Lush - Origami (RSD 2016 Box Set)

rpm4

Seriously, don't split a box set. So lame.

Lame? I mean I'd probably be saving more this way then buying them individually. Also maybe someone likes the britpop version of Lush I don't care for but dislikes the Shoegaze sounding early albums. It would be a win for both of us if that were the case. I plan on playing them, not staring at the box, so I don't see a problem with that.

Pretty sure the point of the pizza box was to protect the actual set

According to Beggars, the outer box was "just extra packaging for shipping UK copies."

I know that some of the Canada ones got them as well. But they weren't intended as a part of the actual record. But it would have complimented the RHP box nicely on my shelve.

I rec'd my box from Sorry State yesterday. Shipped from NC to Ontario Canada. 3 of the 5 jackets have top seam splits (2-3 inches) and I think all of the inners have side seam splits. Still happy to have it. Probably wont bother seeking replacement jackets.

Also, no pizza box.

I haven't even gotten mine yet from Sorry State...

12 hours ago, jhulud said:

Why hasn't anyone here on VC who got one posted any pics?!?!

<_<

You didn't get one!? 

Finally spun everything, super happy with this boxset. Everything sounds so clear. I don't hate Lovelife as much as I did but it's still the weakest of the set, I probably won't spin it again to be honest, such a "sellout" album. Topolino has some better jams from that era of Lush though. Split is perfection, everything has aged so well. 

Not the box...and since no proper Lush thread...may as well post here. Anyone else score any of the "discovered" copies of the For Love 10" & 12" singles that 4AD had in their store a couple of weeks ago? The jackets were a bit "loved" but the records themselves were completely perfect and clean.

63D77B62-6D37-46C0-9A2C-3FAFB8BFB527.jpg

:)

16 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Not the box...and since no proper Lush thread...may as well post here. Anyone else score any of the "discovered" copies of the For Love 10" & 12" singles that 4AD had in their store a couple of weeks ago? The jackets were a bit "loved" but the records themselves were completely perfect and clean.

63D77B62-6D37-46C0-9A2C-3FAFB8BFB527.jpg

:)

Hot damn, so sick. Been wanting one for Astronaut alone. I'll pull the trigger on one eventually.