There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Via CNN:

Cn8cTViWAAA3sd7.jpg

The bottom-left panel is the most telling -- there's no way that 60% of Americans believe Trump will move the country in the right direction, so you know from the outset that these results are not representative of the country as a whole.  I'm not even sure 60% of Republicans thought going into the speech that his policies would move the country in the right direction.

In other words, your probability of watching Trump's speech is not independent of your pre-speech probability of voting for Trump or your party ~affiliation, and I hope that the CNN commentators made sure to emphasize that when they showed these results.

That said, I watched his speech, and I loved his shout-out to the "LG [pause] BT [shrug] Q" community.

13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So this whole Debbie Wasserman Schultz thing....

the leaked DNC emails prove that hillary, the DNC, and major news outlets (NBC, CBS, etc...) conspired together to ensure the nomination went to hillary and not bernie. SAD!

although i disagree with comrade bernie on many things, i think it's important to have a fair platform to nominate candidates for office. truly a rigged system.

20 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

the leaked DNC emails prove that hillary, the DNC, and major news outlets (NBC, CBS, etc...) conspired together to ensure the nomination went to hillary and not bernie. SAD!

although i disagree with comrade bernie on many things, i think it's important to have a fair platform to nominate candidates for office. truly a rigged system.

I like how much this sounds like Trump wrote it. 

2 hours ago, batman said:

I'd almost rather have Trump than Clinton. Almost. 

I said early in the primaries that I'd take Trump if we just made a social contract that republicans would shut up for 4 years.  I'm so sick of people ragging on Obama and I don't know if I can deal with another 8 years of liberal hate on my facebook feed.  And Trump presidency might give the Trevor Noah Daily Show that kick it's been needing to be good.

I honestly wouldn't bet on him winning.  Michael Moore's thinking it's going to happen.  But the only person we've seen him debate that was even halfway rational was Jeb Bush, and Trump consistently got his ass handed to him.  When Trump and Clinton take the stage, Clinton's just going to wipe the floor with him.

4 hours ago, nancy_raygun said:

When Trump and Clinton take the stage, Clinton's just going to wipe the floor with him.

hillary has serious problems with unscripted questions. she only has somewhat of a chance if she's given all of the talking points in advance (a real possibility considering the money she has riding on this election). she's just too out of touch with reality. she also might have another seizure. bring on the debates! 

ZV1cxn.gif

5 hours ago, WAXXX said:

hillary has serious problems with unscripted questions. she only has somewhat of a chance if she's given all of the talking points in advance (a real possibility considering the money she has riding on this election). she's just too out of touch with reality. she also might have another seizure. bring on the debates! 

The Donald obviously has a problem with them since he's alienated most people from all the shit he's said about women and hispanics thus far.