PO: Maylene & The Sons of Disaster (SMLXL Vinyl)

mmhmm

Maylene and the Sons of Disaster's first album on split red/yellow vinyl through Superfan Vinyl:

http://www.superfanvinyl.com/products/maylene-the-sons-of-disaster-lp-split-red-yellow-preorder-expected-ship-date-late-june-2016

Also, there's a pressing for Chasing Victory's "Fiends" album here:

http://www.superfanvinyl.com/products/chasing-victory-fiends-lp-pre-order-expected-ship-date-late-june-2016

Edited by mmhmm

Never ordered something so quickly. I didn't think Fiends would ever happen.

I know nothing about this label... However, judging by some of their previous releases.. I'm assuming they now own the Mono Vs Stereo Catalog?

Anyone own anything else from them and know how their pressings sound?

Never ordered something so quickly. I didn't think Fiends would ever happen.

I know nothing about this label... However, judging by some of their previous releases.. I'm assuming they now own the Mono Vs Stereo Catalog?

Anyone own anything else from them and know how their pressings sound?

Superfan is the vinyl imprint for Gotee Records...and Mono vs. Stereo was a Gotee imprint label, as well--so there's the connection.  They master their releases for vinyl and they sound very good--none of that CD-direct-to-vinyl crap.  Very happy with the records I've bought from them in the past. 

Just listened through the album at work in my office : 

1. I'm fairly certain some of my fellow workers are somewhat scared of me now

2. I'm now even MORE excited

This is album is brutal. Had forgotten all the sick southern riffs and breakdowns. And cant wait to blast this in my living room and feel the freaking floor shake

II and III are both under ferret records which is defunct, I believe. Anyone know what happened to them? Someone told me that they are/were somehow involved with good fight or something like that..

It's been said that Ferret sold out. Not quite sure to what extent other than WB buying a share of the label. The band I used to work for got an offer to be signed by Ferret right before they [Ferret] were ending, but signed to Good Fight as it was getting off the ground. Paul Conroy and Carl Severson (who used to run / work for Ferret / WB) started Good Fight Entertainment / Music. I know Carl and I've always been curious to ask him the full story of what happened.

Dallas said (back in early 2015) that they would record a new album, and in Nov. they said they were working on it. It'll probably be an independent release.

Maybe getting in bed with WB is what caused them to say 'fuck it', close down Ferret, and start new.