There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

In my experience, the first person to point the finger and call someone a racist, IS the racist.

Not everyone sees someone and automatically judges them on the color of their skin. Some don't even notice skin color, others are more than happy to point it out and call others racist for not noticing.

...no

"I don't even notice skin color" is some classic granola level white people racism. Also...how is it racist to notice skin color just in general? Like...youre full of shit if you see a person of color and dont notice that they're a person of color. The racism comes with what you think/do after that. 

Literal blind people get a pass on this tho

15 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

http://beta.latimes.com/world/africa/la-fg-global-african-immigrants-explainer-20180112-story.html

immigrants from shithole countries are more educated than most, but whatever.  not everyone who is an immigrant is an unskilled refugee.  

of course not all immigrants are unskilled, but those the education numbers from africa are a bit shocking.

however, to provide more context, the best university in sub-saharan africa (that isn't south africa), is Makerere University in Uganda which ranks #497 globally:

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings?page=50

and then Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia at #785:

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings?page=79

for even more context, the University of Alabama ranks #451 globally.

also, for it's worth, 41% of immigrants are not even functionally literate in the english language:

https://cis.org/Immigrant-Literacy-Self-Assessment-vs-Reality

not to mention that 51% of immigrants are on some type of welfare:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/01/immigrant-welfare-use-report/71517072/

also, for every african doctor or engineer that comes to the USA, that is one fewer doctor or engineer that exists in africa, which arguably further cripples the nation from which they left.

as for the whole shithole thing, it's hard to ignore facts like only 47% of nigerians have access to safe drinking water, and that 69% of the world's HIV positive population lives in sub-saharan africa.

hopefully, at the end of the day, we can at least start having an honest conversation about immigration. it doesn't help when the media, laughably, loses their shit all over TV. i mean, look at this:

even if shithole countries sent only their best and brightest to the USA, that isn't a solution. you can't just import the entire 3rd world into the USA.

this notion that the USA has to spend more and more of our resources to heal the rest of the world is what trump ran against. i've seen liberals, democrats, etc. frothing at the mouth calling the USA a shithole now. if that really is the case, then we need to be focused first and foremost on fixing things for the people of the USA. flint still doesn't have clean drinking water, murder rates were up in the largest urban centers for 2017, and the USA is 20.6 trillion dollars in debt.

26 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

of course not all immigrants are unskilled, but those the education numbers from africa are a bit shocking.

however, to provide more context, the best university in sub-saharan africa (that isn't south africa), is Makerere University in Uganda which ranks #497 globally:

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings?page=50

and then Addis Ababa University in Ethiopia at #785:

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings?page=79

for even more context, the University of Alabama ranks #451 globally.

also, for it's worth, 41% of immigrants are not even functionally literate in the english language:

https://cis.org/Immigrant-Literacy-Self-Assessment-vs-Reality

not to mention that 51% of immigrants are on some type of welfare:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/01/immigrant-welfare-use-report/71517072/

also, for every african doctor or engineer that comes to the USA, that is one fewer doctor or engineer that exists in africa, which arguably further cripples the nation from which they left.

as for the whole shithole thing, it's hard to ignore facts like only 47% of nigerians have access to safe drinking water, and that 69% of the world's HIV positive population lives in sub-saharan africa.

hopefully, at the end of the day, we can at least start having an honest conversation about immigration. it doesn't help when the media, laughably, loses their shit all over TV. i mean, look at this: [deleted because no need to quote a video]

even if shithole countries sent only their best and brightest to the USA, that isn't a solution. you can't just import the entire 3rd world into the USA.

this notion that the USA has to spend more and more of our resources to heal the rest of the world is what trump ran against. i've seen liberals, democrats, etc. frothing at the mouth calling the USA a shithole now. if that really is the case, then we need to be focused first and foremost on fixing things for the people of the USA. flint still doesn't have clean drinking water, murder rates were up in the largest urban centers for 2017, and the USA is 20.6 trillion dollars in debt.

but this is not about all immigrants, its about immigrants from 'shithole' countries.  the articles and data you reference above includes Hispanic immigrants, which are a larger population, have a higher rate of welfare use and lower skill level of the English language.  I was referencing an article that was talking to data regarding immigrants from Africa.  feel free to review another piece of research below on data around the 'shithole' countries (African nations and Caribbean).  Also, immigrants like doctors or engineers that come to the US typically do so to further education, either in an academic setting, or by OTJ training at businesses/etc in the US.  sometimes they take it back with them, sometimes they don't, but guess what, there's nothing wrong with that.  thanks to this thing called the internet, they don't have to be back in their country to share their expertise.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2015/04/09/a-rising-share-of-the-u-s-black-population-is-foreign-born/

also, you shouldn't really be using university rankings to say what education is better or worse.  there are plenty of stories, articles and studies out there that show college rankings are biased and not a true representation of being a better school than others.  

you want to move funds to help flint out?  help with improving homicide rates in urban cities?  the national debt?  how about go after the military and DOD instead of immigrants and social welfare programs?  theres more than enough bloat there to cover whatever "exorbitant" cost immigrants have on our system.

2 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

but this is not about all immigrants, its about immigrants from 'shithole' countries.  the articles and data you reference above includes Hispanic immigrants, which are a larger population, have a higher rate of welfare use and lower skill level of the English language.  I was referencing an article that was talking to data regarding immigrants from Africa.  feel free to review another piece of research below on data around the 'shithole' countries (African nations and Caribbean).  Also, immigrants like doctors or engineers that come to the US typically do so to further education, either in an academic setting, or by OTJ training at businesses/etc in the US.  sometimes they take it back with them, sometimes they don't, but guess what, there's nothing wrong with that.  thanks to this thing called the internet, they don't have to be back in their country to share their expertise.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2015/04/09/a-rising-share-of-the-u-s-black-population-is-foreign-born/

also, you shouldn't really be using university rankings to say what education is better or worse.  there are plenty of stories, articles and studies out there that show college rankings are biased and not a true representation of being a better school than others.  

you want to move funds to help flint out?  help with improving homicide rates in urban cities?  the national debt?  how about go after the military and DOD instead of immigrants and social welfare programs?  theres more than enough bloat there to cover whatever "exorbitant" cost immigrants have on our system.

but mexico/latin america is a shithole.

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

...no

"I don't even notice skin color" is some classic granola level white people racism. Also...how is it racist to notice skin color just in general? Like...youre full of shit if you see a person of color and dont notice that they're a person of color. The racism comes with what you think/do after that. 

blind people can be racist.

On 1/17/2018 at 11:09 AM, Bladewillisisdead said:

...no

What a pathetic response. Just because you see things one way doesn't make your way right.

Grow up, open your eyes  and look around.  Who are you to say what I see and don't see?

It's not racist to notice skin color, it's racist to point out "Hey, that black guy was shot by a white cop." Why not just say " A man was shot by police." Why? Because the media wants it all to reflect racism. It's a bigger story.

I could not tell you when the last time was I read a story about a black cop shooting a white man. That would never make the news.

Kinda like only hearing about pitbull attacks when there are dozens of other breeds doing the same.

This forum is full of liberal pussies fresh out of school whom think they know all the answers.

Edited by vinyl addict

On 1/17/2018 at 9:09 AM, Bladewillisisdead said:

...no

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

What a pathetic response. Just because you see things one way doesn't make your way right.

Grow up, open your eyes  and look around.  Who are you to say what I see and don't see?

It's not racist to notice skin color, it's racist to point out "Hey, that black guy was shot by a white cop." Why not just say " A man was shot by police." Why? Because the media wants it all to reflect racism. It's a bigger story.

I could not tell you when the last time was I read a story about a black cop shooting a white man. That would never make the news.

Kinda like only hearing about pitbull attacks when there are dozens of other breeds doing the same.

This forum is full of liberal pussies fresh out of school whom think they know all the answers.

Nah man, the reason that "I don't even see skin color" is bullshit is not because it's inherently racist of the individual to have that stance, it's because it's willful ignorance.

Racism exists, it creates an unfair power and privilege dynamic, and reasonable people don't just try not to be racist themselves but they also try to counterbalance that racism.    It's not about fighting other people's battles, just SEEING skin color and realizing that there are things you can do to help the situation.

It's great you're not racist, if you don't notice/see/believe that other people are and that it impacts those they look down on negatively then you're an asshole.

You don't understand what racism is and that's ok. 

"I don't notice skin color!" and "What about when black people kill white people that doesn't make the news!" not only contradict each other, but work to try to erase the struggle of people of color. Historically and in present time. Which is a product of racism. Racism isn't just someone burning a cross or yelling "I hate [racial slur]s!" Racism is systematic. It's deeply ingrained in our society and assholes like you are part of the problem.

1 hour ago, museummouth said:

Then leave. 

I love how conservative snowflakes cry and moan over everything changing yet someone wanting equal footing in life is a pussy.

47 minutes ago, daegor said:

It's great you're not racist, if you don't notice/see/believe that other people are and that it impacts those they look down on negatively then you're an asshole.

This exactly. As someone from a populated city I've noticed racism truly doesn't exist in rural/mountain areas devoid of PoC that's why it's such a non issue to them though /s

Seriously though my sister is half black and I'm as white as you get the things I hear when I take her places would seriously confuse some of you that don't see color. Keep on with your ostrich mentality though.

Waiting on the following arguments from @vinyl addict:

-My best friend/coworker/manicurist/frogsitter is black

-What about all of the non-white people who are violent and addicted to drugs

-How come liberal media only reports on racism and not on rich white guys like me who don't see skin colour?

-It's not fair that all of you libtards are ganging up on me. I need a safe space

-I really fucking love Kid Rock, literally the only musician who agrees with me on anything.

-I'm one of those people who believes that every Muslim including Obama is out to kill us because Alex Jones told me so.

-Shut up, that's why.

3 minutes ago, Sidney Crosley said:

Waiting on the following arguments from @vinyl addict:

-My best friend/coworker/manicurist/frogsitter is black

-What about all of the non-white people who are violent and addicted to drugs

-How come liberal media only reports on racism and not on rich white guys like me who don't see skin colour?

-It's not fair that all of you libtards are ganging up on me. I need a safe space

-I really fucking love Kid Rock, literally the only musician who agrees with me on anything.

-I'm one of those people who believes that every Muslim including Obama is out to kill us because Alex Jones told me so.

-Shut up, that's why.

Don't forget "What about racism against white people?!"

"I worked hard to have two loving parents support me my whole life while I was able to concentrate on my bootstraps and build my business they started with no other worries."

Isn't it crazy how people blessed with this life can look down on others as if they've done something difficult or impressive? Lmao

3 hours ago, Sunshine said:

"I worked hard to have two loving parents support me my whole life while I was able to concentrate on my bootstraps and build my business they started with no other worries."

Isn't it crazy how people blessed with this life can look down on others as if they've done something difficult or impressive? Lmao

I had this same discussion with my sister and it ended with both of us screaming "Fuck you!" as loud as we could, over our cellphones. She was talking about all of these mythical freeloading welfare moms and telling me about how she pulled herself up from her dead end bartender job and went back to college to achieve more in her life. Now she lives in a million dollar gated community in Orange County and still feels like she needs a gun in the house for security. She is delusional about how much of a foot up we had over many other people. Of course, she forgot about how we were middle class, my parents bought us our first cars, we had full health insurance coverage, and always had some measure of security that we could borrow a small amount of money if we got in a really tight jam. Yes, we both worked hard to get where we are, BUT we had many advantages. People who can't see that are just fuckin' stupid.