There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

On May 6, 2016 at 10:21 AM, thefavoriteplay said:

What I find funny is Trump's detractors can't understand his rise in popularity. He really is a hodgepodge / Frankenstein candidate. 

The liberals hate him and the conservative right wing establishment hates him. 

He rose in popularity on an America First type platform and took the mantle of defending the disinfranchised conservative voter.

-The last couple of years have been nothing but divide-and-conqure politics coming from this White House. Especially with the George Soros led Black Lives Matter. Now the new trend is "White Privilege." Give me a break.

-Conservatives over the last few years are constantly labeled with trendy SJW words to diminish their beliefs: bigot, homophobe, racist, misogynist etc. When conservatives are not those things, the words just stifle debate and shut down people.

-When Obama was first elected he went on an apology tour, Trump promotes America.

-Many Republican voters are sick of the Republican establishment and not sticking true to their words.

-The Trump campaign, I believe, is an extreme offshoot of the Tea Party, because that became co-opted by the Republican Establishment.

-The hype around "building a wall" comes from the fact voters have been promised a fix to the border since Reagan and nothing ever happens. 

-Liberals are outraged Trump would ban (temporarily) Muslim immigrants. While the American people can see what the military aged Muslim immigrants are doing in other countries. 

-Muslim radicals detest what Liberals are all about yet Liberals defend them all of the time - ridiculous. 

-Trump does not want a war with Russia - Hillary and the War Hawk Right does. 

-Trump claims when he gets in he will destroy ISIS quickly and not expand a war for years like Bush and Obama have done.

-Voters are sick of war and Trump sounds like he is not a War hawk. 

-His claim from the beginning is that he was self funding. Even though that seems to have changed unfortunately. 

All in all, he could act more mature and be more courteous. 

I don't think Trump has anything to do with the Tea Party movement or conservatism in general. He's just a professional panderer obsessed with "winning" who doesn't really have any principles 

Illegal immigration is dope as fuck.

I mean that seriously. These people are willing to sneak into our country, why would they want to fuck it up? Let's welcome them with open arms, make them pay taxes like the rest of us, and then provide things like healthcare, education, and food to everyone that's here. That sounds America as fuck.

War is bad. Helping Americans is dope. Don't cry about having to pay taxes, yell until they're allocated properly.

Not to mention immigration rates are on the decline and several sources show the number of Mexicans illegally coming to the US has actually been net-negative in recent years. That's what blows my mind about the whole wall thing - they're leaving on their own!

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/19/more-mexicans-leaving-than-coming-to-the-u-s/

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Illegal immigration is dope as fuck.

I mean that seriously. These people are willing to sneak into our country, why would they want to fuck it up? Let's welcome them with open arms, make them pay taxes like the rest of us, and then provide things like healthcare, education, and food to everyone that's here. That sounds America as fuck.

War is bad. Helping Americans is dope. Don't cry about having to pay taxes, yell until they're allocated properly.

hTgTfPE.png

1 hour ago, AlexH. said:

Not to mention immigration rates are on the decline and several sources show the number of Mexicans illegally coming to the US has actually been net-negative in recent years. That's what blows my mind about the whole wall thing - they're leaving on their own!

http://www.pewhispanic.org/2015/11/19/more-mexicans-leaving-than-coming-to-the-u-s/

mexicans only make up around half of the illegal immigrants coming into the USA. don't be racist and assume all illegal immigrants are mexican.

source: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/11/19/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

there are 11.3 million illegal immigrants currently in the USA (~350k per year) and that number is not on the decline, it has remained stable for the past 5 or so years.

source: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/07/22/unauthorized-immigrant-population-stable-for-half-a-decade/

also, it is speculated by the same research center that a large reason for any decline of certain demographics was our recent recession. you know, the one that was brought about by the collusion of crooked politicians and mega corps. housing bubble burst, auto bailouts, bank bailouts, education/infrastructure cuts, etc.

I posed this question earlier in this thread and I'll rehash a bit. Who is voting this this guy? Well turns out a lot of people. And if you go back and reread this thread from the start, it goes from fuck this guy to well maybe I agree with some of his points. And it also shows you that no matter how many protesters there are and how many threads people write, it really does nothing to sway the majority of the people. I guess in the 60s-90s it might have. But this country is at a big crossroads. The conventional ways of doing anything are over. People rallied against this guy and made news but really, in the long run, it did nothing. He won. They lost.

I'm not for anyone in this election but I find it fascinating how this is turning out. Part of me wants to say, just burn everything down and start over (Trump). But I'm also worried and maybe want to keep things status quo (Clinton). Either way, I'm in for the ride. When you have a debate about guys peeing in a womens bathroom, you know something has to give.

On May 6, 2016 at 11:21 AM, thefavoriteplay said:

-Muslim radicals detest what Liberals are all about yet Liberals defend them all of the time - ridiculous. 

This is the only point I'll put time into. This is so insanely stupid. Of course people aren't defending the rights of radical Muslims and terrorists, I can't think of a single person that is. Standing for the rights of the average everyday Muslim in the face of impending tyranny is very different. But this is typical smoke in mirrors tactics: make a gross exaggeration to avoid a rational look at the actual facts. 

2 hours ago, jerseydave77 said:

This is the only point I'll put time into. This is so insanely stupid. Of course people aren't defending the rights of radical Muslims and terrorists, I can't think of a single person that is. Standing for the rights of the average everyday Muslim in the face of impending tyranny is very different. But this is typical smoke in mirrors tactics: make a gross exaggeration to avoid a rational look at the actual facts. 

i encourage women and the LGBT community to live in areas dominated by your average everyday muslim and report back. genuinely interested in hearing about your experiences.

23 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

What about Christians who are hostile towards LGBT people? I think that's a much bigger problem in America. In fact the Muslims I've known have been far more progressive than most of the Christians I've known.

what about them? they exist. and although they may be hostile they don't support sharia law, which hands out punishments like gay flogging or the stoning to death of women who have been raped. 

source: http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Arlandson/homosexual.htm

a personal anecdote of the muslims you have encountered does not make your average everyday muslim more tolerant of rights for women and LGBT folk. in fact, your average everyday muslim supports sharia law.

source: http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

There are shitty people of every religion, race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. There are good people in all of them too

agreed. that doesn't make sharia law any less awful. and i personally think it should have no place in a society that values peace, tolerance, and acceptance.

5 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Let's not get into a debate about which religion is the worst here. There are shitty people of every religion, race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. There are good people in all of them too

This is basically what I was going for.

I am completely against any kind of religious law. But to say your "average every day Muslim" in America deserves less than treatment is fucked up and wrong. Dude is trying to twist antimuslim sentiment into some kind of defense of LGBT people.

10 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Dude is trying to twist antimuslim sentiment into some kind of defense of LGBT people.

i'm not anti muslim. i'm anti sharia law, which is barbaric and outdated. i'm also against the persecution of LGBT people. i'm against the persecution of all people. 

sharia law persecutes LGBT people, and women, and people in general. i think that is what @thefavoriteplay was getting at.

I'd like to say first off, I never said "all Muslims" I said radical Muslims are dangerous. But let me apologize, I totally forgot Christians were killing homosexuals en masse by throwing them off the roofs of buildings or stoning them to death or beheading them etc.....oh wait Christians don't do that. If anything Christians talk against the way someone lives their life but they do not end others lives.