There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

15 minutes ago, Tidal Wave said:

Hatred divided this country and trump capitalized on it. 

This.

The Democrats (not specifically Obama) did not help the situation.  They basically ignored a huge group of disenfranchised people because their belief's were not compatible.  Those people came out in droves and voted.

All people deserve to be heard, regardless of how much you disagree with their perspective.  If people feel like they have no voice they will team up with the first person who gives them one.

EDIT:  The truth is (to a lesser extent) that the Republican's ignored these same people before Trump.  You can't really point fingers at one person or group and say it's their fault.  The system as a whole is not adequate.

Edited by daegor

1 hour ago, kgry said:

I'd have to go back and find the tweets but a lot said that earlier in the election. Not last night.  Probably because they didn't think this would happen.

I looked it up for you.  Ones that seemed serious include Bryan Cranston, Lena Dunham, Neve Campbell (who actually is from Canada), Chelsea Handler, and maybe Whoopi Goldberg.  The rest of what I've seen are definitely people talking in jest.

1 hour ago, WAXXX said:

well, california, nevada, and massachusetts just legalized pot.

I can't believe California had medical for 20 years before legalizing. Strange that Nevada legalized because when I lived in SoCal in 2011-12, Nevada was really strict on their medical restrictions. 

3 hours ago, Sidney Crosley said:

I'm a bit relieved that we didn't see the extremist militant response to a Hillary win. I'm sure nearly every Republican would have mostly posted memes on Facebook, but the few heavily armed ones posed a legit risk, especially if Trump didn't concede. 

I bet you there will be Riots from the the Left soon. That should be interesting. 

4 hours ago, nancy_raygun said:

I looked it up for you.  Ones that seemed serious include Bryan Cranston, Lena Dunham, Neve Campbell (who actually is from Canada), Chelsea Handler, and maybe Whoopi Goldberg.  The rest of what I've seen are definitely people talking in jest.

So fleeing a country because of political crisis isn't ok.... unless you're American

We dont want none of y'all, you made your bed, now sleep in it. :lol:

10 hours ago, DafTyler said:

So fleeing a country because of political crisis isn't ok.... unless you're American

We dont want none of y'all, you made your bed, now sleep in it. :lol:

The people who want to leave are not Trump supporters, and it is generally Trump supporters who are against immigration / letting in refugees, so I'm not really sure who/what your comment is about.

22 minutes ago, jacobraccuia said:

The people who want to leave are not Trump supporters, and it is generally Trump supporters who are against immigration / letting in refugees, so I'm not really sure who/what your comment is about.

I think, and I may be going out on a limb here...but I think it was a joke. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, jacobraccuia said:

The people who want to leave are not Trump supporters, and it is generally Trump supporters who are against  ILLEGAL immigration / letting in refugees, so I'm not really sure who/what your comment is about.

not a Trump supporter but isn't that obvious that most are against illegal immigration? 

23 hours ago, WAXXX said:

well, california, nevada, and massachusetts just legalized pot.

AZ was the only one to not pass this, its insane to me. But we passed the increase in minimum wage up $4 over the next 4 years, which will result in lay offs for many small, and large, businesses. Could have legalized pot and created thousands of new jobs but noooooo. School districts here are worried that by 2020 when the wage increase finishes that they will need upwards of an extra million dollars per year to cover the increase. Legal weed would have provided up to 55 million for schools every year, definitely would have softened the blow big time. Stupid AZ. I'm in the irrigation industry, that would have been massive for me. Arpaio is gone though thank god, now maybe Conor Oberst will come back to AZ at some point.

Edited by kjkenney

17 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

Rosie might be one of the few that would legitimately benefit by leaving the country during Trump presidency.  He's still holds a crazy weird grudge against that lady.

In a campaign defined by insanity, one of the most truly insane things Trump did was to, all but unprompted, point out that most of the awful misogynist things that he's publicly stated were directed at Rosie O'Donnell, and that she deserved it and that no one feels sorry for her. It was part of his closing statement during a presidential debate. Dude is so thin-skinned I just assume his blood is orange.