There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

7 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Go fuck yourself

Why should we let all these people in? 

Why? I'd love to hear one good actual reason, not something like "It's not nice."

He's just saying what the true Americans have  been saying for many years.  Not all the pussies who are PC about every little fucking thing. This country has gone to absolute shit over the last 10 years.

It's about time some changes are made.

Oh yeah, and fuck you too.

I can empathize with feeling angry and helpless. There are large swaths of people who have been left out and left behind and the current system is trending more and more away from helping them lead productive, meaningful lives. 

What I don't empathize with is the choice to aim that anger and apply the blame toward immigrants, poor people, minorities, gays, or any sub group that isn't in charge of our system and is historically just as kicked down by our system as you are feeling. It's a distraction and it doesn't benefit you or improve your situation.

It's not about being nice either. I think it's ok for people to be selfish and get what's best for themselves and advocate for themselves. If we all fought for what was needed to improve our lives, I can guarantee it would help everyone.

Haiti in particular has been getting fucked over in major ways for literally centuries, first by French colonialism then by US imperialism. So it is pretty fucking disgraceful for a sitting president to call it a shithole when his predecessors are essentially the reason it is the way it is today. It's like if your neighbor slashed your tires, called your car a piece of shit, then got all sanctimonious when you asked for a ride.

8 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Said the native Americans.  They come from shithole countries bringing disease, colonialism, slavery, and something called the Chainsmokers. I’d love to hear one good reason why all these ‘real’ Americans think they deserve the land that they stole or colonized and therefore shouldn’t need to be respectful to people that are, shock: actually humans too. 

9 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Why? I'd love to hear one good actual reason, not something like "It's not nice."

He's just saying what the true Americans have  been saying for many years.  Not all the pussies who are PC about every little fucking thing. This country has gone to absolute shit over the last 10 years.

It's about time some changes are made.

Oh yeah, and fuck you too.

First of all who is this "we" you speak of? Are you Native American? If not then you. shouldn't say jack shit about owning any right to America. Also You misspelled "racists" as "true Americans." Go crawl back into your hidey-hole and shit post on reddit to help you cope with that fact that you live a sad life. 

If you really think the problems in America are because of immigrants than you must be dumb as a brick. Yes of course immigrants must be the reason we have astronomical student debt, a crappy economy/housing market, crumbling infrastructure, tremendous national debt, massive class differences, a corrupt political system, and politicians that act like neanderthals compared to the rest of the world. Must be immigrants not us...

I think it's funny that everyone is freaking out because Trump used the word Shithole in a closed door meeting. Haha then someone leaks it to the media and then I heard a reporter say that "Trump is teaching kids a new word, Shithole". It wasn't even meant to be heard. It's getting hard to watch CNN anymore. 

On 1/13/2018 at 2:16 PM, vinyl addict said:

He's just saying what the true Americans have  been saying for many years.

What is a “true” American? I’m an American, born and raised, and I have never thought like that. Just because someone doesn’t agree with you doesn’t make them not a “true” American.

32 minutes ago, Jesus Of Suburbia said:

What is a “true” American? I’m an American, born and raised, and I have never thought like that. Just because someone doesn’t agree with you doesn’t make them not a “true” American.

So what you're saying is it makes them an American....Idiot?

19 hours ago, jonnystorm777 said:

I think it's funny that everyone is freaking out because Trump used the word Shithole in a closed door meeting. Haha then someone leaks it to the media and then I heard a reporter say that "Trump is teaching kids a new word, Shithole". It wasn't even meant to be heard. It's getting hard to watch CNN anymore. 

It's intellectually dishonest to pretend like the bad word is the problematic part. This is the same argument MAGA-heads employed when the Access Hollywood tape came out - "oh-so-sensitive liberals can't handle a president who talks like #realamericans!" I think the media is too easily coerced into reframing the argument as "whether or not it's ok for Trump to say a cuss". Coarseness and vulgarity are one thing - certainly one wouldn't want to say these words around kids, and to some degree I do think your personal conduct should be above reproach when you're the president of the United States, but also, c'mon. I know pastors who'll pepper a "shit" into a conversation as context allows.

No, the issue is the context of "[black and brown countries that have been decimated for generations via occupation and tampering by western governments] are shitholes. Why should we let them in? Why not let in people from [the whitest country on the planet] instead?" He says shit like this all the time, but usually even his smooth oatmeal brain will manage to frame it in a way that allows GOPers plausible deniability, so they just have to do a little cursory hand waving before getting back to gutting Medicaid and cutting taxes for billionaires. This time is the most explicitly racist thing he's said as president. You can't even call it a dog whistle, the mental gymnastics required to offer an alternative explanation are dizzying.

17 minutes ago, AlexH. said:

It's intellectually dishonest to pretend like the bad word is the problematic part. This is the same argument MAGA-heads employed when the Access Hollywood tape came out - "oh-so-sensitive liberals can't handle a president who talks like #realamericans!" I think the media is too easily coerced into reframing the argument as "whether or not it's ok for Trump to say a cuss". Coarseness and vulgarity are one thing - certainly one wouldn't want to say these words around kids, and to some degree I do think your personal conduct should be above reproach when you're the president of the United States, but also, c'mon. I know pastors who'll pepper a "shit" into a conversation as context allows.

No, the issue is the context of "[black and brown countries that have been decimated for generations via occupation and tampering by western governments] are shitholes. Why should we let them in? Why not let in people from [the whitest country on the planet] instead?" He says shit like this all the time, but usually even his smooth oatmeal brain will manage to frame it in a way that allows GOPers plausible deniability, so they just have to do a little cursory hand waving before getting back to gutting Medicaid and cutting taxes for billionaires. This time is the most explicitly racist thing he's said as president. You can't even call it a dog whistle, the mental gymnastics required to offer an alternative explanation are dizzying.

Sounds like a quote from an MSNBC anchor!  

Maybe the president is racist, and i'm not defending he's not, but I personally think the heart of this comment comes from a business mentality and the desire to bring in more skilled labor into the country. Many take it as a color/white comment, which certainly can be taken that way, but I think there's more to it. I personally feel he is taking the same approach as a business would when hiring or a university when accepting new candidates. Someone from a shithole public school (lets say South Bronx Publix School) vs. Phillips Academy of Andover would be less desirable in their eyes

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Maybe the president is racist, and i'm not defending he's not, but I personally think the heart of this comment comes from a business mentality and the desire to bring in more skilled labor into the country. Many take it as a color/white comment, which certainly can be taken that way, but I think there's more to it. I personally feel he is taking the same approach as a business would when hiring or a university when accepting new candidates. Someone from a shithole public school (lets say South Bronx Publix School) vs. Phillips Academy of Andover would be less desirable in their eyes

People's obsession with identity politics blinds them to any other aspect of an argument. Even when Trump does something that a racist would never do like make Martin Luther King's birthplace a historic national park it's either ignored or it's insisted that there's gotta be a catch to it. Hell, even Melania got trashed for simply paying respect to Martin Luther King on Twitter. Did any of you anti-harassment (especially towards women) folks get her back? 

The most disgusting part about this whole 'shithole' thing is that people are hanging into this and are being extremely vocal about something they really can't even prove happened (it probably did), but when an 8 year old American girl gets killed in Yemen by a raid Trump approved they hardly make a peep. That is insane.

"I can't believe he called those countries 'shitholes'. Obama never talked down on third world nations, he just bombed the shit out of them." Yuck. 

17 hours ago, stl_ben said:

He is.

In my experience, the first person to point the finger and call someone a racist, IS the racist.

Not everyone sees someone and automatically judges them on the color of their skin. Some don't even notice skin color, others are more than happy to point it out and call others racist for not noticing.

Edited by vinyl addict

4 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

In my experience, the first person to point the finger and call someone a racist, IS the racist.

Not everyone sees someone and automatically judges them on the color of their skin. Some don't even notice skin color, others are more than happy to point it out and call other racist for not noticing.

I'm totally racist towards orange person.

16 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

The most disgusting part about this whole 'shithole' thing is that people are hanging into this and are being extremely vocal about something they really can't even prove happened (it probably did), but when an 8 year old American girl gets killed in Yemen by a raid Trump approved they hardly make a peep. That is insane.

"I can't believe he called those countries 'shitholes'. Obama never talked down on third world nations, he just bombed the shit out of them." Yuck. 

I had to stop lurking to jump in on this.

The language and words being used, the debate as to what they mean, is he racist or did he mean something else? Is all bullshit, it's all a distraction.  We debate and argue pointless shit that keeps us divided while really shit that should have both sides outraged gets ignored because we can't agree on anything that the other side might also agree on or else maybe we're wrong about some things.

The Democrats currently in office are complicate in their inaction to do anything, there is no such thing as bi-partisan politics at this point, but they keep up the image and stoke the fires to keep us politically divided.

No one dares to get rid of one of their own that isn't doing their job because it might mean that we get one of the other side in their place.