All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

1 minute ago, 16Shells said:

no downloads for Deviations or any of the other remasters yet though... weren't they supposed to drop at the same time?

apparently there was an issue with the Deviations files (...remind you of something?) so they've been delayed a day. I still haven't gotten a DL for any of the remasters.

Here is the play by play...

First track:  Oh no, not another questionable Trent vocal choice?!  Let's wait it out.

Second track:  Oh fuck, this is crazy good!

Third track:  Is Leonard Cohen on this track?

Fourth track: This break down is siiiiiick

Fifth track: THIS is the impenetrable music they were talking about.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, maybe something more outright aggressive.  But that isn't going to stop me from listening to this on repeat all day.

After one listen:

As a lifelong NIn fan but a total NIN nerd through the Fragile, this is very much like later day NIN

It sounds like a cross between Hesitation and Year Zero.

What I loved about PHM through Fragile and even some of With Teeth was Trents vocals always interplayed well with the music. His vocals seem so robotic and monotone and just put over music with no sense of melody. The early stuff was chaotic but always had an underlying sense of melody

If this wasnt NIN/Reznor, we would dismiss this after one listen

P.S. The Idea of You sounds like a rehash of the spoken words of Closer, Happiness, Downward Spiral with a shouty chorus and nu metal guitars