There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

To me this whole Trump thing is almost like an experiment on what American's really do think and want. Like that experiment where they gave people the option to shock people. And over half the people did shock the person with 450 volts. Are people saying he's really horrible and don't support his topics but really do support some of them silently? Who feels comfortable saying all illegals should be deported and all the other crap he's promoting? Probably not many. But maybe they're just shy on speaking what they really think in public and are voting for him anyway.

That's really the only explanation I can think of. The majority of conversations I hear and read think he's nuts. So where are all these supporters coming from?

That doesn't explain caucuses though. You have to publicly state and hang out in a room all day for the person you want to win. You can't hide behind a voting booth in that case.

To me this whole Trump thing is almost like an experiment on what American's really do think and want. Like that experiment where they gave people the option to shock people. And over half the people did shock the person with 450 volts. Are people saying he's really horrible and don't support his topics but really do support some of them silently? Who feels comfortable saying all illegals should be deported and all the other crap he's promoting? Probably not many. But maybe they're just shy on speaking what they really think in public and are voting for him anyway.

That's really the only explanation I can think of. The majority of conversations I hear and read think he's nuts. So where are all these supporters coming from?

It's the people that aren't involved in these conversations; the people that are ignorant and don't use the internet. These are the people supporting him.  The hate mongers that are still trying to cling on to "Good 'ole 'Merica"

It's the people that aren't involved in these conversations; the people that are ignorant and don't use the internet. These are the people supporting him.  The hate mongers that are still trying to cling on to "Good 'ole 'Merica"

Not according to the exit polls. He wins across the board, all demographics and walks of life. It doesnt make any sense.

most people talking about applying for a canadian visa wouldn't even be accepted because they can't meet or successfully complete the skilled worker tests. not to mention not being able to afford the application fees and/or relocation expenses. it sounds cool tho.

Never thought I'd come home from school and see such an awesome discussion on this...Yay VC

I still have no idea what is happening (my parents are both Trump supporters but at least I know there are some sane people in the world. I'm Bernie all the way as of right now...

I keep hoping Trump says something that upsets the masses but I don't know what else he could really say other than we are going to put people into concentration camps...even then I think people would still support him....It's just madness

I love Hillary Clinton cackling "We need to make America 'whole' again" when all she preaches is class warfare division politics - hypocrite/liar

Exactly. Oddly enough only Bernie and Trump, the so-called outsiders, have mentioned in their speeches that they want and need to reach across the aisle to unify. Now whether that would happen or not is a different story, but Hillary has never offered that. Nor has Cruz or Rubio from what I've seen. No wonder voter turnout for Bernie and Trump has been high. Two people, two different sets of ideas, but both giving the finger to the Establishment.

I love reading political comments online and trying to figure out who someone actually supports.  For instance, anti-Hillary and anti-Trump comments could come from ~anyone, but I'm never sure how to respond...

As far as I'm concerned, Hillary ≥ Bernie >> Trump > Rubio > Cruz, but I can easily see how some conservatives would have the opposite.  I have nothing really against Bernie (I like a lot of his ideas), he just doesn't seem "presidential" (e.g., I can't imagine Bernie Sanders having a meeting with Putin).

this is, by definition, discrimination.

In what way?  Because he's not polished and doesn't present himself as well as Hillary?  Because I don't ultimately see Bernie as a President?

I assume Hillary and Bernie agree on ~99% of the issues, but I believe that Hillary is better at being a politician (e.g., being able to appeal to a broader range of voters, not just the uber liberals) and that Hillary has more relevant experience (e.g., First Lady, Senator, Secretary of State, etc.).  In my opinion, she has skills he doesn't have -- in addition to having similar beliefs -- and that's why I support her.

On a side note, Bernie's been in Washington for... how long?  25 years?  Why hasn't he already passed free tuition and free insurance or dealt with government corruption?

he's denounced it like 5 times.

"keep the lie going long enough...."

can't you see how transparent that is though? if it were me (and i know most people would do the same) being asked about a racist terrorist organization's former leader, i'd spend no time dancing around whether i've heard of the person or not. a racist endorsed me? no, not accepting the endorsement, what he stands for is disgusting and unethical, my beliefs do not align with his, etc. done deal. who cares if i've never heard of them (which was also a lie on trumps part)? and blaming it on a faulty ear piece after regurgitating everything jake tapper said in his question? cmon, now.

bernie took no time at all to clap back at shkreli regarding his donation. he said he doesn't want his support and donated the money to charity. he also denounced the "bernie bros" calling them sexist instantly.