All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

4 minutes ago, thetrackt said:

On a Mac everything came out fine for Deviations - now I just need someone to make mp3s (they came as .wav) so I can stream it on the go. Any ideas?

.......... iTunes.

Right-click (or ctrl-click) > Make MP3 version.

But yeah, you can just play them as .wav on your iPhone, the EP is short enough that the file sizes are enormous.

Edited by daegor

29 minutes ago, tonyfranciosa said:

yeah, it sucks that I had to torrent/zippyshare files that are part of the package I paid $80 for, but I don't feel bad about it. Wanted to listen while I was at work today and the workload is light.

I went in that direction too.  I got my EP link  late wednesday night, but nothing for Deviations or Broken yet. 

I've only listened to the EP once so far, liked it a fair amount.  I agree that it probably falls into the "good, not great" category.   I'm glad I ordered it.

3 hours ago, highfives said:

You can also adjust the conversion bitrate under Preferences>When you insert a CD>Import Settings

Thank you all! Super helpful for the conversion.

wavs sound great too!

Thank you all! Super helpful for the conversion.

wavs sound great too!

Edited by thetrackt
Update

47 minutes ago, tonyfranciosa said:

yeah, it sucks that I had to torrent/zippyshare files that are part of the package I paid $80 for, but I don't feel bad about it. Wanted to listen while I was at work today and the workload is light.

I liked it because it was already converted and tagged for me.

6 hours ago, highfives said:

215 copies of The Fragile left.

After like 5 days of trying to cancel my initial order of Deviations so I could save on shipping for them both, I said fuck it and just ordered it separately.  Trying to get shit resolved with Firebrand is impossible.

It's under 100 copies of The Fragile

I thought let pass Christmas but I'm hesitate now

6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

99% sure it's not limited – since it was never 100% spelled out otherwise – but I can't fault anyone for not wanting to risk that 1% over a record that sells for $300.

I didn't risk it.  At the very least it may be somewhat cheaper through here.  Or maybe not.  Maybe it will end up at $39.99 with Prime in the spring.   

5 minutes ago, highfives said:

I didn't risk it.  At the very least it may be somewhat cheaper through here.  Or maybe not.  Maybe it will end up at $39.99 with Prime in the spring.   

If I catch NIN fever between now and when these "hit the shelves" or appear on Bull Moose / Amazon, I may pull the trigger if the prices are right.  But I highly suspect that record shops won't offer that drastic of a price-break given the buzzwords like "definitive edition" and "2017 remaster".  Fragile is $45 on the site right now, yeah?  Honestly can't see it dipping below $35-$40 for most shops or Amazon.

8 minutes ago, idioteque... said:

I'm kind of let down by deviations.  Or let down that it's 80$.  It's different but I don't know if I'd pop that record over the regular Fragile when it's exactly the same thing with some new tracks.

considering it was marketed as such, the only letdown you should be concerned with is your reading comprehension.

6 minutes ago, tonyfranciosa said:

It's a nice companion to Ghosts for me. I got through the whole thing at work today and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Agreed. Ghosts is still actually my favorite NIN release, but this was a nice surprise. Really looking forward to getting the vinyl package.

25 minutes ago, throwgncpr said:

Agreed. Ghosts is still actually my favorite NIN release, but this was a nice surprise. Really looking forward to getting the vinyl package.

I trust your tastes a good bit.  As a fairly big fan of Ghosts and The Fragile, would you say this is potentially right up my alley?  Thinking about taking it for a proper spin before deciding on a purchase, but doing so requires a good bit of time and bandwidth that I'd like to ensure is worth the effort.

Edited by Derek™