All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

18 minutes ago, ntslash said:

I doubt he works 365 days per year. 

This right here. The math in this thread is killing me and making me want to correct this guy that only has 2 posts, both of which are nonsense. Firstly, the way the post is worded, downisthenewup87 is probably talking about the original recordings and not deviations (which is priced at $45) meaning they make around $35k/year. But if they were talking about deviations then they make around $62k/year. And neither numbers are near $87k/year. As a mathematician this is my only contribution to this thread other than stating how excited I am for the remaining reissues that most likely won't be available until 2018 at the earliest at this rate.

7 hours ago, jhulud said:

Who gives a fuck how much some rando makes a year and how they spend their damn money. Let's get back to talking about damaged NIN records and the Sandbag shitshow. Yeah. That's the ticket. 

Good call.  Fuck my math, ya'll are right- I just woke up thinking wait, dude doesn't work 365 days a year.  

Anyway, back on track-   I'm away on vacation but can't freaking wait to spin this bastard when I get back.

Maybe they should have done a deluxe 'The Fragile' reissue 7 LP boxset that included Deviations with expanded artwork, proper box etc and charged $150 - $200 for it. I'm sure it would have still sold a bunch of copies. 

$80 for Deviations on its own is pretty steep for what you are getting.

3 hours ago, Skacel said:

Maybe they should have done a deluxe 'The Fragile' reissue 7 LP boxset that included Deviations with expanded artwork, proper box etc and charged $150 - $200 for it. I'm sure it would have still sold a bunch of copies. 

$80 for Deviations on its own is pretty steep for what you are getting.

You're proposing a 7LP set and then asking to be charged $150 to $200 for it? That also seems steep.

8 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

You're proposing a 7LP set and then asking to be charged $150 to $200 for it? That also seems steep.

Maybe but I am talking about having a proper sturdy box for it and some actual artwork. Not a flimsy gate fold and a one sided sheet with track list.

Also, buying them individually is $125 so $150 with proper packaging seems fair.

Edited by Skacel

3 minutes ago, Skacel said:

Maybe but I am talking about having a proper sturdy box for it and some actual artwork. Not a flimsy gate fold and a one sided sheet with track list.

Also, buying them individually is $125 so $150 with proper packaging seems fair.

Yeah, but the current prices of them individually don't seem anywhere close to fair. They are still ridiculously priced.