All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

2 minutes ago, Andthejets27 said:

speaking of that recent Lost Highway reissue through Nothing, has anyone heard it or read anything regarding the sound quality?

I own it. Listened to Most the A and B sides and I have to say that though it feels a little quiet, the clarity and playback are excellent. It was crazy to hear "Apple of Sodom" again after so many years that I hadn't listened to it. I think its pretty damn good for a major label 20 year old repress. I recommend it.

Thanks for writing in! Team NIN has informed us that the LP’s are still in production and will be providing an update soon. We have heard late May, but that has not been confirmed. Unfortunately, that is the only information we have at the moment. As soon as your order ships you will receive a shipping confirmation so be on the look out for that to let you know it has shipped. 

There are no immediate plans to restock the Broken LP, very sorry!

I'll wait until June to see what happens with the store...

2 hours ago, mcpherson123 said:

and I'm just guessing but I'm fairly sure the preorders alone have been in the thousands for each title on the nin.com store.

That is very safe to assume. I recall from watching the inventory in the page source from the day they were released some sold thousands in the first day or two. pretty sure that the special edition 4LP fragile sold a ton that first day.

2 hours ago, mootloot said:

@highfives is this from the NIN store or somewhere else? Also why would Broken not be available? 

It's from the NIN store before they took it down.  Broken was showing as out of stock, which is why I asked about a restock.

We'll see what happens when the store reopens though.

If the store is like any other, its just a third party hired on to handle online sales. That's it. They will likely not know anything about plans for keeping titles in stock and available and they sure won't want to say that anything they've stocked might be available elsewhere. I have a feeling these were meant to be kept in print. I think we'll just have to wait and see what Trent says about the availability of any current or coming quantities.

5 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Please just let me order Broken and The Fragile from my local...

This. Though I kind of wish they just put all the tracks (including "Suck" and "Physical") just on the 12" and skip the separate 7".

I have the original promo TDS 2LP but I would probably grab that one to just to see if its good. I love that promo copy I've got. Sounds amazing.

I'm honestly surprised it took this long for the NIN camp to realize that Firebrand are shit. I mean, c'mon...it all started with the debacle over the immediate downloads for any orders placed w/ not only the reissues but also NTAE release. I emailed them multiple times requesting the downloads and nothing happened for well over two weeks. Thankfully a few kind VCers hooked me up as they got lucky and got their downloads.

The thread about this over at ETS is hilarious. Those folks are even more pissed at Firebrand than we are here in VC.

57 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I'm honestly surprised it took this long for the NIN camp to realize that Firebrand are shit. I mean, c'mon...it all started with the debacle over the immediate downloads for any orders placed w/ not only the reissues but also NTAE release. I emailed them multiple times requesting the downloads and nothing happened for well over two weeks. Thankfully a few kind VCers hooked me up as they got lucky and got their downloads.

The thread about this over at ETS is hilarious. Those folks are even more pissed at Firebrand than we are here in VC.

Ive been afraid to look at ETS.

Honestly unless Firebrand has been sitting on the records this isnt on them, NIN/ Trent needs to just drop a tweet letting us know what's up. 

But the DL issues were big time BS.

Although Rez agrees...

"The last two tracks were leftovers from a 12" that should have been released when we did lollapalooza, but due to record labels.... ...so, i thought they were good enough to be released, but did not fit with 'broken', so, i wanted to give them away but keep them separate from the EP, so, i came up with the 3" CD idea, but, my record label informed me that it cost so much to manufacture that they could not break even EVER regardless of sales, so, i compromised and allowed the first 250,000 to have the 3" CD, and the rest to have them on tracks 98-99 (so nobody would be ripped off)."

—Reznor

...I've always found them to fit pretty flawlessly within the EP, especially 'Suck'.

Edited by Canuckle