PO :: SUICIDE SILENCE - The Cleansing (Reissue)

Guest Secular Haze

20160412_104915_zpszmo9mgdw.jpg

Best looking gold record I own. Wow haha it looks like melted gold. I'm happy the way this turned out

So happy to own this finally..especially since Destruction of a Statue is on it.

That's looking grand, it does look like melted gold, hehe! Destruction of a Statue is probably my favourite Suicide Silence track.. such a banger.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 3:15 PM, Han Solo said:

I don't feel like making a new thread, but No Time To Bleed and The Black Crown are getting repressed!

2lxcnz9.jpg

http://merchnow.com/products/263391/the-black-crown-red

11qqqsx.jpg

http://merchnow.com/products/263392/no-time-to-bleed-red

Went to preorder No Time To Bleed and the cheapest shipping is $13. I'll wait.

Edited by Mattiktpq

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Secular Haze said:

Great question. The orange from the last pressing was /300 and you are able to add 999 to the cart (or more). 

that's why I was wondering, I didn't know if they "found" more of the /300...but it let me add 1000 to my cart.

regardless, $17 shipped is great for the album and sold my previous one like a dummy, so bought.

Edited by KingTacoMunster

50 minutes ago, Secular Haze said:

I haven't enjoyed all of their work.  But, The Cleansing is a deathcore classic IMO.

It's the Deathcore part...

If they dropped the core and added metal...they'd probably be one of my favorite bands to be honest with you...they were 88% of the way there as it was.

On 1/11/2018 at 11:31 AM, Battra said:

It's the Deathcore part...

If they dropped the core and added metal...they'd probably be one of my favorite bands to be honest with you...they were 88% of the way there as it was.

Who the fuck gives a shit. It’s one of the heaviest records of the era, and you yourself said it was good. I don’t understand how a sub-sub-genre classification (which is 99% bullshit anyway) is deterring you from buying it. It’s metal, regardless of the adjective before it. 

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Who the fuck gives a shit. It’s one of the heaviest records of the era, and you yourself said it was good. I don’t understand how a sub-sub-genre classification (which is 99% bullshit anyway) is deterring you from buying it. It’s metal, regardless of the adjective before it. 

I mean, I'm pretty sure he's not saying it's the subgenre as a label itself that's putting him off, but rather the elements in SS's sound that fall under the 'core' umbrella. If you can't tell the difference between deathcore and deathmetal then that's on you, its a pretty easy distinction to make and hence why they are two clearly demarcated sub-genres of metal music - you can be a fan of death metal and not deathcore, as I'm sure many people including myself are. 

On 1/13/2018 at 7:37 AM, throughbeingcruel said:

1. Who gives a shit? Me, as it's my money.

2. Deathcore is fine for 3 to 4 minutes at a time.

3. Same with Grindcore.

4. Same with Metalcore.

Those core sub genres, they aren't anything I'd want to listen to for more than a song or two. I thought the same thing about when I saw The Black Dhalia Murder open for King MF Diamond back, back in the way back.

Heaviest =/= BEST....or even good.

On 1/13/2018 at 8:43 AM, MrMatt767 said:

I mean, I'm pretty sure he's not saying it's the subgenre as a label itself that's putting him off, but rather the elements in SS's sound that fall under the 'core' umbrella. If you can't tell the difference between deathcore and deathmetal then that's on you, its a pretty easy distinction to make and hence why they are two clearly demarcated sub-genres of metal music - you can be a fan of death metal and not deathcore, as I'm sure many people including myself are. 

Bingo.

Add some solos, change up the vocals a bit...and I'm a giant fan of Suicide Silence...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...