There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

Welcome to what's happening. I really don't have an opinion but I'm not shocked by what's about to happen. Some people want serious change. Some people want to keep things the way they are. I think for the first time in a while something might actually change. And people are freaked out. People are voting for these people.

Goes to show you how little anyone's word matters if everyone else is approving of candidates people don't approve of.

That's what's so great about Trump -- he's just saying what ~20% of the country wants to hear, and he doesn't really care how it sounds as long as they vote for him.  If he ends up being elected (or even if he ends up being the nominee), who knows what he'll start saying?  I'm pretty sure he's said something on both sides of ~every issue, so it's a toss-up.

In any case, this campaign season has been great to watch.  With Rubio and Cruz both winning states tonight, I'm sure both will stay in the race for a long time, all while Trump continues to win the majority of states (with only ~40% of the vote).  Then, come convention time, the GOP will be a hot mess trying to figure out how to nominate someone other than Trump.  While I'm sure this will be (and has been) embarrassing for the US internationally, if it results in the implosion of the GOP, I'll consider it worth it.

Not like "I'm moving to Canada if Bush wins again!" terrified. Legit "We're fucked and all gonna die" terrified.

To be fair his Foreign Policy is leaps and bounds more civil compared to Hillary's, all joking aside there will legitimately be more lives lost if she becomes president.

I'm not even going to vote this election. The right person for the job dropped out of the race after the Iowa Caucus. Just gonna watch this shitshow unfold and hope for the best.

Just as expected, Hays County (South of Austin) and Travis County (Austin) were the only counties in Texas

Bernie Sanders won the Democratic votes in, but of course it didn't stand a chance against the rest of

conservative Texas. I'm furthering everyone's stance in here as I'm seriously frightened too y'all.

I like that he thinks him and Putin would be buds and how he thinks China is a bunch of spies that steal our jobs. I thought we just sent them over there, looking at you Apple. And he wants the Mexican population to build a wall to keep themselves out. But srsly he's a moron and his foreign policy is dumb. I'm worried.

Not happy with Trump or Hillary, but I would vote Trump over that lying scumbag any day!

ehhh Trump has lied plenty. Key example would be saying he witnessed thousands of people in NJ cheering as the WTC buildings came down. He was apparently the only person ever to see this. He just says shit to bubble up emotions.

To a kid who has lived his whole life in Canada, American politics (presidential campaigns/races) is the funniest thing ever.  With the dems, at least their debates are focused on real issues, and remain civil.  But the GOP debates?  Holy shit.  How ANYONE can take any of those people seriously is beyond me.  WAY fucking beyond me.  It's like watching reality television. They walk onto the stage like it's wrestlemania or some shit, and proceed to yell and laugh at each other about nonsense for hours on end.  It looks like immature children who constantly have to get the last word in.   Then they say stupid shit like "We shouldn't have a president who doesn't begin his day with a prayer".  blah blah blah...

If Trump is elected, would any of you actually consider moving to Canada?  Or do you guys just say that?

He's even ruined Home Alone 2.

ehhh Trump has lied plenty. Key example would be saying he witnessed thousands of people in NJ cheering as the WTC buildings came down. He was apparently the only person ever to see this. He just says shit to bubble up emotions.

That is fucking insane. He is a lunatic. Is he quoted anywhere as saying this? This is real top drawer dictator-in-the-making stuff.

To a kid who has lived his whole life in Canada, American politics (presidential campaigns/races) is the funniest thing ever. With the dems, at least their debates are focused on real issues, and remain civil. But the GOP debates? Holy shit. How ANYONE can take any of those people seriously is beyond me. WAY fucking beyond me. It's like watching reality television. They walk onto the stage like it's wrestlemania or some shit, and proceed to yell and laugh at each other about nonsense for hours on end. It looks like immature children who constantly have to get the last word in. Then they say stupid shit like "We shouldn't have a president who doesn't begin his day with a prayer". blah blah blah...

If Trump is elected, would any of you actually consider moving to Canada? Or do you guys just say that?

I don't see Trump as that much worse than Bush and the country survived that, so no.

He's even ruined Home Alone 2.

That is fucking insane. He is a lunatic. Is he quoted anywhere as saying this? This is real top drawer dictator-in-the-making stuff.

"There were people that were cheering on the other side of New Jersey, where you have large Arab populations. They were cheering as the World Trade Center came down," Trump said on Sunday. "I know it might be not politically correct for you to talk about it, but there were people cheering as that building came down — as those buildings came down. And that tells you something. It was well-covered at the time."

"I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down, and I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down,” he said.

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-new-jersey-cheering-9-11-2015-11