There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

9 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Well. Today has my first personal experience with a very aggro Trump Loyalist. The number of racial slurs hurled my way still have my head spinning. And what really boggles my mind is that I introduced myself as JUAN and even changed my accent during our "conversation", and he still went off the rails on "illegal aliens" and "stomping on immigrants' heads" and "now that Trump is here, he will deport all these people finally."

:(

Edited by daegor

if your health goes up each year (which it does) then raises should be mandatory. 

there also needs to be a rule on deduction pay grade ranges. here's my office breakdown. 

under 49k - same amount taken out.

50-99,999 - same amount

100k-150k - same amount

etc

soooo fucked up. someone making 50k has $300 a month taken out. so does the guy making 99,999k. 

So here's the thing.  A lot of the counter-arguments to the things Trump said during his campaign (by his supporters) amounted to "it's just words" and then end with an attack on Hillary. Bigotry was excused, misogyny and sexual assault were excused, xenophobia was excused, and ignorance and lies were excused.  

And because too many people didn't make Trump accountable for his words, this, at the very least, is what we are going to have for the next four years, - misinformation:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/18/donald-trump-takes-credit-saving-ford-factory-not-closing

1 hour ago, Mars said:

So here's the thing.  A lot of the counter-arguments to the things Trump said during his campaign (by his supporters) amounted to "it's just words" and then end with an attack on Hillary. Bigotry was excused, misogyny and sexual assault were excused, xenophobia was excused, and ignorance and lies were excused.  

And because too many people didn't make Trump accountable for his words, this, at the very least, is what we are going to have for the next four years, - misinformation:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/nov/18/donald-trump-takes-credit-saving-ford-factory-not-closing

Curious to hear what points you to conclude Trump was a bigot or xenophobic, or misogynist for that matter 

These news stories about dumb kids doing dumb kid bullshit is a by-product of their personal living conditions. This type of hatred has been ingrained in them for years, not over the last couple weeks. Let's place the blame where it actually belongs, on their shitty parents.

32 minutes ago, FlippingOut said:

Curious to hear what points you to conclude Trump was a bigot or xenophobic, or misogynist for that matter 

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Right? That article had nothing to do with any of those claims.

No this story does not have to do that.  It has to do with Trump not being held accountable for all the lies that he told, so we are going to continue to see him lie as president.  He has falsely claimed that he stopped something from occurring which he in fact did not, nor were there plans for it to occur.  It was the same all the way through his campaign - lie after lie, without any accountability.

If you don't believe that Trump is a bigot, xenophobe or misogynist by now, you haven't been listening. I'm not going to try to convince you - I fall into the group @rds categorizes as 'too lazy' to prove it. I find it ironic that so many Trump supporters keeps saying 'prove it' when it comes to any criticism of him and others in his camp, but don't doubt the claims that he makes, which are easily proven false.

6 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

crap. kanye west is now a white supremacist too.

Are you sure he wasn't just booed for being Kanye?

15 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

crap. kanye west is now a white supremacist too.

I laughed.

Brings up an important point.  I don't think Trump is a white supremacist, or the majority of his voters.  If Bannon isn't then he certainly associates with them and their ideals.

50% of the US is not racist, homophobic, xenophobic, etc.  But if you are encouraging a rhetoric that gives validation to those that ARE, then you are contributing to a society that is racist, homophobic, xenophobic, etc.  You don't have to be a bad person to let bad things happen.

EDIT:  To be clear, "50% of the US is not ...", I'm not saying 50% is and 50% isn't.  I'm saying that people are assuming all Trump supporters are racist... etc etc, that's simply not true.

Edited by daegor

AND

I should add.... to be my own devil's advocate....

Had Trump not won, it's not like any of this would be any different.  His platform gave people a voice, but he didn't put the words in their mouths....  The problem exists regardless of who is in charge.  It's a matter of what you're doing about the problem.  I'd honestly say I don't know that Hillary would have done anything about it, non-racist/non-homophobic/non-xenophobic America would have continued to pretend everything is fine for another four years.

Edited by daegor

1 hour ago, Mars said:

No this story does not have to do that.  It has to do with Trump not being held accountable for all the lies that he told, so we are going to continue to see him lie as president.  He has falsely claimed that he stopped something from occurring which he in fact did not, nor were there plans for it to occur.  It was the same all the way through his campaign - lie after lie, without any accountability.

If you don't believe that Trump is a bigot, xenophobe or misogynist by now, you haven't been listening. I'm not going to try to convince you - I fall into the group @rds categorizes as 'too lazy' to prove it. I find it ironic that so many Trump supporters keeps saying 'prove it' when it comes to any criticism of him and others in his camp, but don't doubt the claims that he makes, which are easily proven false.

Are you sure he wasn't just booed for being Kanye?

I totally get where you're coming from, and I'm not a Trump supporter in any way.

That said, if you were the owner of a large corporation who had plans to move a factory out of the country, taking away jobs from the "everyman" who has now learned how to express their distaste with the establishment...wouldn't you say, "we never had any plans to do that," as soon as you could?

I'm not saying the article is wrong, Trunp has some grandiose ideas about what he does and doesn't influence, but that's the first thought that pops into my head. Ford could very well just be trying to save face.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

2 hours ago, daegor said:

I laughed.

Brings up an important point.  I don't think Trump is a white supremacist, or the majority of his voters.  If Bannon isn't then he certainly associates with them and their ideals.

50% of the US is not racist, homophobic, xenophobic, etc.  But if you are encouraging a rhetoric that gives validation to those that ARE, then you are contributing to a society that is racist, homophobic, xenophobic, etc.  You don't have to be a bad person to let bad things happen.

EDIT:  To be clear, "50% of the US is not ...", I'm not saying 50% is and 50% isn't.  I'm saying that people are assuming all Trump supporters are racist... etc etc, that's simply not true.

60 million people is not 50% of the United States population.  You (we) need to be clear when we talk about the 60 million who voted for trump, that they are 1/5th of the US population, not 1/2.

8 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

60 million people is not 50% of the United States population.  You (we) need to be clear when we talk about the 60 million who voted for trump, that they are 1/5th of the US population, not 1/2.

And 1/5 of the population is under the age of 10 and can't form their own thoughts. 

9 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

That too.

HOWEVER, keeping the bias of voter vs non-voter in mind, stats will tell you that is a large enough cross section of a populace to extrapolate the results to the portion you did not sample.

Regardless, that isn't my point.  My point was that if you voted for Trump you are not automatically a white supremacist.

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I totally get where you're coming from, and I'm not a Trump supporter in any way. . . . Ford could very well just be trying to save face.

I hear you

4 hours ago, WAXXX said:

trump can't grab a bite to eat without someone trying to hold him accountable. 

Probably didn't even have steak