FYE have been pumping out a lot of vinyl exclusives lately, most of it is metal and hip-hop with the occasional odd balls, but some decent stuff, they got exclusive Korn, Jefferson Airplane, Greatful Dead, and some other stuff, granted some of it is overpriced, some of it is alright, and I'm sure someone here would enjoy the stuff. I'll try to update new and upcoming exclusives as they come. Hopefully people could help me contribute.

All the current exclusives: http://www.fye.com/stores/fye/fpage.jsp?id=6

Pre-orders:

Black Stone Cherry - Kentucky http://www.fye.com/s/product/4078252/#.Vsv1cnarTIU

Yo Gotti - Art Of Hustle http://www.fye.com/s/product/4072969/#.Vsv1pHarTIU

311 - S/T http://www.fye.com/s/product/4078253/#.Vsv12XarTIU

There's a slayer pre-order as well, but it's hell awaits and there's already like 40 variants of it so I'm not even gonna post it.

They had a handful of alright mainstreamy stuff if you're into reissues and paying too much.

As a hip-hop fan, I'm happy with some of the stuff they've released, like the Mac Miller and Joey Badass, both were also reasonably priced, but honestly I don't think FYE is any worse than Newbury Comics. I buy from both of them when they put out a good exclusive, but both have overpriced stuff, ex. the new pressing of Nirvana's Bleach, 40 dollars, just like the 311 album, at least with FYE you can be a member with them and get a discount.

Edit: apparently their membership costs money, a yearly payment of 25 dollars, or a monthly payment of 11.99 but you get more discounts. I guess the 25 isn't too bad, the 12 dollar one is dumb though.

Wish every single one of their stores would close.

I predict you'll get your wish in the not-too-distant future.

actually we are doing quite well as a company. believe it or not, tons of people still buy CDs and even more DVD/Blu ray. Yes unfortunately our prices are higher, however if you ever actually step foot in a store youll find almost everything in the vinyl bins has a sale price on it - exclusives especially.

i get it, it seems like we are "the man," and shit im just an associate, but all this shade throwing towards a store that only exists to help people get music and other entertainment pieces is straight up bogus.

I looked at the vinyl section in an FYE recently. If you've ever wanted to spend $50 on a very flimsy feeling Velvet Underground LP, that's where to go.

They had a handful of alright mainstreamy stuff if you're into reissues and paying too much.

The latest Weeknd album for $60. That was the highlight of my last trip to FYE.

actually we are doing quite well as a company. believe it or not, tons of people still buy CDs and even more DVD/Blu ray. Yes unfortunately our prices are higher, however if you ever actually step foot in a store youll find almost everything in the vinyl bins has a sale price on it - exclusives especially.

i get it, it seems like we are "the man," and shit im just an associate, but all this shade throwing towards a store that only exists to help people get music and other entertainment pieces is straight up bogus.

You know, after I read your post I looked up FYE's financial statement online totally expecting it to be a mess, but you're right - it's actually not too bad. They have very little debt and actually turn a small profit.

Must be more of a market for Hunger Games pint glasses than I realized.

You know, after I read your post I looked up FYE's financial statement online totally expecting it to be a mess, but you're right - it's actually not too bad. They have very little debt and actually turn a small profit.

Must be more of a market for Hunger Games pint glasses than I realized.

I'm sure Funko POPs have helped a lot, too. My store has a whole wall of them.

I've constantly shopped at FYE for as long as I can remember. They always have great "used deals" and if you actually take time to look, they have a lot of stuff on sale at decent prices too.

Vinyl prices are a different story though. It's not too bad if you have some stuff to trade in for store credit though.