All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

1 hour ago, highfives said:

Weird quote box I couldn't delete up there...

I found this site that has release dates on it.  Everything but Deviations is listed as 5/19. Deviations is listed as 8/27.  I'm kind of tempted to pick up Broken and Events from them since it's cheaper but I've never even heard of them before.

https://www.sirendisc.com/

Bull Moose had TDS and Broken listed for 5/19 also, but I feel like they used to have it listed as 4/21, so that's probably just an estimate. 

They're pressing at least tens of thousands of these and RSD just happened. I'll be happy if we get these before Halloween. I'll even be fine if we get these by Christmas. A year long pre-order sucks, but it's not unheard of and I've dealt with it before.

I'm so blown away by these new remasters that I'm practically frothing at the mouth in anticipation of being able to put them on my turntable. But considering I once dropped $100 on The Fragile as a gift and about a year ago decided to see how much I could get my own copy for...only to see DAMAGED copies selling for $300+ I'm fine with waiting.

Seriously tho...I'm sure I already missed the discussion of the new masters because I ignored this thread for dozens of pages...but holy fuck. My girlfriend and I have both been listening to TDS for over 20 years and we sat on our couch listening to this wide eyed and ocassionaly saying "What the fuck..." She was having buyers remorse until we listened to the digital copies. Now she's just mad that it was more than worth it.

29 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Seriously tho...I'm sure I already missed the discussion of the new masters because I ignored this thread for dozens of pages...but holy fuck. My girlfriend and I have both been listening to TDS for over 20 years and we sat on our couch listening to this wide eyed and ocassionaly saying "What the fuck..." She was having buyers remorse until we listened to the digital copies. Now she's just mad that it was more than worth it.

I haven't heard the remasters but I'd me amazed if they top the current/previous press of TDS. It's one of the best-sounding records I own by far.

48 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I haven't heard the remasters but I'd me amazed if they top the current/previous press of TDS. It's one of the best-sounding records I own by far.

I can't speak to any of the vinyl pressings. But my girlfriend has been listening to TDS obsessively since the day it came out, so it's some serious shit for her to say this remaster (digital only at this point, obviously) is by far the best it's ever sounded.

I've been a casual NIN fan for 20 years and even I'm blown away.

5 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I can't speak to any of the vinyl pressings. But my girlfriend has been listening to TDS obsessively since the day it came out, so it's some serious shit for her to say this remaster (digital only at this point, obviously) is by far the best it's ever sounded.

I've been a casual NIN fan for 20 years and even I'm blown away.

I'll update my files and listen to it later, I've gotta hear this

6 hours ago, AnimosityDK said:

Thanks. I have the Back To Black pressing, which I've never actually given a listen, so I'm curious as to how that one sounds. I'm looking forward to the remaster though.

The Back and Black version is definitely an amazing pressing.   Does anybody have a recommendation on which version of PHM I should buy?   I've heard certain pressings are a disaster.   Would like a copy I can jam out to before FYF when I'll be seeing NIN for the first time since Red Rocks 06'. 

Also, has it become clear whether these re-masters are going to be widely available?  I need to add Broken and Fragile to my collection but I'm hoping not have to pay the insane prices the NIN website is demanding. 

Edited by downisthenewup87

I really don't see retail prices being much

lower than the NIN store. Bullmoose has TDS up for like a dollar less. I doubt waiting for retail is gonna save anyone much, except you won't have to wait once you put money down.

I mean, maybe Amazon will have them for a few bucks less...and prime shipping is dope. But if you think the NIN store prices are insane, I doubt retail prices will look much better.

That being said, I don't think there's a definitive answer to their retail availability. BM has TDS and Broken listed. I think a couple other online stores too. I really doubt these won't be widely available though. It's not impossible that they won't be, I just doubt it.

26 minutes ago, downisthenewup87 said:

The Back and Black version is definitely an amazing pressing.   Does anybody have a recommendation on which version of PHM I should buy?   I've heard certain pressings are a disaster.   Would like a copy I can jam out to before FYF when I'll be seeing NIN for the first time since Red Rocks 06'. 

Also, has it become clear whether these re-masters are going to be widely available?  I need to add Broken and Fragile to my collection but I'm hoping not have to pay the insane prices the NIN website is demanding. 

The "remastered" PHM (gray jacket) is compressed to hell and sounds horrid. The original mastering (by Barry Diament ) sounds great. I think the current normal pressing may use the same mastering still.

1 hour ago, vinyl addict said:

No, I think the current press uses the Barry Diament master. 

The remaster (gray jacket) is the one that sounds like compressed garbage.

I'm going to need to get the regular pressing just to compare. My remastered copy sounds great and blows my original CD away. It's not even close. 

1 hour ago, ntslash said:

I'm going to need to get the regular pressing just to compare. My remastered copy sounds great and blows my original CD away. It's not even close. 

The gray jacket? 

I've heard a few people say it sounds good. Most say just the opposite. I bought it myself, and quickly sold it.

Search for an older pressing to be sure you get the Diament mastering. It's credited to Tony Dawsey, but it's been confirmed it was Diament. 

3 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

The gray jacket? 

I've heard a few people say it sounds good. Most say just the opposite. I bought it myself, and quickly sold it.

Search for an older pressing to be sure you get the Diament mastering. It's credited to Tony Dawsey, but it's been confirmed it was Diament. 

I assume by gray jacket you mean the 2LP one with Get Down Make Love. I think it sounds great. I prefer it to the original mastering.