There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

10 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I don't mean to imply that people who don't live near the border are clueless, but @Holo does occasionally mention to me the effects it has on his community (in AZ)

I don't have the insight to say positive or negative, but it is noticeable for sure when you go certain places. I don't have an inherent problem with it, but it's pretty obvious in some parts of town. 

Not reading or fighting in here though.

5 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

So if I'm not online publicly reporting to some kid on a vinyl forum, it's not a factor for my area? 

You guys are funny. Someday many if you will grow into adulthood and open your eyes/ears.  As far as the adults that are on here, I do respect your opinion , I really do. Yet, we are all entitled to our own. 

"YOURS" (whomever is reading this) is not necessarily any more correct than mine.

I literally just said I'm not discounting your opinion

25 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I literally just said I'm not discounting your opinion

I know I was just saying in general here so I didn't get lynched. 

Not trying to discount myself either, just honestly saying I don't know enough about local politics/budget to know what the actual impact is. 

Edited by Holo

49 minutes ago, Mars said:

I've been staying away from this thread and just catching up with the last few pages reminds me why.  So I'm gonna go back out, but wanted to leave this.

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial-balloon-for-a-coup-e024990891d5#.lrnkgd22a

I hope at least some of you read this.  There is some scary shit going on behind the scenes.

Yeah, this is fucking terrifying

48 minutes ago, Holo said:

I know I was just saying in general here so I didn't get lynched. 

Not trying to discount myself either, just honestly saying I don't know enough about local politics/budget to know what the actual impact is. 

I was quoting VA not you

23 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

That mid-flight thing has been declared unconstitutional and is being resolved. That's why we have checks and balances in the US gov't.

Have you followed the news on that? Nothing's being resolved. DHS issued a statement that will continue to follow the Presidents orders and NOT the court orders. The government has so far only "clarified" that green card holders MIGHT be allowed to enter the country, if so decided by CBP/DHS. The criteria how to decide that are unknown and completely arbitrary.

Visa holders are still NOT allowed to enter the country despite court orders demanding the opposite.

To the League of Uninformed Citizens this may sound like some technical detail. But it is affecting real people. They are not allowed to go home. People who have jobs, apartments, cars, dogs and families in the US. People who have worked and payed taxes in the US for years. They suffer the consequences of a mostly illegal executive order.

4 minutes ago, DCF said:

Have you followed the news on that? Nothing's being resolved. DHS issued a statement that will continue to follow the Presidents orders and NOT the court orders. The government has so far only "clarified" that green card holders MIGHT be allowed to enter the country, if so decided by CBP/DHS. The criteria how to decide that are unknown and completely arbitrary.

Visa holders are still NOT allowed to enter the country despite court orders demanding the opposite.

To the League of Uninformed Citizens this may sound like some technical detail. But it is affecting real people. They are not allowed to go home. People who have jobs, apartments, cars, dogs and families in the US. People who have worked and payed taxes in the US for years. They suffer the consequences of a mostly illegal executive order.

Yeah, saw some stuff today about that and was really dismayed :(

On 1/29/2017 at 3:40 PM, vinyl addict said:

Exactly. It seems most people in this thread think we should be supporting the entire world, like it solely falls on our shoulders.

There's many many other countries to go to on the map. 

For this analogy to really be more spot on, person in said house would also have to inherited that house from their family, and contributed to the instability in the visitor's life that left them homeless.

Americans (including me) by and large have contributed little to nothing to this country, benefitting only from a birth lottery where we were born into the right country/circumstance.  I don't think there are great answers to the immigration question, but feeling entitled to exclude others from the American experience because we benefit from fortunate circumstances doesn't sit well with me.

EDIT: The entire quote didn't come through, I was also referring back to Macho Man's analogy about a homeless person.

Edited by jesse

3 hours ago, jesse said:

For this analogy to really be more spot on, person in said house would also have to inherited that house from their family, and contributed to the instability in the visitor's life that left them homeless.

Americans (including me) by and large have contributed little to nothing to this country, benefitting only from a birth lottery where we were born into the right country/circumstance.  I don't think there are great answers to the immigration question, but feeling entitled to exclude others from the American experience because we benefit from fortunate circumstances doesn't sit well with me.

EDIT: The entire quote didn't come through, I was also referring back to Macho Man's analogy about a homeless person.

Beyond paying taxes every year, and many of us working in needed industries...?

I'm all for legal immigration, and I don't think that not allowing people to immigrate due to religious affiliation or where they're born is ok. But  I'm not a fan of illegal immigration, simple as that.

When it comes to refugees, obviously it's a tough issue. Do I think that we should just let everyone in? No. Do I think we should let in folks who have been told they're allowed already? Sure. Do I think there needs to be a pretty stringent vetting process that makes sure that any refugees brought into the country have no wish to do us harm/will contribute in some meaningful way? Yup. (and I do understand that many of our own citizens don't contribute in a meaningful way.)

One of my big issues is that before we get out there and really start "helping" (read: interfering) in other country's issues, we should fix some of ours at home.

Obviously I don't have all the answers. If I did I'd be running for office myself, but I have opinions just like all of you and I'm as entitled to them as any you are yours.

16 hours ago, GalacticMelt said:

He restricted visas and increased vetting procedures for those seven countries noted as 'concerned countries' after increased terrorist activity. Trump is banning people flat out, big difference.

16 hours ago, GalacticMelt said:

Obama did nothing like that and that's actually proven from the documents you're like linking  to.  Obama changed these countries from lowest security level (the visa waiver program) into the second lowest category a while back.

This has nothing to with travel bans and it wouldn't make any sense, because there a several countries that are considered much more dangerous countries of origin, i.e. UAE, Saudi-Arabia. 

14 hours ago, Fungi said:

what's best way to enter america illegally and not get deported?

cross southern border (before wall, of course), get cash job really fast, and have child with american woman?

15 minutes ago, deadreckoning said:

asking for a friend?

myself. the legal channels are costly and cumbersome with extremely long wait times. on top of that, i don't have many (if any) of the specialized skill sets that the USA seems to want when choosing who gets to enter their country legally.

but life in russia is hell. i want to come to USA now, even illegally if i have to, but would like to minimize risk of getting deported. part of my plan was to arrive (through unsecured southern border, before wall) and have child with american woman. the last thing i want is to get deported from USA after all that hard work of entering country and starting family.

11 minutes ago, Fungi said:

myself. the legal channels are costly and cumbersome with extremely long wait times. on top of that, i don't have many (if any) of the specialized skill sets that the USA seems to want when choosing who gets to enter their country legally.

but life in russia is hell. i want to come to USA now, even illegally if i have to, but would like to minimize risk of getting deported. part of my plan was to arrive (through unsecured southern border, before wall) and have child with american woman. the last thing i want is to get deported from USA after all that hard work of entering country and starting family.

You may just be Putin' us on. But just in case not I shall try to answer as best as I can.

From what i gather from all the reputable news sources, the southern US border is pretty open. You should be able to breeze right in like you own the place, but watch out the sketchy hombres. I am sure some are nice, but you know those hombres, always up to mischief. If you are worried that it might not be so easy i would do some research from home.  Born in East LA should show you everything you need to know about getting in the US. I would also watch Moscow on the Hudson to see how you might adjust to life once in the US. Although it's the highest achievement of American cinema, you may want to stay away from Red Dawn (the original, not the crappy remake) - it could be distressing. Now don't discount the  Canadian border. You may already be able to see Alaska from your house. From there its a quick southerly stroll to the American border (see ELF for details), plus all the maple syrup you can fit in your pants. Of all your plans the easiest task will be to impregnate a willing  American woman [There's no border patrol on those southern borders]. Once you politely explain your situation I am sure you'll be golden. There is an unmarried Trump daughter after all.  You may find someone back in Russia who could Putin a good word.

14 minutes ago, deadreckoning said:

You may just be Putin' us on. But just in case not I shall try to answer as best as I can.

From what i gather from all the reputable news sources, the southern US border is pretty open. You should be able to breeze right in like you own the place, but watch out the sketchy hombres. I am sure some are nice, but you know those hombres, always up to mischief. If you are worried that it might not be so easy i would do some research from home.  Born in East LA should show you everything you need to know about getting in the US. I would also watch Moscow on the Hudson to see how you might adjust to life once in the US. Although it's the highest achievement of American cinema, you may want to stay away from Red Dawn (the original, not the crappy remake) - it could be distressing. Now don't discount the  Canadian border. You may already be able to see Alaska from your house. From there its a quick southerly stroll to the American border (see ELF for details), plus all the maple syrup you can fit in your pants. Of all your plans the easiest task will be to impregnate a willing  American woman [There's no border patrol on those southern borders]. Once you politely explain your situation I am sure you'll be golden. There is an unmarried Trump daughter after all.  You may find someone back in Russia who could Putin a good word.

thanks for this. i'm thinking i'll try the canadian border for now, as i think i can pull off the canadian backpacker look. i'll try to make it to seattle (sanctuary city for now) and take my chances there. maybe even drink some vodka with the local vinyl enthusiasts in the area. it might be harder to find young, hip american woman who wants baby immediately, however i could also join a local church to increase my chances. with a combination of the church's good samaritan attitude and the warming embrace of the local vinyl community, this may be easier than i thought. now i just need to find a way to get into canada. can i just show up at airport with russian passport?

i'd really like to avoid the cartels and bad hombres i've heard so much about.

Edited by Fungi

8 minutes ago, Fungi said:

thanks for this. i'm thinking i'll try the canadian border for now, as i think i can pull off the canadian backpacker look. i'll try to make it to seattle (sanctuary city for now) and take my chances there. maybe even drink some vodka with the local vinyl enthusiasts in the area. it might be harder to find young, hip american woman who wants baby immediately, however i could also join a local church to increase my chances. with a combination of the church's good samaritan attitude and the warming embrace of the local vinyl community, this may be easier than i thought. now i just need to find a way to get into canada. can i just show up at airport with russian passport?

i'd really like to avoid the cartels and bad hombres i've heard so much about.

All great ideas. However, between you, me and the KGB, I would scour the vinyl boards for someone from Estonia (from what i understand has a sizable russian speaking population) who bears a striking resemblance to you. Offer to meet them in a dark alley to trade your deja entendu test press for a bunch of blue jeans. Give 'em the old judo chop systema style and steal their passport (you may need to dye your hair pink or something...). Take a booze cruise from Tallin to Stockholm, Swebus it to Copenhagen, and from there you can either fly to the Canada/US after a refreshing multi-day layover in Reykjavik or fly directly to Greenland and swim to Canada. Once here you can pretend to be a travel agent. 

if you want to become US citizen from Russia, register yourself as a mail order husband. That's what I did. I now have beautiful housewife from USA named Becky and she drives a Chrysler PT Cruiser. I am living, how do you say, the life! 

Wasn't WAXXX a small business owner who helped create our economy and was tired of being penalized by Barack Obama and liberal over-regulation? Now he is a backpacking Russian scene kid who wants to come to America? What happened to posters keeping one consistent false backstory?