press, the /52 test press.

The $82 test press, straight up fuck you test press.

I miss the sweet test press, kinda' elite test press.

I must confess, at that time wanna' own that test press. 

*slow clap*