There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

The irony is that a lot of the people seeking asylum in the US are running here because of chaos we created in their country.  We've had a long history of destabilization in Central America, whether a leader was democratically elected or not, and the people from the middle east are running from areas that are being actively bombed by our drones (and worse).  We can't abdicate the responsibility we have to clean up our own messes, especially when the countries left in our wake are smoldering piles of rubble.  These are just people who weren't fortunate enough to be born between the most preferable artificial borders, they aren't all drug dealers, rapists and whatever other broad brush Trump paints with.

Empathy, my friend.  Empathy.

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

"Undocumented immigrants" yeah it sounds nicer, doesnt it? That's the point.

They are here illegally. Whether it's due to trafficking, slavery,etc, it doesn't matter. It was done illegally. Let them go back to their home country and let their country take care and support them.

This should have been done looooong ago, and maybe we wouldn't be in such a bad way here is USA.

And empathy? LOL

Yeah, empathy triumphs over all. That will solve everything. Wake up and look around, this country is falling to shit.

Edited by vinyl addict

1 minute ago, vinyl addict said:

"Undocumented immigrants" yeah it sounds nicer, doesnt it? That's the point.

They are here illegally. Whether it's due to trafficking, slavery,etc, it doesn't matter. It was done illegally. Let them go back to their home country and let their country take care and support them.

This should have been done looooong ago, and maybe we wouldn't be in such a bad way here is USA.

And empathy? LOL

Yeah, empathy triumphs over all. That will solve everything. Wake up and look around, this country is falling to shut.

Falling to shit because of people like you.

Just now, Bladewillisisdead said:

Falling to shit because of people like you.

No, it's the liberal pussies who let the country fall to shit.

The 1% gets their way and everyone else cowers in fear and afraid to speak up and say something.

Well guess what, someone is saying something and enough agreed with him to elect him. I'm excited to see what gets done. I may be in the minority on this site, but not in the country. People are sick of the bullshit.

If we are going full-on nationalist here lets just round up the non-contributors, regardless of country of origin. 

I'd rather my taxes go to the guy busting ass and keeping my produce prices low than the motherfucker who ate his way into disability payments and scooters around the frozen section of Wal-Mart all day. 

Just now, BuzzersonKillwell said:

If we are going full-on nationalist here lets just round up the non-contributors, regardless of country of origin. 

I'd rather my taxes go to the guy busting ass and keeping my produce prices low than the motherfucker who ate his way into disability payments and scooters around the frozen section of Wal-Mart all day. 

This thread is kind of a joke and it's officially become exhausting to scan every single post with a sarcasm-detector... but facetious or not, I don't disagree with this.  I'm all for anything that severs blatant leeches.

28 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

No, it's the liberal pussies who let the country fall to shit.

The 1% gets their way and everyone else cowers in fear and afraid to speak up and say something.

Well guess what, someone is saying something and enough agreed with him to elect him. I'm excited to see what gets done. I may be in the minority on this site, but not in the country. People are sick of the bullshit.

Jesus Christ...

You really dont get that Trump and his cabinet ARE the 1% and are only out to help themselves.

I've seen the Trump voting "majority" and its a lot of people who shot themselves in the foot with their vote because they hate immigrants/brown people/gays

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

Also, since I'm fucking annoyed at your ignorance....sick Fear and Loathing avatar. Everyone involved with that book and movie would fucking despise you. If Hunter S Thompson hadn't blown his brains out he wpuldve livestreamed himself doing so when Trump won.

Edit: in sake of fairness, Bruce Willis would hate me.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

I guess my real curiosity is all these controversial executive orders he's signing in his first days.  If he was really about bringing the nation together and healing, as he mentioned several times during the debates, then why?  If he's, at least hypothetically, not completely ignorant to how politics work - why not span them out?

There were going to be protests no matter how he spent his first 100 days, that was just a given considering how contentious this race was.  But they could have just been a cathartic way of addressing the frustration of Democrats and Independents that didn't support his presidency.   

Now there are legitimate, highly politicised issues to worry about.

I think my comments in the past show where my allegiance lies, but that doesn't mean I want to watch the world burn.  I just want what's best for everyone.  And despite all things, I want Trump to succeed in bringing people together.

I figured that would have meant nominating Merrich Garland as Supreme Court justice, or expanding investment in renewable energy technology.  But instead, he's put half the country into this highly defensive state of mind and causing a state of fear.

Edited by nancy_raygun

37 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

This thread is kind of a joke and it's officially become exhausting to scan every single post with a sarcasm-detector... but facetious or not, I don't disagree with this.  I'm all for anything that severs blatant leeches.

I've already been told I'm not empathetic enough in other threads, but I agree with this too. ::shrug::

11 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

I'm legitimately looking into moving to Canada before my

newborn daughter belongs to the Trump administration. 

Yeah, good luck with that...have you looked into how hard it is to become a Canadian citizen? Harder than becoming a US citizen, I can tell you that.

4 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Also, since I'm fucking annoyed at your ignorance....sick Fear and Loathing avatar. Everyone involved with that book and movie would fucking despise you. If Hunter S Thompson hadn't blown his brains out he wpuldve livestreamed himself doing so when Trump won.

Edit: in sake of fairness, Bruce Willis would hate me.

Sooooo....

We just leave all the illegals here in the country and continue to let them flow in here daily?

8 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Just do it illegally, seems to be OK with everyone, right?

Right? From reference.com: What does Canada do with illegal immigrants?

Answer:According to the Canada Border Services Agency, anyone found to be living in Canada illegally will first be issued a removal order and then deported from the country.

Or you know just reform our countries immigration policy? It's something both parties say they want to do. Make it so that it is realistically possible for people to come here legally. Canada has reformed their policies several times over the last few decades...part of the reason they don't have this huge problem with illegal immigrants. 

2 minutes ago, stl_ben said:

Or you know just reform our countries immigration policy? It's something both parties say they want to do. Make it so that it is realistically possible for people to come here legally. Canada has reformed their policies several times over the last few decades...part of the reason they don't have this huge problem with illegal immigrants. 

Basically this.

Our whole country's thing used to be "Hey, we stole a shiiiitload of land. So much land. The best land. Huge. We told England to fuck off. Come on over, it's great. We're free as shit." Then after 100 years we got all like "Fuck immigrants! This is our country! You Italian, bro? I'll fuck you up." I know a dude who came over from Finland and even though he married an American citizen it was a fucking nightmare.

American nationalism is bullshit. Not as much as white nationalism, but still bullshit.

3 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Make them pay taxes and give them your personal fucking job

I thought this was a sensible conversation. 

Make them pay taxes? How do you find all the illegals and make them pay taxes? 

My job requires a college degree, so I doubt any illegal aliens will be taking my job anytime soon .

Edited by vinyl addict

7 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

I thought this was a sensible conversation. 

Make them pay taxes? How do you find all the illegals and make them pay taxes? 

My job requires a college degree, so I doubt any illegal aliens will be taking my job anytime soon .

Ok...so we can't find them to make them pay taxes...but we can find them to make them leave?

With how angry you are about illegal immigrants I assumed you were a migrant farm worker or something and had been personally negatively affected by their presence.

59 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Ok...so we can't find them to make them pay taxes...but we can find them to make them leave?

With how angry you are about illegal immigrants I assumed you were a migrant farm worker or something and had been personally negatively affected by their presence.

I mean...technically they are stealing from all of us since they take advantage of the things law abiding people legally here pay taxes for...being stolen from seems like it has a negative personal effect to me. I'm all for legal immigration, but I don't enjoy being stolen from.

Also immigration reform SHOULD include a path to citizenship. Kicking out people who were brought here as children for example is just dumb. Sure their parents did something "wrong" but now you want to send them back to a country they have never known and may not even speak its language?