PO: Maylene & The Sons of Disaster (SMLXL Vinyl)

mmhmm

4 hours ago, mossy said:

Oh right on! I just hope it happens. I am real curious on how this new one will sound compared to IV. That megadeaf tour they did a couple years back with He is Legend and Wilson was insane.

Lot of crazy shit was going down St. Louis around this time so I decided against going AND I'm still kicking myself in the ass for it.

On August 1, 2016 at 4:22 AM, Dave Grohl said:

Anyone see them when Schuylar filled in on vocals? It was fucking awesome. Then getting to see them with He Is Legend was the perfect next step.

The only time I saw Maylene was when Schuylar filled in. Idk how I missed this but just placed my order 

1 hour ago, Family Friendly Rap God said:

The only time I saw Maylene was when Schuylar filled in. Idk how I missed this but just placed my order 

The last time I saw Maylene was in SLC a couple years ago (I think it was their last major tour). He Is Legend was headlining. I crowd surfed to the front during 'Tough As John Jacobs', Dallas held out the mic, I grabbed it with two hands, he grabbed my hands and pulled me in. I ended up chipping my front tooth on the mic as he pulled me in and I was screaming my lungs out. I stayed floating there as I sung a couple lines with him. It was so much fun. I will never get it fixed cause of the story from it. Haha. It was funny cause his eyes got really big as the mic hit my face, and then started to smile as we sung since I didn't give a fuck. Haha.

damn, Dave. That's a badass story! The first time I saw maylene was when they co-headlined the scream the prayer tour (back when Dallas decided to have a baby face for awhile haha). To sum it up, people were having a good ol hootenanny that night. Right after that set I went and saw lightning bolt play a killer set two blocks over. 

Good thing it sounds FUCKING AWESOME. God damn I love this album so much. So glad to finally have it on wax. No pops, skips, or cracks on my end. Everything is really warm, and raw. The disc is thin, the packaging is light, but damn the sound is all there. You guys are gonna be happy.

3 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Good thing it sounds FUCKING AWESOME. God damn I love this album so much. So glad to finally have it on wax. No pops, skips, or cracks on my end. Everything is really warm, and raw. The disc is thin, the packaging is light, but damn the sound is all there. You guys are gonna be happy.

Hoping mine comes Monday. Going to see how much stuff falls off the walls when I crank up "Hell On The Rise"

11 hours ago, Fridge Fox said:

Same story. Jacked up mailer, bent sleeve, slightly warped. Sounds great but it's a shame they made no effort to ship them properly. 

I thought I was the only one.. my mailer was literally bent in half, media and all. they were cool about sending a replacement but it didn't make up for it finally being in my hands... and destroyed