All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

19 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Although Rez agrees...

"The last two tracks were leftovers from a 12" that should have been released when we did lollapalooza, but due to record labels.... ...so, i thought they were good enough to be released, but did not fit with 'broken', so, i wanted to give them away but keep them separate from the EP, so, i came up with the 3" CD idea, but, my record label informed me that it cost so much to manufacture that they could not break even EVER regardless of sales, so, i compromised and allowed the first 250,000 to have the 3" CD, and the rest to have them on tracks 98-99 (so nobody would be ripped off)."

—Reznor

...I've always found them to fit pretty flawlessly within the EP, especially 'Suck'.

I just realized the copy I originally bought was one of the first 250K.

22 minutes ago, daegor said:

Sold mine a while back... I had decided to purge all CDs from my collection as I literally never use them anymore, but that was one of the harder ones to let go.

I sold the mini CD only back in high school for like $10 - probably used to buy a bag of weed.  I'll more than likely end up buying the 3" again just so I can have the complete EP.  Old me thinks young me was dumb.

2 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

It would have just been nice to listen to all 8 tracks and not have to switch discs. There's more than enough room on a single 12" to fit every song. I get the concept of what you're saying but it feels impractical.

It is, but that's okay.

The six tracks of the EP are this super cohesive little package.  It's nice to have them separate, on their own.  This presentation would work well:  https://www.discogs.com/Nine-Inch-Nails-Broken/release/949862

But I do like the aesthetic side of having an entirely physical separate item with the companion tracks.

I was beyond happy that the bonus tracks are separate. It's a homage to the original, which I have, and looks super cool. If practicality was in mind why does the Cs fold out into a cross with lyrics instead of something cheaper? 

I can wait wait forever for Broken and Fragile, which I PO'd, because I've wanted them Since I got into vinyl and $80 shipped is nothing compared to the bay prices. 

Mayve, maybe just once. I get what's coming to me. 

3 minutes ago, highfives said:

Is this the new Glassjaw thread?

Not until we get the "choose-your-own-color" The Downward Spiral, the "broken" Broken EP that requires the "fixed" adapter, and the "only-plays-once" reissue of The Fragile that is only sold as a bundle with tickets to a show in LA.