There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

7 hours ago, Sunshine said:

That's like saying McDonald's has taken it upon themselves to decide what people are allowed to eat if they took roaches off the menu lol. McDonald's is a business you don't have to eat there if they don't serve the roaches you're looking for. They've decided the revenue lost by roach lovers is easily negated by the people who want to eat at a place that doesn't serve roaches on the menu. 

Who the hell is going to McDonald's for their roaches? Besides, if not like you'll catch a disease or have a serious health risk by hearing a song that offends you. Bad comparison bud. Do you honestly think there was some white power mother fucker who got a Spotify membership because they were facilitating his evil music? Hahaha. I'm not convinced this was even a legitimate issue for anyone.

Applauding censorship, especially when it has to do with art or music,  is lame. Then again it's what's hot right now. It's not like Spotify is going to start pulling hip-hop songs that encourage people to murder cops and treat women like property, they're virtue signaling at best.

11 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

Who the hell is going to McDonald's for their roaches? Besides, if not like you'll catch a disease or have a serious health risk by hearing a song that offends you. Bad comparison bud. Do you honestly think there was some white power mother fucker who got a Spotify membership because they were facilitating his evil music? Hahaha. I'm not convinced this was even a legitimate issue for anyone.

Applauding censorship, especially when it has to do with art or music,  is lame. Then again it's what's hot right now. It's not like Spotify is going to start pulling hip-hop songs that encourage people to murder cops and treat women like property, they're virtue signaling at best.

Who's going to spotify for their white supremacy music? It isn't censorship if it's their platform they can do whatever they want. Saying they can't do whatever they want is the same it's just reverse censorship to me and doesn't sound like a very free market. Art isn't an excuse to be a Nazi in public and get paid for it. I'm sure they can get their "art" out to their buddies without infecting a private paid platform, this is hardly something to get up in arms about.

And roaches are a delicacy somewhere I'm sure. Not gonna give you diseases if they're cooked haha.

@Sunshine I'm not getting "up in arms" about anything, I only mentioned it because sometimes we talk about music related stuff here... Sometimes.

I'm well aware that it's their platform, I wasn't questioning that in the first place so pointing that out repeatedly doesn't change the fact that they're pretty much using this like a marketing scheme. "Subscribe today, we don't let nazis put their songs on here!" as if anyone was wondering that in the first place.

19 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

@Sunshine I'm not getting "up in arms" about anything, I only mentioned it because sometimes we talk about music related stuff here... Sometimes.

I'm well aware that it's their platform, I wasn't questioning that in the first place so pointing that out repeatedly doesn't change the fact that they're pretty much using this like a marketing scheme. "Subscribe today, we don't let nazis put their songs on here!" as if anyone was wondering that in the first place.

I guess I didn't read your tone right in the first post. I haven't seen them blatantly use it like what Wax posted above and the article just said some group found the bands and alerted Spotify. Is there more to it like a follow up or anything other than "blah blah when we're alerted to blah blah breaking terms of service we review the case and make our decision." Because I'm just not seeing what's wrong here man.

Edit: I said they were private platform in one post not repeatedly! :P

Edited by Sunshine

looks like spotify was responding to this article: https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/08/14/white-supremacist-hate-spotify/

also looks like many of the bands are still on spotify. founds lyrics to a skinfull song: https://www.flashlyrics.com/lyrics/skinfull/love-it-or-leave-it-26

guy who wrote article is also labeling what appears to be normal black metal bands as "hate groups." not sure tho, i don't have time to check them all out.

curious how this could affect the metal community if something like a "report this band for hate" feature is introduced...

dear children of bodom,

your album "hatebreeder" has been reported and has been found in violation of our terms of service...

51 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I guess I didn't read your tone right in the first post. I haven't seen them blatantly use it like what Wax posted above and the article just said some group found the bands and alerted Spotify. Is there more to it like a follow up or anything other than "blah blah when we're alerted to blah blah breaking terms of service we review the case and make our decision." Because I'm just not seeing what's wrong here man.

Edit: I said they were private platform in one post not repeatedly! :P

I don't think we're on completely different pages here. I just found it distasteful that various websites and people were patting them on the back for it.

Dont get me wrong, if bigoted assholes like Christopher Cantwell got their way I'd be one of the first people to go. It just seems like buisnesses and people are going far out of their way to prove they're not racist like everyone is questioning their morals in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

I don't think we're on completely different pages here. I just found it distasteful that various websites and people were patting them on the back for it.

Dont get me wrong, if bigoted assholes like Christopher Cantwell got their way I'd be one of the first people to go. It just seems like buisnesses and people are going far out of their way to prove they're not racist like everyone is questioning their morals in the first place.

As long as everyone is ok with watching that video of him sobbing like a little bitch I'm happy. The spotify thing or any business that doesnt tolerate hate should just do it and feel good about it inside if those are their priorities. So I would agree there. it's not far off from recording yourself doing a good deed that shit annoys the hell out of me.

looks like we'll need to purge classical music from spotify while we're at it.

the debate on eurocentric music being a vector for white supremacy has already begun:

https://slippedisc.com/2017/08/ny-musicologist-eurocentric-music-education-is-a-key-transmission-vector-for-white-supremacy-and-we-need-to-fight/

good thing we collect records. at least for now we can bask in the hate our physical medium provides us.

25 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

looks like we'll need to purge classical music from spotify while we're at it.

the debate on eurocentric music being a vector for white supremacy has already begun:

https://slippedisc.com/2017/08/ny-musicologist-eurocentric-music-education-is-a-key-transmission-vector-for-white-supremacy-and-we-need-to-fight/

good thing we collect records. at least for now we can bask in the hate our physical medium provides us.

Classical music sucks anyways. I just wanna listen to Ace of Base forever.

8 hours ago, Sunshine said:

As long as everyone is ok with watching that video of him sobbing like a little bitch I'm happy. The spotify thing or any business that doesnt tolerate hate should just do it and feel good about it inside if those are their priorities. So I would agree there. it's not far off from recording yourself doing a good deed that shit annoys the hell out of me.

Totally agree with you about Cantwell. He's a bucket of shit and a fucking coward. Jason Stapleton assesses his character well on his show (http://www.jasonstapleton.com/641-charlottesville-white-nationalists-antifa-and-chris-cantwell/). 

Makes me fucking sick that at a point Cantwell identified as an AnCap Libetarian and has now completely detached himself from the social and moral values we hold dear. I won't lie, the LP is fucked, inconsistent, and garbage. We ran Gary Johnson's old stoner ass and blew it (should've been Austin Petersen, and is who I supported in the primary). I've more or less denounced the LP and identify simply as a volunarist at this point. 

ANYWAYS, how about that fuckin war on Afghanistan? Setting a world record for the longest war ever fought.

The circle jerk of politicians and companies patting themselves on the back for being ~not racist~ is really transparent. Like yeah, come out and be like "Racism is bad" but we shouldn't be congratulating someone for saying "We don't support the KKK"

Especially the politicians, cause most of them are part of white supremacy even if they aren't white supremacists. Like, ok George Bush....I'm sure NONE of your policies EVER adversely affected people of color...

I just hope we get to see more Nazis cry

On 8/22/2017 at 1:25 AM, Shitty Rambo said:

Totally agree with you about Cantwell. He's a bucket of shit and a fucking coward. Jason Stapleton assesses his character well on his show (http://www.jasonstapleton.com/641-charlottesville-white-nationalists-antifa-and-chris-cantwell/). 

Makes me fucking sick that at a point Cantwell identified as an AnCap Libetarian and has now completely detached himself from the social and moral values we hold dear. I won't lie, the LP is fucked, inconsistent, and garbage. We ran Gary Johnson's old stoner ass and blew it (should've been Austin Petersen, and is who I supported in the primary). I've more or less denounced the LP and identify simply as a volunarist at this point. 

ANYWAYS, how about that fuckin war on Afghanistan? Setting a world record for the longest war ever fought.

what is Volunarism? 

3 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

what is Volunarism? 

think rambo meant voluntaryism? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntarism

Voluntarism may refer to:

Voluntarism (action), any action based on non-coercion
Voluntarism (philosophy), a perspective in metaphysics and the philosophy of mind that prioritizes the will over emotion or reason
Voluntarism (psychology), the doctrine that the power of the will organizes the mind’s content into higher-level thought processes
Voluntaryism, a libertarian socio-political system based on the absence of coercion by any arbitrary state or collective
Volunteering, donating one's labor without monetary compensation

Edited by WAXXX

1 hour ago, WAXXX said:

think rambo meant voluntaryism? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntarism

Voluntarism may refer to:

Voluntarism (action), any action based on non-coercion
Voluntarism (philosophy), a perspective in metaphysics and the philosophy of mind that prioritizes the will over emotion or reason
Voluntarism (psychology), the doctrine that the power of the will organizes the mind’s content into higher-level thought processes
Voluntaryism, a libertarian socio-political system based on the absence of coercion by any arbitrary state or collective
Volunteering, donating one's labor without monetary compensation

*thumbs up emoji*

I was drunk when I posted my rant. 

"Conceptually, Voluntaryism is a very simple moral philosophy – it is the basic proposition that all human interaction should be directly consensual. Voluntaryism rejects the initiation of force in all its various forms including physical violence, threats of violence, theft, bullying, slavery, rape, murder, etc."

• 3 weeks later...

Wait. Wait. Wait. You are saying, that somehow, this picture that someone found on the internet is not 100% authentic? He wasn't a Wheel contestant? How is this possible? I don't know what to believe anymore. Next you're gonna tell me that the picture of the parade outside of Trump's Phoenix rally was actually somewhere in Ohio...