There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

9 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

What is the latest on the tax release? havent been paying attention. anything to update?

Aside from him alluding to (and seemingly bragging about) not paying income tax for the last ~20 years?  "I'm under a routine audit.  You'd have to be crazy to release your tax returns while you're under audit."

In related news, Trump settled his Trump U case for $25 million...

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/18/news/trump-university-settlement/index.html

And from the big cheese himself:

"This is a case I could have settled very easily, but I don't settle cases very easily when I'm right," he said in March.

3 hours ago, harryq said:

Aside from him alluding to (and seemingly bragging about) not paying income tax for the last ~20 years?  "I'm under a routine audit.  You'd have to be crazy to release your tax returns while you're under audit."

In related news, Trump settled his Trump U case for $25 million...

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/18/news/trump-university-settlement/index.html

And from the big cheese himself:

I think it's a little different when you're president elect. You don't want to be going to court over that shit when you're actually a sitting president, and the judge very recently urged him to settle with that very argument.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I think it's a little different when you're president elect. You don't want to be going to court over that shit when you're actually a sitting president, and the judge very recently urged him to settle with that very argument.

So what are you saying?  That he did nothing wrong and just decided to pay $25 mill because it was annoying, or that our president-elect founded a fraudulent university and decided to pay $25 mill to avoid paying more?  Is this what Trump meant about being a great negotiator and always winning?

27 minutes ago, harryq said:

So what are you saying?  That he did nothing wrong and just decided to pay $25 mill because it was annoying, or that our president-elect founded a fraudulent university and decided to pay $25 mill to avoid paying more?  Is this what Trump meant about being a great negotiator and always winning?

You were calling him out for being hypocritical saying he "didn't pay out" and then paying out. Nobody said anything about him doing anything right or wrong, just saying that  of course he wants to get this shit settled before he's the president of the US. It would be stupid for him to leave this hanging when he's going to have so much going on soon.

Again, not a supporter, but I find it hard to fault him for trying to get his ducks in a row before becoming president. Did he defraud these people? Probably. But he'd be an idiot to go to court when he's president.

Edit: sorry if I'm repeating myself or not making as much sense as usual. I was on my phone and also have a concussion.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

16 hours ago, Mars said:

No this story does not have to do that.  It has to do with Trump not being held accountable for all the lies that he told, so we are going to continue to see him lie as president.  He has falsely claimed that he stopped something from occurring which he in fact did not, nor were there plans for it to occur.  It was the same all the way through his campaign - lie after lie, without any accountability.

If you don't believe that Trump is a bigot, xenophobe or misogynist by now, you haven't been listening. I'm not going to try to convince you - I fall into the group @rds categorizes as 'too lazy' to prove it. I find it ironic that so many Trump supporters keeps saying 'prove it' when it comes to any criticism of him and others in his camp, but don't doubt the claims that he makes, which are easily proven false.

Are you sure he wasn't just booed for being Kanye?

I wasn't a Trump supporter but just find these claims (racism, xenophobia, etc) to be far reaching, unless you consider having a secured border and keeping illegal undocumented immigrants from entering the country as being afraid of Mexicans. 

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

turmps not going to investigate Clinton.  LOL, he's straight up trolling hard

Calling it now that he will also go back on removing the ACA.  And pretty much of all his other totally irrational campaign promises.

I'll eat a sock if we see brick one of a wall.

Trump makes big claims. Then he re-assesses whether he actually wants to do the work to make those claims happen. It'd be great if he backpedals from his own calls for extremism but the true scary thing is placing in power those who aren't just pandering and who actually have the focus and energy to realize their 'vision'.

6 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

it amazes me that most of the mainstream fake news outlets got almost every single prediction wrong during the election and people are still going to them for predictions on how the next 4 years will play out. SAD!

Well, I mean, Trump himself has reneged on some of those, so...

4 minutes ago, daegor said:

Well, I mean, Trump himself has reneged on some of those, so...

trump is several steps ahead of the media at all times. his strategy was literally outlined 19 years ago in "The Art of the Deal" and many people still haven't caught on. you would think trump winning the presidency would be a wakeup call that he can actually deliver, but sadly no.